• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Cheap milk

0ni

Registered Rustler
Ok, so milk is fucking cheap in Britain (4 litres for £2)
I come here and milk is really expensive, is there any secret place that I don't know about where I can buy milk? At the moment I buy it from Coles for $3/3L. Considering I drink 6L a day when I bulk and 3L a day for maintaining my weight, this is going to get pretty expensive!

Anyone got any remedies? Goats milk, buffalo milk, kangaroo milk? (lol)
Open to any ideas really. I like milk because it's easy to get the liquid calories down

Cheers

Ah okay
I recently bought 32 bottles of local red wine from a winery for $150. I was wondering if it was possible to buy milk direct from the farms? Anyone had experience with this?

You call $1 milk expensive... we call it ridiculously cheap lol.. Before our major super markets had this price war milk was a hell of a lot more expensive..

Not sure on the buying direct from farms though.. Where you live? Someone done raw-milk orders before, but no idea about costs (probably more than supermarket) lol..

$1 a liter is the cheapest you will most likely find milk. Goat milk or other stuff is going to be heap more expensive.

Dairy farmers are currently getting paid roughly in the low 40 cents a liter. So the only option would be a dairy farmer willing to sell it to you for less than a dollar but the volumes you want will be so low that it's probably not worth their time. Also you have to consider the risks of drinking raw milk.

I think a dollar a liter is really cheap you said it is 2 pound for 4 liters, on current exchange rates that is $3 for 4lt. Just suck it up and pay the extra dollar per 4lt, it's really not much.

$1 is cheap - Do you eat much food apart from the 3-6L of milk aday?

Yeah, I don't really count calories I just get my protein in then eat until I'm full. Yesterday I had:

3L of milk
350g of Almonds
Pumpkin soup (home-made)
About half a loaf of bread with the soup
Sandwich made with 2 rolls, contained brie and cottage cheese
A beer

Yeah, I don't really count calories I just get my protein in then eat until I'm full. Yesterday I had:

3L of milk
350g of Almonds
Pumpkin soup (home-made)
About half a loaf of bread with the soup
Sandwich made with 2 rolls, contained brie and cottage cheese
A beer

Really need to sort that diet out or is that a sunday/weekend cant be bothered day?

Keep drinking 3L of milk if you want but I would def suggest adding alot more meat into your diet, change your carb sources to more oats, rice, pasta, veggies.

I do like that you have almonds in there...but the rest is terrible.

Yeah it was just a sunday. My diet normally looks like this. I have a meal like this 3x a day

30-40g of protein in the form of lean meat or fish
A few potatoes
Vegetables
Fats until I'm full

Milk is drank throughout the day, but I rarely eat between the hours of 10pm-1pm. I find it really, really hard to eat during the AM and find I can eat a hell of a lot more if I do IF