• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Beef jerky and biltong

tat maytals

What are peoples thoughts on snacking on either of these throughout the day?

Is it a good idea for a snack for protein?

Does anyone have any good links/sources for some solid tasting but not heaps expensive stuff? I saw some at woolworths today that was $4 for 50grams.

Considering turkey mince is $4 for half a kilo, the beef jerky seems a little pricey.

Bought some yesterday $2.99 for 75 gram at my local woolies on special, that stuff is OK, but it's always been expensive.

There was a guy at my work who was making it himself/

Have considered doing that but never got around to it.

Or you can do what most do here with their protein powder and supplements, buy bulk on line.

Here is one place I looked at before, but have never ordered, but still not cheap, but it takes a lot of beef and time to make 1kg of biltong:)

Beef Jerky | Biltong | Perth Western Australia | Gluten Free | Droewors | DJays

Hey TM do a search there was a massive thread on this with plenty of links to suppliers

I just ordered a kg direct from Micks Jerky, made up of 500g hot chilli and 500g Bhut Jolokia :) Cheers for the recommendation, he was great to deal with.

Ive never been a big fan as I have always just had the cheap stuff from the supermarket and didnt rate it, but had some good stuff on the weekend and now im addicted! Cant wait to try it

Hey, there are one or two south african owned butchers up in the st ives area sydney that will do biltong for you for maybe $40/kg?

we make our own biltong in batches at christmas, the stuff keeps for ages. But its still very pricey for a protein source/snack.

I received my Micks Jerky order the other day and man that Bhut Jolokia has some kick! I can only have a few pieces before I have to stop! The hot chilli, well I could eat the whole tub I rekon, perfect if you dont like it too hot
Very good quality meat is used with hardly any fat on it and the flavour is the bomb, so addictive.

Highly recommended :)
[FONT=&quot]micksjerky@optusnet.com.au[/FONT]

$65 for a kilo and $12 for postage which allows from 500g to 3kg orders

500g fills a 1.5L container to the brim, I had to eat some to get the lid on so you get more that you think :)