• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

All Dairy is Bad!(?) - Please discuss

Yes I agree mostly with what you are saying, measuring health depends on what variables the measurer places value on, and personally I tend to take a pretty holistic approach.

The only loophole would be someone on a road to ruin who doesn't realise something they think makes them healthy or makes their life is good is actually killing them.

Think drug addicts/abusers who depend on drugs to feel good despite their organs and relationships breaking down around them, fat people who frigging love eating food despite their heart problems/diabetes or smokers who refuse to quit despite emphysema.

That's why I find it interesting when someone tells ME Im doing something wrong in my life that i wasn't even aware was contentious (though I realise there's a voice for every cause and the volume of the voice depends on the number of followers or the money/power involved and not the validity of the cause).

Eh.

Dairy is fine. Be weary of anyone who tries to sell you this bullshit. Particularly condemning entire food groups. Fad diets are good at this.

Tony Robbins scores a donotwant/10.

Milk isn't anything new.

I know of quite a few people who have done extensive research into the typical milk you see on a supermarket shelf and reckon it's the devil.

Joe DeFranco even wrote something on it on his website when talking about "superfoods" (He was saying since a lot of his clients had switched to rice milk their allergies weren't showing up as much, and they were much healthier overall)

Hmm, good point Hirdy, didn't think of it in such a way. Yes this points out the weakness in my thought process on the subject. I agree that every contentious issue has a 'voice' and can be overly broadcasted at times. I do find contentious issues such as the ones discussed perplexing at times as well. I and allot of others have and continue to use these products, so how do we 'really' know?. My thoughts on this; people are delving into a conspicuous way of thinking, they (we) are becoming more suspicious of our food and those who provide it. I think this is ultimately a very good thing, but somewhere inside, I still think there is ambiguity that is reasoned with less than credible science, so I wouldn't go as far as saying 'alarmist' views are taking place as lots of things are discovered, especially in diets, that science is slow on the uptake....high protein for building muscle would suffice a good example here....I guess we have to 'guess' a bit at times and change our diets and lives according to what we think is relevant at the time. I cannot argue that these things don't worry me, I have kids and want them to eat healthy as much as I want myself to, but I tend to take a balanced approach so as not to 'overly' concern myself. In the end, what else can we do? I know one thing for sure, milk ain't milk anymore, its watered down shit with frig knows what they water it down with, my suspicions are it probebly isn't as good for you as it was ..say...20yrs ago, I remember full cream milk was thick and tasted nice, now I only really use it with a protein shake as the shake adds flavor.

Im not sure what you mean...Some people get diarhoea every time they have a cup of milk, I'm pretty sure it still happened before they had a more palatable name for it?

As for MY diet, yeah Im sure there are other things to cross off the shopping list before dairy...dairy isn't my #1 offender thats for sure (more likely the 20 standard drinks I had Friday-Sunday).

I'm just referencing a time when it wasn't the reason every second **** was fat.

What did all these people do when they were sucking milk out of their mums bewbs? human milk is close to 10% lactose isn't it?

Haha im pretty sure we all had pretty ugly bowel movements when we were breast feeding so yu wouldn't really know.

But i know where you are coming from, kids just used to be a-holes, now they have ADHD, bludgers used to be lazy, now they have chronic fatigue, overweight people have glandular problems and people who can't play guitar have "small fingers" rather than being undedicated. Dont get me started on sex addicts or wife beaters who have 'intimacy issues" either.