• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My Supplement Stack

Big Mick

"2014 - Kunce of the year"
What I am currently using. I was using some of these before I started training, I have now been back on the weights for 6 weeks, and have developed the below supplement stack during this time.

AM:
Nature's Way Mens Super Nutrient Multi vitamin recommended dosage
Nature's Way Fish Oil recommended dosage
Nature's Way Joint Restore Glocosamine 12 hr time release
Nature's Way Vitamin B complex
One serving (shake) of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey with micronised oats added to shake (Uncle tobies oats blended) for extra tase volume and fibre.

PM:
Nature's Way Night time Multi Vitamin
Nature's Way Joint Restore Glucosamine 12 hr time release
Asperin recommeded dosage
Max's Nite Time Casein Protein shake with water (recommended dosage)

I will have extra Whey Shakes during the day or after work outs if I feel I need the extra boost of protein, or if I feel extra sore.

EXTRAS:
Max's Cre8 Carnage Creatine (8 Creatine blend as well as added Beta Alanine and Histidine and Arginine Alphaketoglutarate) Take recommended dosage daily before and after training.

HAVE ALSO TRIED:
Jacked3D pre workout - did not do much for me till I doubled the recommended 5.5 gram dosage (which is not recommended) so will not be using it again.

Muscletech naNO Vapor pre workout, picked it up cheap on eBay- wow this stuff really works, only used about half to 2/3 recommendd serving and it gives a huge energy boost, made me train harder and lift heavier than I did before, seems to give a big rush, so much so that I was somewhat concerned about the affect it would have on me in the long term. (will start a new thread about this one soon so don't criticise it here too much)

I realise here many do not agree with commercial supplements, but I believe I am only taking the basics (vitamins and protein).

Anyway let me know what you think, am I going overboard, or am I missing something??

Multi and fish oil are staples.

Tip, you can buy a similar product to Max's for a fraction of the cost.

Max's = rip off.

Look up Max's in the dictionary if you do not believe me. :)

I have been checking out some of the site sponsors, and will probably give them a go re the protein.

Have also been thinking about some BCAA's which I found on a sponsor web site.

Anyone use dessicated Liver tablets???? They used to be all the range in the early 90's, and used to be considered the must have supplement, never hear it mentioned these days.

If you feel like it a multi and fish oil is all you need and I don't even bother with that anymore.

In the latest studies glucosamine looks like it doesn't work.

Yeah not sure on the glucosamine either, but at my age (over 40) I need all the help I can get with my old joints, I think for the few $$$ I will take the chance that it does something, usually buy it when it's on special.

Just want to give my body a fighting chance to deal with the strain I am putting it under doing this new found training.

post 40 you can look at some test or hgh to build muscle if you like..you will probably end up spending less. well for hgh prob 12 dollars per day for 90 days but ..

e.g multi =$30
glucosamine =30
vaso=50
creatine =50
bcomplex=
per month

test vial and pct =?

fatworward the first vid to the trainin part..its good

All the best bro!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PdJFbjWHEU"]‪Doug McGuff M.D. -- Medical Support for the Paleo Diet [Full]‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Intereting, but where do I find post 40???

Did you forget to attach a link??

What are the figures you have attached next to eg multi $30 etc etc

I am confused:confused:

He meant post 40 years of age haha

At your age natural testosterone isn't at the levels that are going to be benefiting you the most when it comes to building muscle, but, it is possible your test levels arn't too bad so don't go thinking you have to run test to build muscle.

Best bet would to check for symptoms of low test or see a doctor for hormone levels. See what your results come back and take it from there, some people find that things such as Tribulus and ZMA boost their testosterone levels naturally if they are lower than usual. If they are real low, HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy in this case Testosterone) is an option and you will find it benefits you in more ways than just being able to build muscle, ie. libido, well-being, sleep, more energy etc.

Last edited:
Ahhh, I see, I was looking for post 40:p

That makes sense now, thanks for clearing that up.

Have to get a blood test soon anyway as part of my check up, so I think I will get it checked out.

What I am currently using. I was using some of these before I started training, I have now been back on the weights for 6 weeks, and have developed the below supplement stack during this time.

AM:
Nature's Way Mens Super Nutrient Multi vitamin recommended dosage
Nature's Way Joint Restore Glocosamine 12 hr time release
Nature's Way Vitamin B complex
One serving (shake) of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey with micronised oats added to shake (Uncle tobies oats blended) for extra tase volume and fibre.

PM:
Nature's Way Night time Multi Vitamin
Nature's Way Joint Restore Glucosamine 12 hr time release
Asperin recommeded dosage
Max's Nite Time Casein Protein shake with water (recommended dosage)

I will have extra Whey Shakes during the day or after work outs if I feel I need the extra boost of protein, or if I feel extra sore.

EXTRAS:
Max's Cre8 Carnage Creatine (8 Creatine blend as well as added Beta Alanine and Histidine and Arginine Alphaketoglutarate) Take recommended dosage daily before and after training.

HAVE ALSO TRIED:
Jacked3D pre workout - did not do much for me till I doubled the recommended 5.5 gram dosage (which is not recommended) so will not be using it again.

Muscletech naNO Vapor pre workout, picked it up cheap on eBay- wow this stuff really works, only used about half to 2/3 recommendd serving and it gives a huge energy boost, made me train harder and lift heavier than I did before, seems to give a big rush, so much so that I was somewhat concerned about the affect it would have on me in the long term. (will start a new thread about this one soon so don't criticise it here too much)

I realise here many do not agree with commercial supplements, but I believe I am only taking the basics (vitamins and protein).

Anyway let me know what you think, am I going overboard, or am I missing something??

Mick, your supplement stack isn't too bad, you are using protein and creatine products which really should be the bread and butter of any supplement range.
I notice you take quite a few multivitamins and other products for joint maintenance and general health, while this is a good thing I am going to guess that on top of this your diet is balanced, including plenty of veges?

I always recommend people put their diet plan up with their supp plan, as it is important that supps aren't utilised to cover dietary" holes that are all too common.

Regarding better value for money supps, you could easily save 30% or more by from one of my companies Bulk Nutrients or Bioflex.

From Bulk Nutrients you could substitute the ON whey for 5kg of WPC for $99 (which is actually slightly better nutritionally than the ON product), add Casein on top of that for nights, which would negate the need for the Max's Casein and buy any of our creatines by the kg rather than the Crea8 Carnage.
bulknutrients.com.au

You won't get much love in here (or from anyone who knows about supps for that matter anywhere) on the Nanovapour.
The jacked (which is absolutely fine to take a double dose of btw) would be much better value for money, but again there are better value alternatives to that also.

Trust me I have already studied the site sponsor sites here for future purchases once the stuff I have runs out in the next few weeks.

Re my diet, well it's a work in progress now, was not really good up unti a few months ago as it included LOTS of Coke, Mothers, Red Bull, Beer, Bourbon and Coke, as well as assorted take away and lots of eating out.

Have changed that to no more soft drinks or alcohol, no more take away(and surprisingly not really missing any of it), and I am now starting to concentrate on what I should be eating.

Still learning about that as I want to change my body compostion by increasing muscle mass and reducing body fat, so in the process of adjusting my diet to reflect my goals.

Last edited:
Been reading the labels on the products (vitamins) I have been taking, as a result I will be ditching the B complex, as there is enough B group vitamins in the morning and night time multies.

Will keep the rest, but will also have a couple of Fish Oil capsules with my after work out shake (as I do not eat fish as I hate it, unless they are prawns).

Will also be ordering some BCAA's from bulk nutrients, as well as their pre workout formula, will just get a small pack of each to give them a test run.

Been reading the labels on the products (vitamins) I have been taking, as a result I will be ditching the B complex, as there is enough B group vitamins in the morning and night time multies.

Hey Mick, can you give us some more details on your multi i.e. how many tablets in bottle/packt, how much and where you got it from, I'm still looking for a multi - so much mixed information out on them.Thanks

I like these ones, as they seem to be a complete system:

I have one 'Men's Super Nuitients tablet every morning', I get them at my local price line Pharmacy for $10 for 60 tablets, the local Woolies sells them for over $20 for 60 Tablets so worth shopping around.

These are the ones:
http://www.naturesway.com.au/our-products/category/mens-health/product/super-nutrients-mens.html

I have one 'Men's Rest and Restore Night time Multi' before bed, it costs me $19.90 for 60 tablets.

These are the ones:
Rest & Restore Night Multivitamin for Men | Nature's Way

I also have two 1000mg fish oil tablets every morning, before work out and every night.

I also have the Glucosamine Tablets as I am older and am hoping it will protect my joints while training .

All up these vitamins/supplements add up to about $1 per day if you shop around, I also have a big tub of vitamin C chew tablets at home that I will have sometimes, I might have some for a few days and then won't, if I feel extra run down and worried about catching a cold I might have some.

Ditched the vitamin B as both multies have B vitamins, and my protein shake also contains B group vitamins, so it was probably a waste.

By the way Priceline Pharmacy (well my local one at Green Valley Plaza anyway) sell 400 1000mg capsules of fish oil for $9.90, and the Men's Super nutrient Multi for $10 even.

Last edited:

I have one 'Men's Super Nuitients tablet every morning', I get them at my local price line Pharmacy for $10 for 60 tablets, the local Woolies sells them for over $20 for 60 Tablets so worth shopping around.

These are the ones:
Super Nutrients Mens | Nature's Way

I have one 'Men's Rest and Restore Night time Multi' before bed, it costs me $19.90 for 60 tablets.

These are the ones:

I also have two 1000mg fish oil tablets every morning, before work out and every night.

I also have the Glucosamine Tablets as I am older and am hoping it will protect my joints while training .

All up these vitamins/supplements add up to about $1 per day if you shop around, I also have a big tub of vitamin C chew tablets at home that I will have sometimes, I might have some for a few days and then won't, if I feel extra run down and worried about catching a cold I might have some.

Ditched the vitamin B as both multies have B vitamins, and my protein shake also contains B group vitamins, so it was probably a waste.

By the way Priceline Pharmacy (well my local one at Green Valley Plaza anyway) sell 400 1000mg capsules of fish oil for $9.90, and the Men's Super nutrient Multi for $10 even.

Cheers mate, really appreciate the detailed response.

These are the ones:
Super Nutrients Mens | Nature's Way

These are the ones:

Mick, I'm turning 50 next month, and have recently been taking fish oil & glucosamine for same reasons as you. My question is, was the whey worth it? I often see 'fat burning' tins on the shelves of shops, and wonder if they might help as I slowly work to reduce my bodyfat with improved diet, some power walking and smart workouts (less duration, careful exercise selection).

I am happy with the vitamins I currently take, I have recently started weight training and am following the beginners guide here, you can check my work log for last week (link in signature) and have been receiving some great advise from Fadi here (most of it in my training log).

Not sure if they do anything but I am hoping it's helping and doing some good especially with the extra strain on my body now..

Since Starting serious weight training I have been taking Max's Night time protein before bed, and Whey protein during the day to bring up my protein intake to assist in muscle growth.

Since yesterday I have also added Bulk Nutrients Pre workout NT powder and BCAA's to my supplements. I have 10gram of the pre workout powder as directed and 5gram BCAA's before and 5gram BCAA's after workout. Will look into the BCAA's a bit more as I am not sure if I am supposed to take them on training days only or also on my rest days:confused:

The fat loss supplements, have never tried them, but believe they are mainly designed to speed up metabolism, which they would do, as they contain caffeine and the like, but it's very expensive caffeine if you ask me, you can buy caffeine tablets for a fraction of the price, about $5 or $6 a pack:rolleyes:

I am at this time also looking at losing body fat, but concentrating on improving my diet while exercising, hoping that will do it:p

I have cut out all soft drink (we have none in the house any more at all, even diet ones), cut out all take away and eating out, and all alcohol, and surprisingly I am not missing any of it and even after buying my supplements I am still miles ahead financially , probably close to $100 per week better off.