Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Show us your Home Gym

BigRed Kunce

Array
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i should make a video of my "Home Gym" and put it up.

Might try that tonight or tomorrow and use my new camera for it rather than my crappy phone camera.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by gerry.
    you are on ignore...i win

2. __________________

Ausbb Sponsors
    gymdirect providing quality gym and fitness equipment at the most competitive prices
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

"2014 - Kunce of the year"

Array
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spend today installing Ceiling fans and LED Flouro tubes for lighting in my gym, still waiting on more lights to turn up and a few flood lights to light up the back paddock.

Still have to run wiring, and put in about 4 or 5 power points.
    Bench 136kg (300lb) x 1 | Squat 170kg (375lb) x 1 | Deadlift 195kg (430lb) x 1 | Press 82kg (180lb) x 1

Array
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you will be able to sit in your gym with he door open, beer at your elbow, and pop kangaroos as they hop across your field of view. Ultimate man cave.

I don't remember, but did you ever paint/seal the shed floor?

Array
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Headley View Post
    I think i should make a video of my "Home Gym" and put it up.

Might try that tonight or tomorrow and use my new camera for it rather than my crappy phone camera.

I have popcorn waiting. Post da vid.

Array
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyAllen View Post
    Sounds like you will be able to sit in your gym with he door open, beer at your elbow, and pop kangaroos as they hop across your field of view. Ultimate man cave.

I don't remember, but did you ever paint/seal the shed floor?
    I have never sealed the floor, it's just concrete at the moment, was looking at it again today, I might get around to sealing it one of these days, for now I need to get power hooked up first.

All going well I should have power, lights, fans, music, etc by Monday.
    Bench 136kg (300lb) x 1 | Squat 170kg (375lb) x 1 | Deadlift 195kg (430lb) x 1 | Press 82kg (180lb) x 1

Captain Kunce

Array
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@WoodyAllen; nice jacks mate. Got specs? I can whip those up in my old mans garage on the we weekend...and would like to...

Might just take a few measurements at the gym tomorrow.

Whipped up this simple plate storage solution in about 90 minutes a few weeks ago. Have also finally got hold of some more 1m x 1m mats to replace the 500mm items. Got em' for free too.

Also mounted my old giant whiteboard to the wall behind the rack, and purchased a pair of Sonos wifi sound units. Still might replace the rack with something better, but i dont need to at all so its way down the list of priorities. Building a cool deck/outdoor area first.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    "There is no reason to live if you cannot do deadlift" - JPS
    Best Comp - Squat: 195kg Bench: 140kg Deadlift: 250kg
    Overhead Press: 71x3kg
    Gym Squat: 200kg
    Hidden Content

Array
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been thinking about the rubber mats as well, how much are they each normally, for 1x1 metre??

Captain Kunce

Array
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure tbh. I had heard 70 bux a pop at one point. Horse Stall mats are the same or similar compound. I have two of those and three "gym mats" which i thini may have come from a local equipment supplier. They were surplus at our new facility. To touch, and pick up etc they seem like the very same stuff...just have a few coloured bits through them being the only discernable difference.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    "There is no reason to live if you cannot do deadlift" - JPS
    Best Comp - Squat: 195kg Bench: 140kg Deadlift: 250kg
    Overhead Press: 71x3kg
    Gym Squat: 200kg
    Hidden Content

Array
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here you go.

The only tricky part is making sure the upright is canted back a touch, not dead vertical or forward otherwise it won't sit in the loading position. I just laid the two pieces out on the ground and fiddled with the angle then trimmed a wedge off the long arm to suit. I used 50mm tube but you could get away with smaller, especially if dealing with weights under 250kg. Mebbe 25mm x 50mm tube or such.

I didn't have grinder when I started this so had to drill holes in a half circle and get out the hacksaw to fit the tubes at each end. I ended up supergluing pieces of cut up chopping board in the channel to protect my bar. If it falls off, I'll look at another solution.

I pronounce the deadlift jacks ready for operation. Let the awesomeness commence.
    Attached Images
    225-160-310-687.5 ▪█─────█▪

Array
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Safety Squat Stands
    Feet: 75mm x 50mm x 500mm
    Uprights: 50mm x 50mm x 500mm
    Sleeves: 65mm x 65mm x 435mm (5mm walls)
    Brace (underneath plate between sleeves): 50mm x 50mm x 480mm This bit is optional, or you could put it lower down on the sleeves and use smaller tubing. As it is, if something heavy hits the top plate, such as a jettisoned 300kg, the plate will not bend.
    Top Plate: 500mm x 650mm x 6mm
    Top PLate Lip: 25mm x 3mm x 4.6m
    Rubber pads x2: 500mm x 600mm x 12mm
    End stops x4: 500 x 50mm x 12mm
    Bolts: 7mm x 75mm
    Nut and 2 washers x6 to fit bolts.

I performed a test yesterday and it looks like the height of the uprights is about spot on for squatting and rack pulls. If I want to use them for bench press as well (for general safety or for pin presses, without the bar sitting on the pins) then they should be a bit shorter, so next time I have a chop saw for the next project I will cut about 50mm off the uprights to bring the minimum height down a bit. That will bring the sleeves down to almost touching the feet.

I used two layers of rubber padding so that I have 24mm of rubber on top of the plate. One probably would do but the lip I put on the top plate was a touch higher than a single 12mm pad. The rubber pad was free otherwise I would have bought a 20mm pad.

The two strips of rubber bolted each end are there to stop the barbell rolling off when I shrug off the barbell holding dat dere 450kg.

They also make a comfy seat or table.

Just need to drill the holes in the sleeves and uprights to make it adjustable, but no rush for that.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by WoodyAllen; Yesterday at 05:33 AM.
    225-160-310-687.5 ▪█─────█▪

• Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast