Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 143

Thread: Steroids - FAQ, and a thread for the n00bs.

  1. #11
    Active Member

    Array
    Sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brissie
    Posts
    6,711
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    mm
    Last edited by Sticky; 11-02-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    Need to buy a Bench, Belt Squat Machine or Wrap Roller? All things powerlifting Hidden Content
    Want to get real strong? Hidden Content Hidden Content
    is where it's at!





  2. __________________

    Ausbb Sponsors
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    Flex Fitness Equipment fitness Equipment Specialists | warehouse direct
    Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

  • #12
    Regular Member

    Array
    thechosenone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Burnett
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was thinking hard about taking steroids cause i wasnt improving until i just worked out my daily calorie intake and found out i wasnt consuming enough carbs or protein to promote muscle growth and im very similiar to that kid u spoke of ( 90 kilos and only benched 82.5)
    My bench has barely improved much this year either, but i hope now that i have figured out how much carbs , protein and fat i have to consume each day i will get alot better results
    Trained hard, done good


  • #13
    DuffProteinMan

    Array
    walt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,955
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thechosenone View Post
    I was thinking hard about taking steroids cause i wasnt improving until i just worked out my daily calorie intake and found out i wasnt consuming enough carbs or protein to promote muscle growth and im very similiar to that kid u spoke of ( 90 kilos and only benched 82.5)
    My bench has barely improved much this year either, but i hope now that i have figured out how much carbs , protein and fat i have to consume each day i will get alot better results
    are you kidding, about to take steroids because you "weren't improving." Food is your steroid
    Player is the hero Ausbb deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector.


  • #14
    ...

    Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender:
    Posts
    6,895
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LMD1234 View Post
    are you kidding, about to take steroids because you "weren't improving." Food is your steroid
    I see your point LMD and it's true food is essential, for without it nothing much happens, but...

    ...but steroids do something that food alone can not do, and that is they make food more efficient. In other words, one can have the same calories or even miss out at times and still make gains due to the way steroids make one absorb food. In a nut shell, you get more for your buck even when you donít increase the amount of calories, that's a fact ... just ask the animal industry, it's big business you know!


    Fadi.
    1984 Age 18, BW 73kg: FS195kg, BS200kg, 162.5 3x10, PC 140kg, C&J 160kg. 1987 Age 22, BW 77kg BS 130kg x20, 120kg x50.


  • #15
    DuffProteinMan

    Array
    walt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,955
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fadi View Post
    I see your point LMD and it's true food is essential, for without it nothing much happens, but...

    ...but steroids do something that food alone can not do, and that is they make food more efficient. In other words, one can have the same calories or even miss out at times and still make gains due to the way steroids make one absorb food. In a nut shell, you get more for your buck even when you don’t increase the amount of calories, that's a fact ... just ask the animal industry, it's big business you know!


    Fadi.
    yes i understand, but thechosenone is a beginner and he was planning to use steroids. What are your thoughts?
    Player is the hero Ausbb deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector.


  • #16
    Active Member

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14,149
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LMD1234 View Post
    yes i understand, but thechosenone is a beginner and he was planning to use steroids. What are your thoughts?
    My thoughts are beginners and non competitive lifters doing roids is pretty bloody retarded.


  • #17
    DuffProteinMan

    Array
    walt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,955
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bazza20 View Post
    My thoughts are beginners and non competitive lifters doing roids is pretty bloody retarded.
    exactly. Nonchosen one said he was going to use steroids because he wasn't gaining... wtf!
    Player is the hero Ausbb deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not a hero. He's a single guardian, a watchful protector.


  • #18
    Regular Member

    Array
    thechosenone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Burnett
    Posts
    311
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I said ive been lifting all year and i was getting really really slow gains. I thought there was something wrong with me thats why i thought about steroids but now ive figured out the problem.
    Trained hard, done good


  • #19
    ...

    Array

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender:
    Posts
    6,895
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LMD1234 View Post
    yes i understand, but thechosenone is a beginner and he was planning to use steroids. What are your thoughts?
    My thoughts are your thoughts Sir and every other sane person's thoughts. Put in the time before taking some time out for steroids and even then, only if you're competing against likewise atheltes who are also partaking in steroids. There are plenty more implications to what I have said, but I think I've answered your question to the point. Thank you LMD.


    Fadi.
    1984 Age 18, BW 73kg: FS195kg, BS200kg, 162.5 3x10, PC 140kg, C&J 160kg. 1987 Age 22, BW 77kg BS 130kg x20, 120kg x50.


  • #20
    Active Member

    Array
    MaxBrenner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    1,819
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Always a man of much wisdom and common sense Fadi.


  • Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •