• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Australian Powerlifting Championships + 2011 International Pacific Invitational

Dancelot

pacific-invitational-2011_web.jpg

Aussies to show their power to the world at Nationals

The last weekend of July is annually marked as Powerlifting Australia's showcase event as Australia's strongest men and women will gather in Melbourne this year for the 2011 Australian Powerlifting Championships.

Event details:

Australian Championships: July 30
International Pacific Invitational: July 31

This year's exciting format will see most lifting unfold on the Saturday while the Sunday will include the Bench Press Championships in the morning followed by the showcase event, one which cannot be missed ... the International Pacific Invitational. This event is the highest standard event seen in this country for a number of decades, with our top hand-picked lifters of the likes of Caltabiano, Pritchard, Jame, Baxter, Millington and Hozjan pitted against New Zealand top lifters Steve Louisch, Simon Weaver and Sonia Maneana along with two IPF greats from the USA, 2-time open World Champion, Brad Gillingham and Tony Harris.

The Sunday invitational is a must-see if you're into strength. The handpicked Aussie & NZ lifters are the only elite-ranked lifters in the region. I've seen a few of them at training and they're the ones you always miscount how much they're lifting (on any lift) because there are so many plates on the bar. Brad Gillingham will attempt a 400kg+ deadlift for a Masters record, and there might be a couple of ~400kg squats as well. Pritchard and Baxter, if they're both 100% on the day, will put up ~300kg benches.

Tickets can be bought online at: Powerlifting Australia

P.S: TGM from this forum and I will be spotting and loading on both days, so if you're there, come say hi to us poor bastards who will be loading 300~400kg lifts for the whole weekend!

Why would you? They wont let you compete so why pay and watch?

Because he wants to see some fantastic lifters compete?

Daniel, think about the sport, not feds. When you competed there last year, people bought tickets to come watch so you could actually have a competition. Don't forget that.

Last year I had a great time it was well run, Live tv in the warm up room and scoreboard.

But there are so many lifter missing this year.

Chris C
Nathon J
Ray W
Ray H
Theo
Florain
Daniel A
Steve C
David C?

All great lifters not the same this year.

Nah it's not that, Shrek. It's the old 67.5kg class being decimated due to the change down to 66kg, making it too hard for those skinny buggers to cut weight further down. :p They should've simply gone up to 74kg.

Sure Daniel, there are a few missing this year's National but in return you have equal number of even better lifters from NZ and overseas in the Sunday comp.

Well have fun spotting and loading.

I got a taste of it a few weeks back, although not the numbers you will be dealing with.

Yes they should have gone up to the 74s 66 is too light. Instead I think they should have put it up to 69 or something.Us humans are all getting bigger