• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Muscle building at lower bodyfat levels

The Hulk

Active Member, Site Advertiser
Would it be harder to build muscle at a body fat level ranging from say 6% to 10% rather than something like 10% to 15% ?

Personally, I want to get lean and stay lean, but want to still be able to build muscle.

So, is it more difficult to build muscle when at a lower body fat %

Hey I started a thread similar to this a bit earlier on, check out some the replies they may be useful to you. From everything Ive heard its easier to gain muscle while at a lower range 8-12% and harder at higher % 15 etc.

You will tend to put on more fat as you get bigger. For instance, I got from 105lbs to 155lbs in a year without putting on much fat, but people I've trained with tend to have to put on more fat when they are bigger than 100kg