• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pure DMAA 1,3-dimethylamylamine available at Bulk Nutrients

It Contains 50mg of Geranium extract, that does not mean it contains 50mg of DMAA.....since an active dose of DMAA is around 25mg as recommended by the distributor of DMAA.

This is why I asked the question as I believe the actual amount of DMAA contained would be minute, depending on strength/concentration of the Geranium extract.

I think this is what gets a lot of people confused even though one contains the other a 50mg serve of Geranium does not contain 50mg of DMAA....unless I am the one thats confused:confused:

50mg of geranium extract will not contain 50mg of DMAA. Also another thing is that 2 different batches of geranium extract will normally contain different amounts of DMAA, because how much DMAA is in the geranium is based on soil content, sunlight etc etc

A bit like how the same grapes in the same vinyard will produce a different flavour wine each year

It Contains 50mg of Geranium extract, that does not mean it contains 50mg of DMAA.....since an active dose of DMAA is around 25mg as recommended by the distributor of DMAA.

This is why I asked the question as I believe the actual amount of DMAA contained would be minute, depending on strength/concentration of the Geranium extract.

I think this is what gets a lot of people confused even though one contains the other a 50mg serve of Geranium does not contain 50mg of DMAA:
That is correct.

you know I found a paper on the net that claimed that they could not extract any DMAA from any part of geranium...???

http://www.consumerlab.com/recalls.asp

maybe it was just an elaborate name to make it sound natural, and is actually made in a lab...it is just a type of met amphetamine, and will show as such in a drug test.

Geranamine / Methylhexaneamine
This psychoactive drug is commonly called geranamine or methylhexaneamine but is also sometimes called forthan, forthane, floradrene or 1,3 dimethylamylamine (DMAA). It is used as a nasal decongestant acting as a noradrenalin reuptake inhibitor. It is often confused with ephedrine as the effects experienced are remarkably similar. However, as it comes under different regulations, it is found in some dietary supplements along with caffeine and other ingredients.
Geranamine is not FDA approved in its own right, although it is a component of geranium oil which is approved for use in foods, hence it is classified as a dietary supplement rather than a pharmaceutical product. Geranamine is a component of the oil from Pelargonium graveoles which is approved for use in foods,but it only comprises 0.66% of geranium oil and pure synthetic geranamine is thus quite different from geranium oil.
Typical doses of geranamine range from 40-50mg in a serving, and has been described by users as 'a different type of "energy" to ephedrine; not as intense, but still very noticeable'.

I honestly dont think it will be too long before it is banned here aswell.....​

Last edited:
I tried this stuff yesterday for the first time. I wasn't sure how much i dosed, i used the scales i bought from bulk nutrients and it said 0.02 - 0.03 then it went back to 0.00 so i just used what i had on the scale.

I felt a little different on my way to the gym, a light euphoric feeling. I was really looking forward to my workout.

I felt pretty focused and energised throughout my whole workout, i was barely resting in between sets and was breaking a mad sweat during my first exercise, squats.

My mate told me i looked like i was peaking in the gym lol

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify, with the Pre Workout NT, we now use 100% synthesised DMAA not geranium extract (despite what the label says).

It is dosed at exactly 25mg per 10g dose.

Hi Bio

Not cool if the label on the packet does not reflect what is in the packet.....

Its kinda the same thing as saying proprietary blend... Nobody knows whats in it!!!

Just my 10 cents...

Cheers!

And.... I hold the product in higher regards now that I know that it has DMAA in it and not Geranium extract....

Even though they can be proposed as the same thing...

Hi Bio

Not cool if the label on the packet does not reflect what is in the packet.....

Its kinda the same thing as saying proprietary blend... Nobody knows whats in it!!!

Just my 10 cents...

Cheers!

Hi Nazzy, the two terms are commonly interchangable and the pouches were designed some time ago - when we were using geranium extract in the product. Ideally, I would like them to say 25mg of pure DMAA, however 50mg of Geranium Extract will suffice until more are done.

Please note, the info on our website as well as anywhere else this product will reflect this change. Certainly the pouches will be too once we have more printed.

Has it always had the DMMA or is it a new formula now?

Mick, we originally used the geranium extract but later switched to pure DMAA.
I was unhappy with geranium extract as when dealing with such potent compounds consistency (which is very difficult to guarantee with plant extracts) was never quite their.

Another bonus is that the product no longer has a smell reminiscent of a plant extract as pure DMAA is close to tasteless.

Thanks, I love the Pre workout NT and will be ordering some more soon:) It's the only one hat I found that I can actually feel make a difference:)

Just mixed up DMAA and Caffeine powder into their own water solution so I dont have to measure them out each time, just need to get an oral syringe!

DMAA disolved easily, 200ml to 1g of it, gives me 10ML @ 50MG and Caffeine at double that dose.

Just mixed up DMAA and Caffeine powder into their own water solution so I dont have to measure them out each time, just need to get an oral syringe!

DMAA disolved easily, 200ml to 1g of it, gives me 10ML @ 50MG and Caffeine at double that dose.

Well thats an easy way to measure it out!

tried this stuff for a second time and i didnt notice anything, maybe cause i had it 2 days in a row? anyway it's been a couple weeks might give it another go!

is it bad to mix it with some beta alanine/creatine?

We would love to simply capsulate it, alas we are governed by some very strong legislation which prohibits it. Funny that, providing a very sensitive product in an easy to take, meterd dose is prohibited, yet selling someone a bag of powder which if taken incorrectly could have some very severe consequences isn't!

Do you perhaps sell micro scoops? which would make it very easy then to get the correct dosage, no need then for scales.