• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Here is my home gym

7b62860d-23f9-9641.jpg
7b62860d-2416-ad6b.jpg

I finally got around to adding band hooks to my deadlift platform.

Works well except the timber itself bends lol

Deadlift against bands

I also just had a crazy idea to make a monolift attachment for my power rack.

Gotta get me some pipe for my fat bar and angle grind those ugly j hooks first though

Last edited:
I finally saved up enough to buy myself a home set up. It's nothing flash, but it's enough to stop having to go to the gym from now on.

Gear so far;

1) Iron Edge squat stands
2) 250kg of rubber coated oly plates from Gym Direct
3) Texas power bar from UGE
4) Olympic rings from UGE (I'll use for pull ups and dips etc)
5) Custom bench I made so I can use squat stands for bench as well (it's a bit higher than a bought one)
6) Got my old standard weights from out under the house and cleaned them up/painted them.
There is 207kg of the old weights, 3 sets of adjustable hand weights (the ones with screw on collars), 2x ezy bars, 2x old barbells (haven't cleaned them yet).
So I got all the gear now and will have it set-up in the next few days, I haven't set it up as I'm putting a timing chain in my ute at the moment and am waiting for some parts to arrive to finish it off. All up I have 457kg of weights, so that rocks :)
As soon as it's set-up I will post some pics of where I'm gonna train from now on.

YEEEHAAAAAA NO MORE BLOODY TECHNO MUSIC FROM THE FUUUUURKEN GYM!
LOL

EDIT: Oh yeh and I'm getting the 10 square meters of rubber flooring from gym direct in about 3-4 weeks (gotta save some cash first)

Last edited:
I finally saved up enough to buy myself a home set up. It's nothing flash, but it's enough to stop having to go to the gym from now on.

Gear so far;

5) Custom bench I made so I can use squat stands for bench as well (it's a bit higher than a bought one)
6) Got my old standard weights from out under the house and cleaned them up/painted them.
There is 207kg of the old weights, 3 sets of adjustable hand weights (the ones with screw on collars), 2x ezy bars, 2x old barbells (haven't cleaned them yet).
So I got all the gear now and will have it set-up in the next few days, I haven't set it up as I'm putting a timing chain in my ute at the moment and am waiting for some parts to arrive to finish it off. All up I have 457kg of weights, so that rocks :)
As soon as it's set-up I will post some pics of where I'm gonna train from now on.

LOL

EDIT: Oh yeh and I'm getting the 10 square meters of rubber flooring from gym direct in about 3-4 weeks (gotta save some cash first)

thats a great home gym.

rubber coated oly plates = bumpers right? drop them from your head and their good.

My ideal set up, probably with a power rack instead of squat stands for me, and a dipping station.

any pics of it?

Gear so far;

LOL

Nice!!

There is a place on Edgar Street in Condell Park that has the mats in stock and a lot cheaper than Gym Direct, worth considering PM me if you need more details!

@Beez: lol, yeh I suppose your right mate, but I have plans of grandeur muahahaahaaa. :)

@LMD: Nah not bumpers, but I want to get a set of bumpers, these are just the standard rubber coated plates from Gym Direct with the oly size hole in them. I would love to have a full power rack, but I have to be able to shove the car in the shed if we get a hail storm, so the gear had to be movable (I have to much shit in my shed lol). I considered a dipping station (was gonna make one), but I tried a mates oly rings, they are bloody hard to use and cheap, so they won me over in the end. Pics will be posted by the weekend if all goes well putting my ute back together.

@BigMick: thanks for the heads up mate, will do.

OK, so here is where I plan to add some mass for 2012. Just imagine it with rubber flooring because I'm saving for that next.
My rings
Mygymrings.jpg

My home made beasty bench with my new Iron Edge squat stands and of course my new Texas power bar from UGE.
Mybeastybenchandsquatstands.jpg

My new weights and the rack I made to put them in.
MynewweightswithrackImade.jpg

And lastly, my old weights, I removed the rust etc and sprayed them. I don't like the silver (wanted them black) but had about 3 cans of silver paint that have been sitting in the shed for about 2yrs, have no idea where it come from so I just used it to use the crap LOL.
Myoldweightswithapaintjob.jpg

So that's the new pit of pain, got away with it for around the $1700 mark so I was pretty stoked with that. Would of loved to get a full rack but I have to use this side of the shed to shove the missus car in if it hails/storms etc, so made it so I could move stuff out of the way relatively easy. Will be making a chalk stand tomoz, so will post a pic of it as well.

Thx Big Mick, yep it's not fancy but I got the best quality stuff i could afford as I wanted something that will take decent weight etc.

Here's the chalk stand, this completes my set-up until i get the flooring.

Chalkbowlstand.jpg

how does it rate compared to the other bars your used (im guessing just cheap bars), as i have never used one.

Well the nurling is awesome, the bar is strong as fuck, and slightly heavier than what I'm use to. I've only gone to 160kg on my deadlifts with it, that's all I can lift so far. I like the deep nurl on the bar. My wife hates the nurl, says its to ruff but for me its good as I was struggling to dead 160 at the gym because of the grip. I can kinda own 160kg a bit better with this bar, if you get what I mean, now that I have a better grip.

EDIT: And it has that same nurl in the middle of the bar as well, so I have to get use to it on my back when squatting, but it's not to bad.

Last edited:
Well the nurling is awesome, the bar is strong as fuck, and slightly heavier than what I'm use to. I've only gone to 160kg on my deadlifts with it, that's all I can lift so far. I like the deep nurl on the bar. My wife hates the nurl, says its to ruff but for me its good as I was struggling to dead 160 at the gym because of the grip. I can kinda own 160kg a bit better with this bar, if you get what I mean, now that I have a better grip.

EDIT: And it has that same nurl in the middle of the bar as well, so I have to get use to it on my back when squatting, but it's not to bad.

thanks mate.

I hope in a few years i will own an awesome home gym, and i want that bar!