• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
My thoughts are beginners and non competitive lifters doing roids is pretty bloody retarded.

I understand you saying beginners is retarded but why do you have to be a competitive lifter to warrant taking steroids?

If they can be taken relatively safely why not?

Food and natural training is only going to take you so far before genetics slows you down quickly.

Food and natural training is only going to take you so far before genetics slows you down quickly.

I've highlighted what you may have grossly underestimated Pottsy. You see Sir, "so far" is very very far indeed, yet short of extreme as we witness in pro bodybuilding. Hardly anyone ever visits this "so far" territory to really taste its awesome fruits. We live in a time of "I want it yesterday”, (never mind now). So when it comes to building muscles, patience is a real virtue indeed. The question is: Have you got it?

Fadi.

I see your point but why not speed the process up and get the most out of the nutrients and clean diet that you feed your body?

I just feel if you got your diet dialled in and your training is spot on, yeah awesomeness is achievable, but why not help the body out even more? You dont have to be a pro or want a pro body to want your body firing at the best it can.

I see your point but why not speed the process up and get the most out of the nutrients and clean diet that you feed your body?

I just feel if you got your diet dialled in and your training is spot on, yeah awesomeness is achievable, but why not help the body out even more? You dont have to be a pro or want a pro body to want your body firing at the best it can.
I also see your point of view Pottsy which I fully respect. The answer re "speeding up the process" reminds me of (say) creatine loading over a 5 day period or taking the longer route of about a fortnight or so to arrive at the same place. Or how about sun bathing; one can speed that up with extra exposure time or take their time for minimum and controlled exposure to achieve a nice tan instead of the possible alternative (ouch!). At times, speeding things up can have its own repercussions Pottsy. We both know that our body likes to maintain a state of equilibrium (homeostasis), and speeding things along may have you paying some price that you weren't expecting to pay.

I'm not an endocrinologist by any means, but I'm just applying reason and logic to this whole speeding thing up aspects to anything really. A 747 begins its approach way before it lands, all so it can have one hell of a smooth landing...

PS: Though it sounds it, I’m in no way aiming to dissuade you from your position, which (as I have already stated) do fully respect and appreciate. We’re all different and our priorities in this life also differ. So you Sir will do as you see fit according to your own priorities in life, and I sincerely wish you all the very best in whatever you do and hope you have a healthy and safe landing…

Fadi.

Last edited:
yeah i was going to write in previous post that i also in no way am trying to push my point, i was simply voicing an opinion. Each to their own i always say.

I thought i was going to see this thread turn into a "what do you squat?" "what are your stats?" etc etc.

It's a risk Vs reward thing. Using steroids is hardly risk free. If all you want is some big guns to impress a few people I wouldn't think the risk is worth it. Better off just getting there the natural way. If you have a chance to be at the elite end of a sport people might want to weigh up then if it is worth the risk, still it may not be.

Anyway it's up to the person if they do or don't. They make the decision and live with the consequences.

Hey sticky the bloke that asked you if he needed steroids , was his training the only problem or was his diet the main concern?

Gear can be a shortcut or to push past genetic potential, end of story.

Also, people who say gear can limit genetic potential that is not true unless someone starts juicing at an age where their growth plates are still open.

A-bombs for a week prior to Big Day Out never fails.
Not that I go to Big Day Out. :)

Last edited:
Lots of people forget how much extra they need to eat to maintain their new size, and it unfortunately falls off.

I barely train at all now, but i still eat quite a bit, not the best diet. I am fairly certain that all my years of steroid use have permanently altered the way my body functions.

If you research far enough into long term steroid use, you will see that steroids do eventually grow the internal organs/bones etc throughout the body. Anyway i just threw this in here so you guys have something to think about, its not bullshit btw.

While I get what you are trying to say, how can you say they aren't a shortcut?

Is it not true that you will get to 95kgs lean quicker if you were juicing then doing it natural?

Of course you will get their quicker, drugs will always be drugs and no natural athlete likes to admit it but drugs work period full stop.

The only side affects to steroids is greatness .. lol jokes

Even long periods off the gear without proper pct i am still bigger than before i juiced. Steroids also increase bone size and skeletal structure size, your whole body frame becomes bigger.

is 12 weeks the minimum length of a cycle? i have just accquired 10ml of test e250 and 10ml of deca300 as well as nolvadex and arimidex. do i have to use an anti progestin aswell? i've planned to get some hcg but from the guys i've spoken to they said to use it in high dose 2 weeks before starting pct. just want some tips on what i should do as i've got an overseas holiday in jan so dont know if i should wait till i get back to start the cycle.