• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

girls-deadlifts/squats

I know exactly what you mean.

I hide in the girls section at my gym so I save myself the embarrassment. Ive only been out in the main section once with my bf doing weights, and it was so embarrassing. Everyone was staring while he was showing me how to do deadlifts for the first time, I did like 1 sets and then a whole pile of guys came and sat on a machine right behind me (cause 4 guys need to use 1 machine right). I felt so self-conscious that i did my 2nd set and then went off back to the girls section as i felt so uncomfortable.

On a good note, im now deadlifting 4lifts of 90kg. horray!

good work! how long did it take you?
my old gym was very pathetic..it had a "Female section" but it barely had any weights for you to practice proper deadlifts/squats.. didnt have a platform, didnt have free weights that matched or were big enough, they only had a few fixed barbells. This gym had alot of roidy kinda guys downstairs so there was no way i was going to walk in there cos these guys were sleazy and would look as you like i was seeking attention..
in fact the only time i walked in there was when i saw a guy drop $20 so i followed him there to give it back to him and everyone was staring at me ahaha
so i changed to my uni gym.. and although there is only one main weights section at least the guys are normal looking

ps yeah i know how guys come up to the machine behind you.. its awkward when they just stop and blatantly stare at my boyfriend lol i tell him they want his c*ck and then he gets all awkward when they come near him ahah

Last edited:
oh ok cool.. i didnt really think that losing weight would affect your strength, that sucks! oh well.. only temporarily anyway

Well when you take in under 20g of carbs a day i do feel you cant go as heavy, still trying to though.
And i love getting shredded too :)

i should start a log instead of posting on here constantly but yay i got a 70 kg deadlift tonight :) and 60kg squats for 3 for 2 sets, varry proud of myself

Girls normally focus to enhance their chest size, this is the reason that they have low need of the workout. On the other hand boys want to enhance the size of the whole body that is necessary for the bodybuilder.
Los Angeles Fitness Trainer

Last edited: