• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Intra-workout Shakes

Bioflex2

Banned
What's your favourite intra-workout shake?

A recent conversation on here inspired us at Bioflex to put this up on the forum and want to hear of your recipes you take during your workout. Best answer will receive a free 500g tub of Recover X!

I use a concotion of
EAA's or BCAA's
L-Leucine
L-Glutamine &
ALC.

I sip throughout workout.

Last edited:
I used to use:

3-5 g creatine
3-10 g glutamine
15-20 g essential amino acids
15 g branched chain amino acids
30-50 g of Vitargo/WMS
1 tablespoon electrolyte drink powder(such as Gatorade/powerade)

Keep them coming, good to see a few good ones coming in too. Even liked the cement one...something I tell a lot of guys at my gym.

We'll keep this going to this Sunday and give everyone a chance. The winner will be announced Monday.

At one stage quite a few years back I was downing Glucose tablets (Glocoden) because i thought the extra glucose would allow me to train longer.

:(

Not really a shake, but I'll eat a Banana, half before hand, half during..

Maybe I should blend it... then would it count?

Not really a shake, but I'll eat a Banana, half before hand, half during..

Maybe I should blend it... then would it count?

We'll let that one count Adrian. I'm happy to hear about pretty much anything people do within their workout to help through and train harder. Some great ideas coming through!

Years ago I used to sip Gatorade during training between sets (used to buy the powder and make up a weak mix), when doing high rep (15-25reps) light weights.

Also lots of water, these days I just have a mouth full of water after every set.

Not very exciting I guess:rolleyes:

Hmm, nothing special,
water, and lots of it.
Yep, that's mine too...

I've never been into NoXplode or Jacked or even V or anything with Guarana in it. I get the NO2 thing, but for me I just drink water between each set.

Cheers,
Mike

I have the BN preworkout mix before training.

From the moment I start driving towards the gym I have a mix of:

15g xtend
15g BCAAs
2g arginine

I skull whatever is left after my last rep of my last set, walk over to the water fountain and make up my PWO shake (50g super fine oats + 15g WPC).

Then drive home and smash down a meal as soon as I stop feeling nautious from the workout lol.

My Intra-Training drink consist of 1 litre of water MIXED with 3 parts Tiesto, 2 parts Benny Benassi and 5 parts intensity!....

Note see what I did there with 'Mixed'....... LOL