• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Everyone has atleast once in their training life , over trained , it's a common thing and a rather serious one too

Often the new bodybuilder who thinks "more is better" is a victim of overtraining.

We should all beaware of the effects of overtraining and how to prevent it.

What are the effects of overtraining?
Cardio or Weight Training: Which is worse?

What are some of the symptoms that you have over trained?

how can you prevent overtraining?

Most people who get overtraining symptoms are people who either train really stupidly and/or do not take recovery seriously. That means getting enough sleep, food, rest and recovery sessions, stress reduction etc. If you can not do these things don't go abd train like.someone who can. Work and family life is a stressor so you learn to deal with stress better to accommodate these things. Most athletes don't have these stresses and the good ones manage these stresses well (or learn too).

Food wise people seem to do either eat too much or eat too little. Sadly the average trainee goes towards the two little side of things and can not recover properly because of it.

You will always get a crazy trainee who maxes out his bench press 4 times a week and then overtrains but that is rare. In short most people under-recover not over-train.

What are the effects of overtraining?
Be aware that it can be a range of things.

Cardio or Weight Training: Which is worse?
For someone wanting to increase muscle tissue; cardio.
For someone who's goal it is to maximize respitory and circulative health; weight training.

What are some of the symptoms that you have over trained?
Over the years? Mainly;
Loss of strength
Lack of interest

I control my symptoms by controlling the amount or duration of cardio.
Eating or sleeping my way out of overtrained state was nebulas at best.

Overtraining is massively overrated. Most people will never train hard enough to have to worry about overtraining.

wow, i had a 12-marker on this in my pe exam yesterday. Thank you guys, i am glad i read through this thread.

Overtraining is massively overrated. Most people will never train hard enough to have to worry about overtraining.

That is correct for the most part. 90% of people who WORRY about overtraining don't actually train hard enough to have that issue ;)

There is the exception of the few people who dramatically under eat and then 'train' 6 days a week. Typically that is found in noobs who want to lose weight or the noobs who think they are 'bodybuilders'

Ep1c will prevent overtraining...

Seriously though, plenty of rest, quality nutrition and stay in tune with your body.

Ep1c will prevent overtraining...

Seriously though, plenty of rest, quality nutrition and stay in tune with your body.

If you double the dose of ep1c it will pretty much go to the gym for you.......

Straight after training shoot as much slin, hgh and no estered steroids as you can handle and eat as much food as possible. This will make you recover much faster than usual and thus you won't get much if any symptoms of over training.

Accumulated fatigue is a thing but I wouldn't call it over training.

My idea of overtraining is where you’re actually losing strength and or muscle tissue, I’m my mind you’re so called accumulated fatigue is the same animal.
you are not giving your body ample time to recover.

For the bodybuilder stimulation is key.
For the power lifter the balance of training and strength building is key.
For longevity of joint and heart health for all of us is “ less is more” and that’s a fact.
If you chasing healthy halve what your doing in the weight room right now to see instant improvements.

I’m to believe that two workouts a week is better than three, and in some cases for a long term lifter one could be optimal.