• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Im never going to be that guy who tells others their training is suboptimal or wrong but there is no way an older fella trains compounds more than 4 times a week unless they are lifting girly weights or on the gear.

Sorry @Shrek
@Goosey is on the money when he says less is more but anyone saying more is good better have numbers to back it up.

3 times a week for me seems to be the sweet spot with a low stress regime of heavy compounds (in and out in 30 minutes, 3 times per fortnight per lift) but I pay no attention to recovery, drink too much and enjoy hurting myself at work showing up the young blokes so my lifting suffers. Being stubborn and stupid goes further than broccoli and brown rice.

Per lift?????

I don’t rain lifts.

Im not a PL.
I have not interests in lifts.
I train my body using many different exercises. Not lifts.

A small muscle biceps and calves can be trained 4 days per week, whereas quads which require longer to recover should be trained twice. Etc etc.

Train muscles not lifts unless you want to be a power lifter.

That’s awesome Sherk but this topic is how to address overtraining (what is it) not how good you are or aren’t

Im never going to be that guy who tells others their training is suboptimal or wrong but there is no way an older fella trains compounds more than 4 times a week unless they are lifting girly weights or on the gear.

Sorry @Shrek
@Goosey is on the money when he says less is more but anyone saying more is good better have numbers to back it up.

3 times a week for me seems to be the sweet spot with a low stress regime of heavy compounds (in and out in 30 minutes, 3 times per fortnight per lift) but I pay no attention to recovery, drink too much and enjoy hurting myself at work showing up the young blokes so my lifting suffers. Being stubborn and stupid goes further than broccoli and brown rice.

yep.

Sherk is being a little gerry lately

ive trained and lifted until ive seen jesus,none of you can match the intensity!!!!Really if you aint pissing snot and blood outcha nose during squat sessions,you re nowhere near overtraining

Shrek likes it that Cum Shot is so far up his arse

Last edited:
shrekkie why are you deleting stuff buddy?he was merely pointing out that Cum shot is allowed to post debateable material whereas the rest of us have to mind our ps and qs

I have removed many of his questionable posts.
Also, no one has reported anything.
Use the report function.

You’re the one who brags the most about his powerlifting prowess. Just go and do it. FFS!

matter of fact mate.I try to keep it low key,but i get excited when i talk about powerlifting.Nah not gonna rush.Really i want to train well next yr and break some regional m1 records first,i really like the idea of getting a record or two