• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

boxing23

new bulking diet alot of carbs and bread but i have been losing weight on whati was eating before note everythings whole weat or brown rice etc. Its only for 4 weeks to see how i go. i think its around 3600 calories roughly.
5:30: 2 whole eggs 4 egg whites and 4 slices of toast
8:30: 2 nat pb sandwiches plus half serve mass gain shake
11:30: 200g brown rice and 300g chicken breast or roo steak
3:00: 2 nat pb sandwiches plus half serve mass gain shake
4:00: apple pre training
train
5:45: Post workout shake plus 2 nat pb sandwiches
7:45: 150g wholemeal pasta or rice plus 250g of either chicken breast or roo or tuna plus 150g vegies
9:00: Half a serve of mass gain shake plus 1 tbsp of nat pb

Like I said in the eating thread.

You have too much bread.
Eat more vegetables and fruit.

new bulking diet alot of carbs and bread but i have been losing weight on whati was eating before note everythings whole weat or brown rice etc. Its only for 4 weeks to see how i go. i think its around 3600 calories roughly.
train
7:45: 150g wholemeal pasta or rice plus 250g of either chicken breast or roo or tuna plus 150g vegies

If the above is working for you, then that's all that really matters. If you ask for my observation though, I would suggest this:

1. If you're going to throw anything from the egg, then it would be the egg white that would get the flick and never the incredible egg yolk. After all, the precursor to testosterone manufacturing is the mighty cholesterol. I haven’t even started on the brain food, choline, which is most abundant in the super egg yolk and devoid from the egg white. Having said that, I would not throw anything from this mighty anabolic food.

2. As far as carbohydrates are concerned; I'm all for it. Though I'm for it, I'm not for anything whole meal or whole grains, but would stick with the white stuff. Why? Because the wholegrain always seems to make me soft/a layer of fat would easily be added instead of maximum glycogen loading. Have a look at this: http://dogtorj.tripod.com/id45.html
Speaking of glycogen and muscle fullness, I would even go as far as say that not all carbs work in the same way. For example, here's how different carbs affect me differently:

A. Vermicelli pasta and small shell pasta well cooked (soft) is king when it comes to muscle glycogen loading. Softer pasta = more surface = more enzyme accessibility = better digestion = better assimilation = fuller muscles.

B. White Lebanese bread does not work as well as the Aussie white for muscle glycogen replenishment. It's all to do with water and the fact that each 1g of carb carries/holds on to about 3g of water. The Aussie white does it better. The downside (if you're not careful) is constipation. That's where fruit and/or legume fiber comes in. Nothing like some dry figs with some walnuts here.

C. Rice works but does not rock like pasta.
D. Potato works but renders you full quickly before getting in enough carbs.

Okay, enough on carbs, let's switch gears and go over to protein.

Chicken breast is not where I'd go. More like the Maryland with all its dark meat that is full of saturated fat (stable and testosterone boosting) as well as its high vitamin content. Plus, it's moist, where the breast is dry (near zero fat).

I'll leave it here for now.

PS: Some (most) would not see eye to eye with me when I recommend low percentage of protein in comparison to carbohydrates and a medium amount of fats. But one would need to ask, why so much protein? I know, it's sacrilege to even contemplate asking such a question on a bodybuilding orientated forum! I mean what is the muscle composed of after all? Is it not mostly water? No one is saying we don't need protein to synthesise new muscles, but without first insuring an adequate percentage of carbohydrates, most of that (excess) protein would simply be converted to glucose to serve as an energy fuel (something carbohydrate is much much more efficient in serving). Okay, this time I'm serious, I'm leaving it here.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys personally i would like less carbs all together but i promissed my trainer i would give it a go for a month. He didnt specify me eating wholegrain i just always thought it was better. So does wholegrain and more fat then white? And shrek personally i would like to cut some of the carbs and add vegies and fruit there instead but like i said i promissed my trainer just for a month.

Thanks for the replies guys personally i would like less carbs all together but i promissed my trainer i would give it a go for a month. He didnt specify me eating wholegrain i just always thought it was better. So does wholegrain and more fat then white? And shrek personally i would like to cut some of the carbs and add vegies and fruit there instead but like i said i promissed my trainer just for a month.

No disrespect to you, but your trainer has NO IDEA.

Did he workout your estimated metabolic rate and calculate your required calories?? Did he give you a breakdown of your macronutrients? All of which I'm assuming is a NO.

It contains many of the typically 'Brotocols' and the usual irrelevant garbage.

im fairly noob to this bulking and weights training.

To bulk, you need to eat atleast 350g of carbs + protein a day (minimum 3500cals a day)

just to give you guys a run down of where i am at as of last saturday i weigh 57kg and i am 187cm tall (very underweight) 18 months ago i was about 176cm tall and 96kg (all fat) I started losing weight when i started full time work bricklaying. At christmas time i weighed around 78kg and was stuck at that weight which was a healthy weight. But i wanted to lose weight for my new love of boxing. i wanted to be under 75kg but ended up weighing in at 66kg on the 12th of march for my first fight. I was exercising around 3 hours a day mainly cardio and was only eating around 1600 calories a day with pretty much no fat or carbs in my diet. i got addicted to this and addicted to seeing the weight going down. As a result of this i ended up in hospital and weighing 56.6 kg at my lightest. My trainer is qualified in personal training and nutrition and has been through pretty much the same thing as me. He has been training and mentoring me for around 10 weeks now and havent seen any results mainly because i have been cheating skipping meals and doing cardio. So he also has the hard task of getting my head to the right place of where it needs to be. So i think this diet is also just trying to help me realise i need to eat big to get big.
Cheers guys
Old Diet:
Breakfast - 60g oats and protein shake
Smoko - 200g brown rice + 200g chicken, turkey or tuna
Lunch - Same as smoko
Afternoon - 2 pb sandwiches and protein shake
Post Workout - Post workout shake
Dinner - Mums cooking but i usually ate 200g lean meat + Vegies
Dessert - protein shake and 1 tbsp of nat pb
I rarely ate all of this though and my trainer has always wanted me to add extras to my diet and include a cheat day or meal every now and again but have not done so yet.

My trainer is qualified in personal training and nutrition

Boxing, honestly your 'Trainer' maybe 'qualified' but that does not make him either educated or knowledgeable. With the diet plan he has provided it shows he is uneducated and has little practical knowledge.

I will be happy to help you out personally if you wish........

I will be happy to help you out personally if you wish.......
Hey mate a second opinion would be awesome and i always take any advice or opinions on board maybe we could set something up maybe we should exchange emails or something so we can go into more detail?

Cheers Sean

like i said any advice is muchly appreciated

Here was my last bulking diet:

Meal 1: 6 eggs scrambled with cheese maybe some bacon mixed in, 2 cup oats (with peanut butter/honey/scoop of protein powder), 1 banana, glass of milk or juice

Meal 2: 250g steak/mince, 1/2 sweet potato (with tom sauce)

Meal 3: 250g steak/mince, 1 1/2 cup rice, 2 cups broc or green beans (with whatever sauce)

Meal 4: 250g steak/mince, 1/2 sweet potato (sauce)

Meal 5: 500g steak, baked potato, 2 cups broc or green beans

Meal 6: "sludge" made with 1-2 cups oats, 2 scoops protein, milk/water, honey,cottege cheese - all mixed together mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Protein shake with WMS after training.

Sometimes a protein bar in there somewhere.

Here was my last bulking diet:

Meal 1: 6 eggs scrambled with cheese maybe some bacon mixed in, 2 cup oats (with peanut butter/honey/scoop of protein powder), 1 banana, glass of milk or juice

Meal 2: 250g steak/mince, 1/2 sweet potato (with tom sauce)

Meal 3: 250g steak/mince, 1 1/2 cup rice, 2 cups broc or green beans (with whatever sauce)

Meal 4: 250g steak/mince, 1/2 sweet potato (sauce)

Meal 5: 500g steak, baked potato, 2 cups broc or green beans

Meal 6: "sludge" made with 1-2 cups oats, 2 scoops protein, milk/water, honey,cottege cheese - all mixed together mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Protein shake with WMS after training.

Sometimes a protein bar in there somewhere.

Holy crap thats a lot of food did you eat that everyday or just on training days? I also believe you are alot bigger then I am to therefore you would need to eat alot more. Also how much muscle and fat did you put on and over what period of time.

Holy crap thats a lot of food did you eat that everyday or just on training days? I also believe you are alot bigger then I am to therefore you would need to eat alot more. Also how much muscle and fat did you put on and over what period of time.

Only diff would be the protein shake after training from on/off days.

Hard to tell man - ive done bulking over diff time lengths and at diff stages of training so it differs.

train
That's 16 slices of bread per day.. You running a bakery bloke?. ;)