• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bioflex Recover X Review?

The Crow

Had a bit of a search in here and couldn't find much.

Anyone tried/use/recommend Recover X?

There seems to be a thousand different opinions on intra workout drinks on Ausbb and I'm not really looking for a "try water" flame war, just wondering what those more learned than I think of it as an all in one intra drink. Been thinking about creating a concoction after reading heaps of info on Ausbb and was considering this as an easy solution.

So what do we think of Recover X?

Are you training in a fasted state (16+ hours without food), wanting to stay in a fasted state and you not meeting your protein requirements for the day?

If the answer is YES, it would the perfect fit to promote protein synthesis/stop protein breakdown due to it containing all the EAA's. That is why it will 'work' in THAT situation and help with 'recovery' due to it increasing your overall protein intake.

If the answer is NO, simply acquire Creatine and Beta Alanine. Add some caffeine to that if you need some mental stimulation. You will not get any extra benefit from extra EAA's if you are meeting your daily protein needs.

All in all, the formula is pretty much unmatched. You just need to decided if you actually need it or not :)

Last edited:
I have used it on my last two work outs, so not sure if it makes a difference yet:confused: Taste is good (I have orange), but I take mine slightly different, as I make my own mix of intra work out drink

I have currently (only the last two workouts) been doing this:

Prior to work out:
10 gram of Bulk Nutrients Pre Workout NT and 5gram of Bulk Nutrients BCAA's (have previously tried Jacked and Muscle Tech Nano Vapor, and find this much much cheaper and better than both of those)

Intra workout:
10gram of Bulk Nutrients BCAA's, and 10 grams of Bioflex Recover X mixed into my water bottle that I sip between sets. (used to be plain water or Gatorade previosly)

Post workout:
Either a WPI protein shake or a feed of tuna depending on how I feel:)

Not sure how good it all is, but it makes me feel better, everyone has different opinions, some don't bother with anything while others go all out, I think I am in between.

I am happy to spend a few $$$ (it's not that much in the sceme of things) as it's still cheaper than buying junk food, take away, soft drinks, cigarettes and alcohol that a lot of my peers spend their $$$ on, and I look and feel a hell of a lot better than them:p

Hope this helps with your 'recover X', may be just try a tub and see how you feel after it's been used up:)