• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

MTC

Hi!

I am interested in beginning Fitness Modelling. It's been something that I have been thinking about for the past 3 months, but still have no idea where on earth to begin when it comes to a training program and diet.

One day I would like to get into some of the other categories, but it seems that fitness modelling is a good place to begin.

Here's some stats to work with:
Height: 163 cm
Weight: 52.8 kg
Bodyfat: 18%

Currently I do 3 days of interval running and 2 days of muscle training in which I either do a Body Pump class (which I LOVE) or use free weights in the gym following the upper body regime in the Body-For-Life book.

I currently don't train legs unless I do a Body Pump class in which I do a squat track with 15 - 17 kgs depending on the length of the track, and a lunge track with 10 kgs.

I currently don't live in Australia ( I am in Wellington, New Zealand) and will be moving to Sydney in mid September, then off to Melbourne in January - any good gyms you can recommend would be fantastic.

First you need to do a nude interview. I will arrange a time. :p

On a serious note..
Your stats sound good.
You should probably work on your legs.

Unless you are naturally gifted with a fit toned body, you will need to look more seriously into dieting and exercise. Fitness first classes are not ideal. They're ok, but not ideal. If you are really serious you should hire a professional trainer. Not a PT from fitness first or some other stupid PT who does middle aged housewives...

Last edited:
Most fitness models are trainers or athletes due to the dedication needed. You probably need to have lower bodyfat but that comes with the dedication. You also need good form or skill in specific exercises or sports etc as a lot of jobs are selling a product or training method.

Good luck.

Yeah I know if I am going to be serious and go ahead then I am going to need to be strictly dedicated. I just don't quite know where to start.

The muscle is under the fat, just need to show it, and grow the muscle a bit more - I understand that much.

I was going to get a trainer who works with a lot of people who get into body building, but don't have the $200 to pay upfront at the gym I am currently at. So i'm looking for as much free advice as I can get right now.

I'd be able to help if you were in Melb, have helped a few people get into contest/modeling cond.

You will have to train legs. Diet will be more important than the training itself (and the training itself is extremely important) so there you go. What are you eating at the moment?

Yeah I know if I am going to be serious and go ahead then I am going to need to be strictly dedicated. I just don't quite know where to start.

The muscle is under the fat, just need to show it, and grow the muscle a bit more - I understand that much.

I was going to get a trainer who works with a lot of people who get into body building, but don't have the $200 to pay upfront at the gym I am currently at. So i'm looking for as much free advice as I can get right now.

You have a long road ahead of you.
Do a 3 day full body split program for at least 6 months. See the bodybuilding section... there are a few programs at the top by Fadi and Markos. To lose fat try limiting carbs and going below maintenance.

You should get your goals prioritised. Gain muscle, then lose fat. So workout hard, eat lots (especially protein). Then once you're happy with your musculature try to cut down on carbs and lower calories to below your daily requirement (~500cals). Aerobic exercise isn't going to impact your weight that much... your muscle mass and diet will impact it most.

Nice goal, get active, make a plan, stick to it and go for gold.:)

LOL at all the pervs who want pictures:D

But yeah pictures would be good:rolleyes::D

Welcome, there are plenty of help full knowledgeable people here willing to help out.

I can't seem to get any pictures up :( I have lost 10kg since october last year and have a before and current pic. Not a major transformation when it comes to muscle gain, but I'm not fat anymore :)

Diet for the last two weeks has been:
Breakfast - Either a horleys sculpt shake with trim milk OR special k with yoghurt and coffee.
Snack - Coffee and 2x vitawheet crackers with cottage cheese and avocado OR an apple or banana
Lunch - Salad with either a small can of chicken or tuna, minimum lite dressing OR a scrambled egg on wholemeal toast.
Snack - Coffee and a smaller than breakfast serve of special k with yoghurt OR vitawheet crackers with cottage cheese and avocado
Dinner - The most hard to organize meal of the day as I am working through the hours of 5 - 9pm, so I sometimes skip it, or have a protein bar before hand. If I am having dinner, I have heaps of steamed veges and a portion of chicken or steak. I don't like too much carbs in the way of potatoes, bread and pasta - I don't know why but they make me fart :( So I stear clear of them. I do try to include a small amount of carbs though, but if I do it's usually cous cous or rice.
Supper - A cup of tea with 2 squares of dark chocolate

Hey MTC, good luck with the move over here. You wouldn't be contemplating the career unless you had a pretty good fitness base so good luck with it.

I work for a pretty well known sports brand and all of our catalogues and conferences, showings of new ranges to customers etc require models with reasonably athletic builds to show off our workout gear (either photos or catwalk) so there's definitely jobs out there. I have no idea how well they pay but we generally just want fit looking normal people rather than the models you see in muscle mags.

One thing I will say is that we do have models that we use regularly (maybe once a month) and that we hire/pay directly rather than going through an agency, so don't be afraid to call up sports companies and ask for the marketing department, tell them you want to do fitness modelling and ask "if I email you through some pics, could you have a look and consider me for any work you might have coming up".

Good luck and hope to see you start a workout diary. :)

Diet for the last two weeks has been:
Breakfast -Either a horleys sculpt shake with trim milk OR special k with yoghurt and coffee.

Congrats on the weight loss :)

BTW my wife tried using horleys sculpt as well, but after looking at what was in it, it is much much cheaper to buy bulk flavoured WPI and take a multi-vitamin tablet :)

A benefit of using pure WPI is much reduced carb/fat content as well!

beforeandafterb.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Before at 62.8 on the left, After at 52.8 on the right. As said, nothing super amazing, just not a fat anymore :)

Great work on the weight loss MTC. Dunno whether it's just me but your delts look a little better in the after pic. Keep up the good work.

Great work so far! I'll echo the other comments and say you need to now focus on getting under the iron and doing some lifting to bring out your muscles. In time a good coach will help a lot. You'll need to work on your diet and limit your carbs whilst keeping your proteins up. We can all help with spreadsheets and calculators for that when you're ready. A friend of mine at work is a competitive Fitness Model who competed in the most recent comp here in Brisbane and did pretty well. Her coach is this lady:

Nicky Jankovic | Home

Check out here website for some ideas and tips. It will also give you an idea what sort of figure you would need to aspire to in order to compete in Fitness Modelling. In fact you can see my workmate Lauren Moran's photo on that site if you scroll down a bit too. She's going great!

Good luck with it and welcome to AusBB!

Cheers,
Mike

Last edited:
Great results on the weight loss, time to start hitting the iron and lift some weights.

Not sure if women should be training the same way as men, but if yes I would suggest hit the beginners workout as outlined on this forum, I only started a week ago, and it seems to be doing it's thing:)

What about "mature" models?

Anyone think there's any prospects for a 50 something chick? Will have to get a booty shot taken but the situation in words is :

Have been strength training for a while, focussing on whole body/ KB type workouts for the last 9 months which I have found to improve results. Have well defined legs, (often complimented for calves) & generally well proportioned, although only 1.65m height. Arms are reasonably toned, though upper body strength has plenty of room for improvement & would like flashier guns. Have done some commercial modeling, (30 years ago, so no current portfolio).

Can achieve a 6 pack by dietary means if necessary.

Realistically no chance of competing against much younger women for work but am always told I look much younger than chronological age. Do any advertisers have a need to target an older demographic with potential for an age-appropriate model?

Don't worry, not intending on giving up the day job but I have gone back to uni studying post-grad dietetics & it would be great to have a way of stemming the tide of debt I am accumulating without full time work. Would be happy to do trade show demos or similar.

I appreciate everyone's feedback.