• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A few gym questions

GHRs - hook heels under something, put pillow under knees and you're good to go.

Yeah, I do this under my bed :p

New gym is sort of OK, not really got a lot of equipment but I will be spending 90% of my time in the power rack anyway

There's definite calf involvement. I've heard the only difference is natural GHRs are much harder.

Natural GHRs have all the pressure on the knees it just doesnt feel right and like was said calves are involved more on a GHR machine.

Also you can make them as hard as you like.

I love how ppl wont pay the money to join a gym - even $1000 over a year is nothing when your using something 3,4,5,6 times a week.

Mate I would not train in a commercial Gym if it was for free, stuff paying the $$$ then the time, fuel, wear and tear on car spend driving there, the risk of getting your car damaged or stolen only to be waiting to use equipment all the while surrounded by dick heads.......no thank you, my home gym will do just fine:)

Mate I would not train in a commercial Gym if it was for free, stuff paying the $$$ then the time, fuel, wear and tear on car spend driving there, the risk of getting your car damaged or stolen only to be waiting to use equipment all the while surrounded by dick heads.......no thank you, my home gym will do just fine:)

I have no idea what you're worried about happening, I've been to a fair few gyms in my time and never seen any of the above lol

Nah mate, I train in my spare room set up as a gym, it's great, walk out there train, then straight into the kitchen for my after work out shake and straight into the shower without leaving the comfort of my home.....love it!!

Have however in my past trained in Gyms in Fairfield, Fairfield Heights, Wetherill Park, Prairievale, Green Valley and probably a few others I would rather forget, so yes the Bronx probably covers it;)

Last edited: