• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

girls-deadlifts/squats

Tell her to give it a go for a month and see what the results are (make sure you take base measures - even just a couple of pictures would do). That way it should be long enough that she'll see some small return for her efforts and it's short enough that you can bs and tell her if she puts on any muscle it will just go away if she stops using it.

I am trying to encourage my gf to squat and dead lift also. She has some crazy idea that she will be buff. Although she has helped me remove weights off the bar. It's a start hey.

What mOtivates you 3.14.89?

I was cardio queen until I read a article about the advantages and benefits of weight lifting appose to just sitting on a treadmill/push bike. Problem is most girls think they will get bulky if they do heavy weights. Its a common misconception.

hey guys i made a little pb :) i did 55kg squats 5 reps for 2 sets so decided to try 60kg, i just did one rep.. i think i could have done another but i didnt wanna push it cos i was wonky coming up.
Then i did 60kg dead lifts 5 reps for 2 sets yay!!

I am trying to encourage my gf to squat and dead lift also. She has some crazy idea that she will be buff. Although she has helped me remove weights off the bar. It's a start hey.

What mOtivates you 3.14.89?
well my boyfriend for starters cos at my uni gym its mostly all guys down there so i get anxious & really conscious about usually being the only girl down there.. so i feel more comfortable training with him.. also.. i want more toned bum and legs ..
its funny cos even though i only gym once a week ( i know.. not enough) my bodys looks in better shape than when i did cardio a few times a week which felt like nothing happened. I like feeling the burn in my legs and abs a few days after and knowing its done something.. the only thing i dont like is that i think it makes my shoulders/back abit more broad so i might have to get a larger top size so it doesnt feel tight.. but its only a small difference

LOL you train once a week and pull those numbers !
haha id love to start out like that.
I started at 70kg squatting about 40kg
thankgod now i pull alot more

LOL you train once a week and pull those numbers !
haha id love to start out like that.
I started at 70kg squatting about 40kg
thankgod now i pull alot more
how much do u do now?
lol i would go more times a week but i get really anxious and stuff without my boyfriend in the weights section because i feel completely outnumbered by guys and feel embaarassed

i can understand how you get anxious/nervous but just ignore all of them. You probably squat more than half of them ha.

My first time i was so nervous looking around all the time, then i just decided, im here to work out, i don't give a damn if im deadlifting 1kg and people are looking at me funny.

The second you do train legs you get funny looks in a gym lol.

I got some lifting straps and was just deadlifting 100kg to try them out and every person that walked past (and I saw in the mirror) was staring at me.

I got some lifting straps and was just deadlifting 100kg to try them out and every person that walked past (and I saw in the mirror) was staring at me.

id say lol.

You train at fitness first now?

Nah it's called "Fit Chirnside" or some shit:
FIT Gyms Australia
Least they have mostly ABC products

I would train at my old gym Spartans as there are actually some monstrous dudes there (mostly bench warriors but a few competing BBers that don't look like Johnny Bravo) except I don't have a car and it's too far away lol

Nah it's called "Fit Chirnside" or some shit:
FIT Gyms Australia
Least they have mostly ABC products

I would train at my old gym Spartans as there are actually some monstrous dudes there (mostly bench warriors but a few competing BBers that don't look like Johnny Bravo) except I don't have a car and it's too far away lol

wait, your commercial gym has abc products? Mine does have a lot of stuff (power rack, chalk allowed, deadlifts allowed, dip bar, chin bar and all sorts of dumbells and benches) but man i would kill for some abc products, especially some bumpers.

I've learned to pretty much be oblivious to the fact that other humans are in the gym while I'm lifting, because worrying about what others may or may not be thinking just psyches me out.

But I do remember one time last year I walked into a gym, did a session of squats, presses and power cleans, and had the delightful feeling of knowing people were staring at me. I was pretty chuffed.

haha thanks guys.. i know more guys are probably checking out how much my bf lifts than staring at me, but its just me getting worked up, my heart actually races, like i have a phobia lol. I feel like guys think what is SHE doing here? and i wouldnt have the guts to ask guys how many sets they have left/they wouldnt take me seriously.
Anyways, its not as bad now as before but i cant imagine going down there by myself.. im really pathetic at loading the weights and taking them off the bar so i let my bf do it :p

how much do u do now?
lol i would go more times a week but i get really anxious and stuff without my boyfriend in the weights section because i feel completely outnumbered by guys and feel embaarassed

on my cut atm squatting 105 for 4 sets- 8-12 rep.
on my bulk i was doing 135kg for 5-6reps 3sets

on my cut atm squatting 105 for 4 sets- 8-12 rep.
on my bulk i was doing 135kg for 5-6reps 3sets

oh ok cool.. i didnt really think that losing weight would affect your strength, that sucks! oh well.. only temporarily anyway

haha thanks guys.. i know more guys are probably checking out how much my bf lifts than staring at me, but its just me getting worked up, my heart actually races, like i have a phobia lol. I feel like guys think what is SHE doing here? and i wouldnt have the guts to ask guys how many sets they have left/they wouldnt take me seriously.
Anyways, its not as bad now as before but i cant imagine going down there by myself.. im really pathetic at loading the weights and taking them off the bar so i let my bf do it :p

I know exactly what you mean.

I hide in the girls section at my gym so I save myself the embarrassment. Ive only been out in the main section once with my bf doing weights, and it was so embarrassing. Everyone was staring while he was showing me how to do deadlifts for the first time, I did like 1 sets and then a whole pile of guys came and sat on a machine right behind me (cause 4 guys need to use 1 machine right). I felt so self-conscious that i did my 2nd set and then went off back to the girls section as i felt so uncomfortable.

On a good note, im now deadlifting 4lifts of 90kg. horray!