• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
home gyms are awesome, except they lack atmosphere.... :(

Yes! Hit the nail on the head!
I have a full set up for my program but don't mind the odd trip to my usual commercial gym just for different scenery. Or the trek to PTC for a re-motivation.

after training at MTS when i lift at home im just like "why cant i be at the gym? :("
i dont like training alone lol

I'm in the process of building a house. One of the first things i asked once we got up to the stage of looking through house designs was 'how much extra does it cost to increase the height of the garage?'.

He estimated about $1000 to increase the height of the ceiling. When I got the paperwork through, I realised the raised height is 2400mm. My reach whilst flat footed is 2450mm which means I wont be able to press or clean & jerk. I'll have to ask him what it costs to raise further (i suspect it'll be cheaper to drop floor level instead).

I'm in the process of building a house. One of the first things i asked once we got up to the stage of looking through house designs was 'how much extra does it cost to increase the height of the garage?'.

He estimated about $1000 to increase the height of the ceiling. When I got the paperwork through, I realised the raised height is 2400mm. My reach whilst flat footed is 2450mm which means I wont be able to press or clean & jerk. I'll have to ask him what it costs to raise further (i suspect it'll be cheaper to drop floor level instead).
dont forget when you reach with weight in your hands you will not be standing straight.... for example when gingerbread was doing mono heights his head would touch the cross beam of the mono, when he unracked he would clear it easy.... check your reach with weight in your hands

dont forget when you reach with weight in your hands you will not be standing straight.... for example when gingerbread was doing mono heights his head would touch the cross beam of the mono, when he unracked he would clear it easy.... check your reach with weight in your hands

Don't really get what you mean here. When I lock out a press for example, my feet are flat, my knees & hips are extended, my shoulders & elbows are extended. Then say 225mm radius of the plates on top.

Last edited:

i can build your house for you

Damnit children :p

I'll put it another way: base of my wrist whilst standing flat footed without shoes is 2350mm. Radius of a plate is 225mm.

I'm going to have to ask for a 2600mm ceiling in the garage!?

No room for a shed, the house takes up majority of the block.

Don't really get what you mean here. When I look out a press for example, my feet are flat, my knees & hips are extended, my shoulders & elbows are extended. Then say 225mm radius of the plates on top.
well think, when you jerk/press a weight, the weight sits back on your shoulders, so your upper body tilts forwards to balance, so your not standing dead straight
DSC02778.JPG

well think, when you jerk/press a weight, the weight sits back on your shoulders, so your upper body tilts forwards to balance, so your not standing dead straight
DSC02778.JPG

mm fair enough. Even still, I'd put plates through the ceiling I think. May as well get it right while it's still on paper.

mm fair enough. Even still, I'd put plates through the ceiling I think. May as well get it right while it's still on paper.
yeah thats what im saying, use say 40-50kg and just get someone to quickly measure it, if its still too tall, u know u will need to do extra by dropping the floor or something

Hi Mick,

My name is Mark i was the guy you purchased the bench off at silverwater.
Just letting you know that i have listed some more stuff on ebay if you are interested.Cheers Mark

Haha small world, already saw the listing, already have the power rack, thinking about the press, not sure I need it though, will see how it goes, if I end up buying the press I might need some more weights as well!

You would not happen to have an adjustable incline sit up board in your secret stash some where??? Definitely chasing one of them:)

home gyms are awesome, except they lack atmosphere.... :(

X 100 - I would train at home if I could buy brand new equipment and have it over a large area sep to the house...and would only train there if there was a large group of ppl that wanted to train with me...

I cant think of anything worse that training at home by yaself....I need other ppl around me to get a good buzzz...

I cant think of anything worse that training at home by yaself....I need other ppl around me to get a good buzzz...

I'm completely different, too many peeps and having to wait for equipment kills it for me, love to just do my own thing. But than again I am a bit anti social LOL :D

But if I could train somewhere like PTC or Gold coast barbell, it would prob be a bit diff, I just hate the regular commercial gyms.

I'm completely different, too many peeps and having to wait for equipment kills it for me, love to just do my own thing. But than again I am a bit anti social LOL :D

But if I could train somewhere like PTC or Gold coast barbell, it would prob be a bit diff, I just hate the regular commercial gyms.

I love commercial gyms coz I get to walk around the "bros" and they be mirin lol :p