• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

stomach cramp after protein shakes???

morgan000

Hey guys,

I've been taking protein shakes for a while so I am not new to it. I have also been trying different ones and havent had a problem so far. I needed to buy a new tub the other day so the guy behind the counter recommended to me Testoroid. So i purchased it coz i dont mind trying new things, anyhow, after taking it the first day, about an hour later i started getting a stomach ache, then it would progressively get worse. It would turn into cramps and bloating and so on and would last about 3 or 4 hours. The exact same thing happened for the next 2 days. Then i had a break and nothing happened then i took it again on the fifth day and the same thing happened.

So i thought enough is enough, i couldnt do anything about a refund as it is opened so i bought a tub of Max's WPI as thats what i started on a year or so ago with no problems what so ever. I had the weekend off so i the maxs shake on the monday, the same thing happened again. Then i decided not to take anything for the next few days. However on the tuesday, i didnt take any protein shakes but I started taking a cheap branded fish oil tablet and it caused alot of bloating. So I put 2 and 2 together and thought maybe its the protein shake and the fish oil mixing. So I threw the fish oil tablets out and havent taken any supplements apart from a multi vitamin since.

However this brings me to today ( Saturday), I forgot to take my multi vitamin so I havent taken any supplements today, having had no shakes since the monday i thought i'll give it a go today. Guess what, same thing happened.

Can someone please try and help me understand. I am not new to protein shakes, I am not lactose intolerant because i have oats or wheetbix for breakfast and this only started when i bought testoroid and surely that it out of my system now and now I cant even drink Maxs which is what I used to drink religiously without a problem a year ago.

p.s. sorry for the long post.

Care to list the full ingredients?
I don't know what 'Testoroid' is but it sounds like some heavily marketed expensive supplement and you're probably better off just buying bulk whey, creatine, BCAAs and beta alanine and mixing it all together yourself

Must've been a good salesman the "Guy behind the Counter"

Testoroid...LOL

Then you bought "Max's" the most expensive overpriced Whey on the market.

You sure are a gluten for punishment.

Last edited:
Did you seek advise before buying?

But now you have cramps and you seek advice.

Go back to "The Guy Behind the Counter" and see what he has to say.

I'd be interested in his thoughts?

I think you can get your money back or store credit for things like this if you keep the receipt. At least it was like that in Britain

when i went to get the max's, i asked the guy, i mean i know him coz i've been buying it from that store for a while now, he has never had any complaints from testoroid. So i decided to go back to max's because i havent had a problem with it before until now.

But having this discussion jogs my memory of an incident. I went to the store one day looking for a night time protein (casein). I've previously taken casein by ON. On this particular day, the usual guy had his day off so there was a replacement and I ran out of casein so i asked him is there anything else because i didn't like casein by ON because it doesnt mix well in the shaker, its still very lumpy after a couple of minutes in the shaker and this replacement guys told me "yeah i know, alot of ppl say that." Anyway he couldnt give me the price i wanted so i returned the next day when the usual guy was back and i said the same thing to him about the casein by ON and he was very surprised. He said that he never heard a complaint about it.

I guess the moral of the story is alarm bells should have rung which is did slightly back then but i didnt think anything of it.

where do u buy bulk whey, creatine, bcaas and so on?? is there any food u can eat after a workout which is absorbed as quick as a shake???

i think i'll just cut my losses. if u guys recommend something that works, i'll give it a go. i'll make sure i get samples this time.

when i went to get the max's, i asked the guy, i mean i know him coz i've been buying it from that store for a while now, he has never had any complaints from testoroid. So i decided to go back to max's because i havent had a problem with it before until now.

But having this discussion jogs my memory of an incident. I went to the store one day looking for a night time protein (casein). I've previously taken casein by ON. On this particular day, the usual guy had his day off so there was a replacement and I ran out of casein so i asked him is there anything else because i didn't like casein by ON because it doesnt mix well in the shaker, its still very lumpy after a couple of minutes in the shaker and this replacement guys told me "yeah i know, alot of ppl say that." Anyway he couldnt give me the price i wanted so i returned the next day when the usual guy was back and i said the same thing to him about the casein by ON and he was very surprised. He said that he never heard a complaint about it.

I guess the moral of the story is alarm bells should have rung which is did slightly back then but i didnt think anything of it.

where do u buy bulk whey, creatine, bcaas and so on?? is there any food u can eat after a workout which is absorbed as quick as a shake???

i think i'll just cut my losses. if u guys recommend something that works, i'll give it a go. i'll make sure i get samples this time.

I wouldn't worry too much about absorption times. What I do is drink a whey protein shake of about 30g with 5g of creatine and 3.3g (just a flat 5ml scoop) of beta-alanine an hour before I train. This supplies the body with brotein immediately after you finish training. I will then take the following after training, with 30g of sugar in the mix also.

Welcome to Bulk Nutrients is a great, cheap site. A kilo of creatine and a kilo of BA will last you pretty much a year

Hey Morgan,
Some os the site sponsors have great prices on Whey and Casein.

Check 'em out.

Hey guys,

I've been taking protein shakes for a while so I am not new to it. I have also been trying different ones and havent had a problem so far. I needed to buy a new tub the other day so the guy behind the counter recommended to me Testoroid. So i purchased it coz i dont mind trying new things, anyhow, after taking it the first day, about an hour later i started getting a stomach ache, then it would progressively get worse. It would turn into cramps and bloating and so on and would last about 3 or 4 hours. The exact same thing happened for the next 2 days. Then i had a break and nothing happened then i took it again on the fifth day and the same thing happened.

So i thought enough is enough, i couldnt do anything about a refund as it is opened so i bought a tub of Max's WPI as thats what i started on a year or so ago with no problems what so ever. I had the weekend off so i the maxs shake on the monday, the same thing happened again. Then i decided not to take anything for the next few days. However on the tuesday, i didnt take any protein shakes but I started taking a cheap branded fish oil tablet and it caused alot of bloating. So I put 2 and 2 together and thought maybe its the protein shake and the fish oil mixing. So I threw the fish oil tablets out and havent taken any supplements apart from a multi vitamin since.

However this brings me to today ( Saturday), I forgot to take my multi vitamin so I havent taken any supplements today, having had no shakes since the monday i thought i'll give it a go today. Guess what, same thing happened.

Can someone please try and help me understand. I am not new to protein shakes, I am not lactose intolerant because i have oats or wheetbix for breakfast and this only started when i bought testoroid and surely that it out of my system now and now I cant even drink Maxs which is what I used to drink religiously without a problem a year ago.

p.s. sorry for the long post.

How do you go with milk? Any issues?
T-Roid has got some WPC in it (about 50% of the protein content is WPC if I'm not mistaken), so depending on your sensitivity with Lactose it may be the problem if you are normally purchasing WPI's. It also could be any number of the fillers, gums and stabizers they use that cause you digestion problems, especially if it is overloaded with them.

Fish oil's can cause bloating for some people and it is best to take them with food and you can also try keeping them in the fridge ;)

Most likely you have a little sensativity to Lactose my friend. WPC is anywhere from 5-8% lactose and having it with milk will only increase that and make it worse :(

Never had a prob with milk or anything but WPC just does not agree with me at all.

i know testoroid is mixed with wpi and wpc but maxs is just wpi and that doesnt agree with me. But i used to take that product religiously a couple of years ago.

i'm definitely not lactose intolerant because i have oats or wheet bix for breakfast

so i am truly lost as to why this is happening

You may need a pro-biotic, I used inner health plus after a suggestion from my doc. I was getting upset stomach all the time, and although at the time my diet was terrible, it was what I always ate. After 1 month of 1 a day, my stomach upsets were a thing of the past. Worth thinking about as it surprised me, I didn't think they would help but after about a week i was feeling better.