• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Amazing how different people are, had several goes at starting training over the years, went to several Gyms, hated the atmosphere with a passion, hate having grubs sweat all over equipment, hate having to wait for equipment hogged by a group of five people who clearly are not serious about training but are just having a chat while playing with said equipment never raising a sweat, hate the tossers, hate the wankers, hate the distractions, hate the fact that I have to leave my home to go there, hate having to drive my car to get there, hate paying the fees, hate the gay music they play......and that's just for starters, I constantly feel like I want to belt someone with a dumbbell while I am there,and no I do not have roid rage:p

Takes me 20-40 minutes to absolutely destroy myself at home, would take me that long to get there and get home on most days, then training time on top, don't have that much time to waste, by the time I drive there, train and drive back, I have finished training, had a shower, had dinner, without ever leaving home, all the while helping kids with homework, and saved a shitload in fuel, gym fees, wear and tear on the car, and most importantly time.

We even have a free gym to use at work, and I have never used it once, walked in a few times, looked around and walked back out to go and train at home.

But even better than all that I don't have to put up with the retards, bros and know it alls that for some reason seem to congregate in the local gyms.

Last edited:
I'm completely different, too many peeps and having to wait for equipment kills it for me, love to just do my own thing. But than again I am a bit anti social LOL :D

But if I could train somewhere like PTC or Gold coast barbell, it would prob be a bit diff, I just hate the regular commercial gyms.
yeah hardcore gyms are different, everyone helps everyone, if its not your go u help spot and load, then sit when it gets closer to you so you can rest. its a much better atmosphere with lots of people in a hardcore gym rather than a commercial where everyone keeps to themselves

yeah hardcore gyms are different, everyone helps everyone, if its not your go u help spot and load, then sit when it gets closer to you so you can rest. its a much better atmosphere with lots of people in a hardcore gym rather than a commercial where everyone keeps to themselves

I tend to agree there, having been to Sydney PTC, would be happy to train there, but too far from my place, would take me a good 40 minutes to an hour to get there during the week

I tend to agree there, having been to Sydney PTC, would be happy to train there, but too far from my place, would take me a good 40 minutes to an hour to get there during the week

Same problem here buddy... I wish there was a PTC closer to my home too...

IMO training at a PTC type place is more enjoyable due to their environment... I was very impressed the first time I attended...

In Sydney there is another strength place over in Caringbah thats suppose to be pretty good... Havent been there though cause Im very happy with PTC....:cool:

Same problem here buddy... I wish there was a PTC closer to my home too...

IMO training at a PTC type place is more enjoyable due to their environment... I was very impressed the first time I attended...

In Sydney there is another strength place over in Caringbah thats suppose to be pretty good... Havent been there though cause Im very happy with PTC....:cool:

I hated PTC when I did my first workout. I was the only girl, there were people sitting around on benches that I wanted to use, I had exercises on my program that I had no idea how to do....it was uncomfortable. I did tell Trent that it was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my training life!
Now its like, who gives a f*ck, get off the bench buddy!
Workshops were awesome :)

I can build your house too, licensed carpentor.

Does it matter that I'm blind now? LOL

Also 2700 is a standard height for ceilings so ask for a price for that, most building measures go up in 300's.

Garage ceilings are lower than internal house ceilings.

Raising it it gets to 2494mm which isnt enough (and costs about 1k), so I want to sink the floor as well which will take it to 2838mm but god knows how much that'll cost :(

Beats training at a gym though. I agree wholeheartedly with what BigMick said about training at gyms a few posts back #221. I can't stand it at all.

IMG_20120320_223915.jpg

My new toy

YEEEEAH MAD thanks guys, it great to use

I picked it up at kingsgrove in another lot, ill be posting up the leftover weights up soon, lots of 22.5 and 18kg plates up for grabs

Soz Mick no sit up bench, ill still keep my eye out

My home gym:
Texas power bar
Ironmind squat stands
Ironmind pillars of power
cheap bench, wide enough, but a bit low so I raise on 25kg plates
Ironedge premium bumbers: 10x25, 2 each of 20,15,10
Ironedge metal plates: 2 each of 5,2.5,2,1,0.5
Kbells: 2 x 24kg ( from the tasmanian company that made the first australian kbells ) 1 x 40kg from ironedge
Deadlift platform. 2.4m wide, 2m deep. all materials from bunnings except the rubber sides from clark rubber
Yellow site box from bunnings which stores all weights except the kbells

Key requirement was saving space, you can see the hooks on the lattice wall in background where the bar is stored between use, the rack, pillars and bench all stored against wall and take up minimal room.

the pillars are all that is needed for bench safety, not so flash for squats so if I'm going for a max I use allround gym where my powerrack is stored and safety straps.

Attachments

• home gym Mar2012.jpg
    home gym Mar2012.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 175
My home gym:
Texas power bar
Ironmind squat stands
Ironmind pillars of power
cheap bench, wide enough, but a bit low so I raise on 25kg plates
Ironedge premium bumbers: 10x25, 2 each of 20,15,10
Ironedge metal plates: 2 each of 5,2.5,2,1,0.5
Kbells: 2 x 24kg ( from the tasmanian company that made the first australian kbells ) 1 x 40kg from ironedge
Deadlift platform. 2.4m wide, 2m deep. all materials from bunnings except the rubber sides from clark rubber
Yellow site box from bunnings which stores all weights except the kbells

Key requirement was saving space, you can see the hooks on the lattice wall in background where the bar is stored between use, the rack, pillars and bench all stored against wall and take up minimal room.

the pillars are all that is needed for bench safety, not so flash for squats so if I'm going for a max I use allround gym where my powerrack is stored and safety straps.

Simple yet effective, I like it mr P....cool set-up

QOEOe.jpg

Got my stuff from gymdirect all set up, very solid. I'm broke now but at least I'll be huge and broke lol
Does anyone know what the following bits do? I think they came in the box with the bench but I'm really not sure:
SGuZn.jpg