• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

maintaining size when you have no access to gym

2-3 weeks fair enough, but 8 weeks is quite a while.
Everyone has different priorities and goals.

I guess the point of the thread was "How can I" not "Should I or shouldn't I".

2-3 weeks fair enough, but 8 weeks is quite a while.
Everyone has different priorities and goals.

I guess the point of the thread was "How can I" not "Should I or shouldn't I".

8 weeks is stuff all. You not gonna shrink in 8 weeks and the strength will come back very quick.

Your right people do have different priorities. I have taken my squat stands and weights on holidays with me before.lol. But if I had no weights stuffing around with a couple liter water bottles and what ever other junk isnt gonna do much anyway.

If it was me I'd be doing bodyweight stuff. Use 2 chairs for dips, stick feet on bed and do deep pushups with chest lowered between the chairs. Get a strong pole across the chairs and do inverted rows with feet up on bed. Bench dips with hands on bed and feet on chair. Also bw squats and lunges. Pullups if a bar is available would be great.

buy a set of band, pretty much anything you can do with a cable you can do with a band, pushdowns, facepulls, pulldowns, pull aparts, goodmornings, pushups, rows etc etc

sorry I havent been on guys, been flat out at work.

On Sunday, being lazy I couldnt be bothered to ride out to the local park (which has bars that I could do chins from) so I did a work out at home. Just your basics - push ups (60 or so in sets of 10), wide grip chins using the old school clothes line in backyard (same as push ups but in sets of 5's), dips using 2 outdoor deck chairs (60 in sets of 10). Then finished off with sprints up drive way, walk back, then sprint again.

Workout was kinda supersetted. I might order some bands online and I think I will so the same workout I did on sunday tonight minus perhaps the wide grip chins and/or sprints (we'll see). Although Im saying in rural Australia, the place I am staying at has next to nothing in terms of things I can lift, drag, squat and/or press.

I was thinking of doing p90x kinda exercises but I want to maintain my size. Or I could go with bas rutten workout for cardio/condition. Although the focus to to not lose much size. Im naturally skinny and it has taken me around 4 yrs to get to where I am, not something I want to lose.

its not going to dissapear overnight bro...

just do a pushup/pullup/one legged squat(great time to learn them man...seriously) type program. Pull out the pencil and start getting creative with the progressions etc.
Superset them to help with conidtioning.

one legged squats, Superset with hill sprints, WILL KICK YOU'RE ARSE!! do them three times a week, using a rep progression and you'll probably come home with bigger stronger legs!!

with the pushups, mix it up. Normal stance, narrow(tri dominant), dynamic(clapping n shit), work up to one arm pushups and handstand pushups. Again, this is the perfect opportunity to learn new stuff mate. If you cant do handstand pushups yet, in 8 weeks you should be able to work up to 10 or more! That will help you're overhead press when you get back. you'll probably be stronger there too...

Pullups...millions of options there. Do "L-sit Pullups(or whatever the fuck they are called)" if you're already good at pullups...and if you are good at them, take it up a notch and work towards high rep clap pullups, and muscle ups...

Shit there's so much you can do without weights or a gym.

OH! and yes, buy some bands. Order em online if not availiable in town. use for everything.

Order the 'The Tower 200' ....body by Jake!

If you have a door you have a Gym:p

or how about a Bullworker x5, they seemed to sell heaps in the 80's.