• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Awesome setup Rambo, the no bullshit approach is always a winner.
Love the chalk stand, Mine is just the block sitting in a plastic tub.

Thx Grippy, yeh I wasn't gonna go all out and make a chalk stand but I had a few bits of timber lying around and thought what the heck. I wanted a no bull shit set-up cause I am serious about adding some decent mass, and also poundage to my lifts in 2012, so got the strongest shit I could afford.
As a bonus I now have a cool way of wearing the kids out, let them loose on the rings and tell them to use as much chalk as they want LOL, they were on them all arvo cause I showed them what the Olympians do on them using Youtube LOL. Now my daughters want to do gymnastics which is bloody awesome, finally something I would love to do with them.

Last edited:
Thx Grippy, yeh I wasn't gonna go all out and make a chalk stand but I had a few bits of timber lying around and thought what the heck. I wanted a no bull shit set-up cause I am serious about adding some decent mass, and also poundage to my lifts in 2012, so got the strongest shit I could afford.
As a bonus I now have a cool way of wearing the kids out, let them loose on the rings and tell them to use as much chalk as they want LOL, they were on them all arvo cause I showed them what the Olympians do on them using Youtube LOL. Now my daughters want to do gymnastics which is bloody awesome, finally something I would love to do with them.

Ah good stuff mate, good to hear they like it. My little fella (now 6) always does sets of dips and stuff or lifts the empty DB in between my sets, he loves it.
Lucky the girls like it mate, my eldest (teenage girl) acts like Ive asked her to donate a kidney at the thought of any exercise or effort.

Ill tell you what I will tell any little punk that wants to come around
Whatever you think your going to do to her, I will do to you!
129012551799456562.jpg

LOL, @ callan.

Anyway, I got my flooring today, my old man shouted me for Xmas so that was sweet!
Here it is:
Flooring.48.jpg

On a side note, I ordered one of those cheep thrust bearing bars from Gym Direct for the missus and the bloody courier company has lost it for fuck sake, but the courier guy reckons he will find it and drop it off by tomorrow :confused: , so I will see I guess. I rang Gym Direct and they said it happens from time to time, but the guy was a bit ambiguous as to what I was saying, I felt as though he wasn't taking it serious. If i didn't tell him who I was he wasn't even going to ask, so I wrote his name down and time I rang etc. Hope it just bloody comes tomorrow and I'm ranting for nothing.

^^^ Nice, no bullshit just essentials.

Sucks about your bar though. Had the same problem with some weigh plates l ordered. l called up the courier and he seemed to know it was already 'missing' so l assumed he just couldnt be bothered delivering it that day and l got it the next day. Hopefully you do get your bar tomorrow.

@Kungfoogoo: Thanks mate, I'm stoked with the set-up, hope to add some decent mass over 2012 with it.

@Hamburgs: Dunno, but they are solid as fuck, they reckon 20kg each, but they are heavier than my 20kg bars.

Well the bar came so I was happy about that (Thanks Hulk, sorry for whingeing), they are a pretty bar the MM one, so my wife is happy and the grip is smooth so she likes it. Well I am all set, but I'm making a dip station out of PVC pipe and want to make a GHR out of wood, got some easy looking designs from the net.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98uU-_0BL8w]Homemade Glute Ham Raise (Nordic raise, natural leg curl...) - YouTube[/ame]

And

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA9EhzdN1a4]Homemade Equipment Discussion - YouTube[/ame]

What you guys think?
Anyone made something similar?
I am worried about the knees on the GHR, the pvc dip stand looks the goods though.
I am struggling to use the Oly rings for dips, so I was thinking something like this dip station as an interim piece of equipment until I'm strong enough for the rings.

No, I am telling you that you got one of the last JME made stands :p

Notice how yours the triangle bit at the bottom is made of flat steel? The newer model is the same sized tubing the whole way through, and the plastic in the J-cups is counter sunk down with an allen key bolt, whereas yours will be glued on.

Also, I am tipping there is no Iron Edge sticker on yours?

Yep sounds about right than Hambs, they don't have an iron edge sticker and the plastic is glued on, but I'm satisfied with them, they are strong.
Dam, those new ones sound pretty flash though.

There isn't too much difference. The appearance is just a bit more 'polished'.

Both are solid stands and won't be at any risk of breaking.

Nothing too fancy, standard 3 way bench under squat stands
2011-11-24154216.jpg

Converted my old York Bench Press into a stand that holds my boxing gear, powerbands, kettlebells and weight plates
2011-11-24154236.jpg

Pull Up tower which also holds my rings
2011-11-24154201.jpg

What pad? On the bar? Um.....for squatting......? Im so confused......Its a chicks gym fellas!

Last edited:
LOL, my wife wants a squat pad, told her to HTFU LOL.

Deep, mate thats a great little set up right there, love that pull up tower, and good to see someone else with rings. Rings are bloody hard arn't they, I cant quite do a proper dip on mine yet as my arms want to go out ways so I'm gonna make a dip stand to use for a bit until i build my strength. But I love them for pull ups.