• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

girls-deadlifts/squats

mocha

how much do you squat/deadlift?
your weight/height?
how long has it taken you to get there?

I only gym once a week so i get why i havent really progressed much,
still struggling to do any more than 4 reps of 60kg deadlifts for 2 sets
I cant do more than 55kg squats for 4-(5max) reps .. i go really wonky when i come up.

Im like 157 cm tall.. not sure what that is.. 5 foot? lol or 5'1
and i weigh 50-52kg

Those numbers are ok. Just keep at it and try to increase a kilo or two every session

BTW - I'm no a girl. Lol

I have trained a few girls.

Tara - 63kg, deadliftes 125kg
Emma - 44kg, deadlifts 100kg
Tish - 56kg deadlifts 85kg
Ellise - 59kg deadlifts 90kg

All girls have been training between 1-6 months.

If you get a vid of your deadlift up, we may be able to give you some pointers :)

how much do you squat/deadlift?
your weight/height?
how long has it taken you to get there?

I only gym once a week so i get why i havent really progressed much,
still struggling to do any more than 4 reps of 60kg deadlifts for 2 sets
I cant do more than 55kg squats for 4-(5max) reps .. i go really wonky when i come up.

Im like 157 cm tall.. not sure what that is.. 5 foot? lol or 5'1
and i weigh 50-52kg
We all start somewhere; I started with a broom stick, so you're way ahead of me and aught to be very proud of yourself and your achievements so far. Very well done.

Fadi.

yep those are good lifts so far!. try not to compare yourself to what other people are lifting and focus on how far you have come over time!

i believe benchmarks are good in some ways if they are relative..

If u see a guy who is the same shape size and yet lifts more than u in a space of time..

Do u just say
A. Say he must have good genetics or
B. find out what his doing right OR
C. What you can do better?

thanks guys lol, not many girls around here..
:) yeah i too started with a broomstick to get used to the movement

Here's fion from ptc sydney she is 50kg 5 foot. Shes only been powerlifting training for a month..
And below is her comp..
I think she's a benchmark if u need something to compare as your the same weight..

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself

hey i cant see the link? leads to random vids like lady gaga

sticky wow 44kg doing 100kg! thats impressive!
there are no girls that do weights in my gym so i have nothing to compare to! till i see the figures on here..

thanks for the tips guys, ill try go up a kg every time :D

i believe benchmarks are good in some ways if they are relative..

If u see a guy who is the same shape size and yet lifts more than u in a space of time..

Do u just say
A. Say he must have good genetics or
B. find out what his doing right OR
C. What you can do better?

yeah true :)
found links on your site.. man cami is strong and shes pretty cute! no lez

my other reply didnt post for somee reason, but thanks guys for the tips..ill try increase by a few kg each week :)

im training a female friend at moment done 3 sessions with her so far

height about 160cm 54kg, Deadlifted 77.5kg pretty easily for 1. and she has squatted 55kg for 1 so far.. . he goals are 100kg deadlift and to squat 70kg

im training a female friend at moment done 3 sessions with her so far

height about 160cm 54kg, Deadlifted 77.5kg pretty easily for 1. and she has squatted 55kg for 1 so far.. . he goals are 100kg deadlift and to squat 70kg
nice!
ive never tried deadlifting a heavier amount for one...
how long do & ceffo wait before you add any more weight onto them? Like till they can do how many reps successfully? Just one or a few?

with the girl i train i just did a test one week,,, you know when someone really struggles or not, first time only went to 45kg just to not push anything, more teaching the lift, ill know if its to heavy for her, form will drop a lot and the struggle will set in,
she can do 60kg for 3 x 5 so im pretty certain she could do 85kg or so if we push it. but otherwise go slowly, spend a week or two conditioning yourself, learn the lift correctly then yo ucan just try and see what u can do,
get someone to teach you to lift correctly. thats pretty crucial

haha conditioning? I actually dont know anything i just get my boyfriend to teach me.. hes no coach but he does oly weightlifting so hes got a pretty good idea.. thanks .. i will read up on it

when i say conditioning that means just getting your body used to lifting weights. the body needs a chance to adapt, more for the benefit of ligaments, tendons and the smaller supporting muscles.

I am trying to encourage my gf to squat and dead lift also. She has some crazy idea that she will be buff. Although she has helped me remove weights off the bar. It's a start hey.

What mOtivates you 3.14.89?