• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Im not going by one person Im going by prob millions of ppl over the last 50-60 yrs that have been eating 6+ meals a day and drinking more water than the avg person.

You have to remember that this is a bodybuilding forum and what the avg person does has nothing to do with us...we are not trying to be avg....if you want to be avg then by all means drink only when your thirsty and eat only a small number of meals a day.

If your going on millions of people were is the measured evidence of this working better?

By how they look lol.......is it even a question....

So no measurements or nothing. No bodybuilders doing 3 meals a day compared to 6?? Just gut feel. Wow what great evidence.

Ok some statistics/science 101 for you

Correlation does not equal causation.

Just because most bodybuilders eat 6 meals a day does not mean it is better.

Just like 100 percent of cancer patients drink water at some time in there life before they got cancer does not mean that water causes cancer.

Or that most people eat food within 24 hours of crashing there car mean that eating food causes more car crashes.

I'll just go with what ppl have done for years and years and continue to do and will continue to do for years and years to come to become above avg....results speaking for themselfs. As I said Id rather do what has been shown to work than what a medical journal has written in it.

And you can do whatever you think is right in your medical journals.

It just totally blows my mind that your asking for evidence - just go to a few bodybuilding shows? Watch the mr.olympia? Watch worlds strongest man? look at most athletes diets??? - im confused how you need evidence when its right infront of you even in this forum....looking at the comp section in the bodybuilding forum...look at how they look.

Sorry mate just abit lost of what more evidence you need.

Last edited:
I'll just go with what ppl have done for years and years and continue to do and will continue to do for years and years to come to become above avg....results speaking for themselfs. As I said Id rather do what has been shown to work than what a medical journal has written in it.

And you can do whatever you think is right in your medical journals.

You missed it again 10 meals and heaps of water works. Just no better.

I'll say it again I'm so so glad our doctors and scientists use better logic than this.

I agree to some degree with what your saying bazza, but there might be some validity in the anabolic state argument... I really can't be bothered looking into it myself... that said I do subscribe to the eating six times per day camp, but mostly for pragmatic reasons. I can't eat as much food in three meals.

You missed it again 10 meals and heaps of water works. Just no better.

I'll say it again I'm so so glad our doctors and scientists use better logic than this.

I have no idea if its better or not - but i'll go with whats proven to get the best results.

A medical journal may say its no diff, real life experience says there is. Again you cant say yay or nay on either...but for me real life experience means more.

I have no idea if its better or not - but i'll go with whats proven to get the best results.

A medical journal may say its no diff, real life experience says there is. Again you cant say yay or nay on either...but for me real life experience means more.

Im not saying yay or nay at all. The british medial journal is saying so far no decent studies show that it makes a difference. This is not yay or nay it's just so far the best reasearch with real life people, and actuall figures and measurements, not just guesses about what the bros are doing, show it doesn't matter. If this is not real life I don't know what is.

I don't care really. You stick to your 6.75 lt of water and 9.839 meals a day and I'll concentrate on things that actually matter.

Im not saying yay or nay at all. The british medial journal is saying so far no decent studies show that it makes a difference. This is not yay or nay it's just so far the best reasearch with real life people, and actuall figures and measurements, not just guesses about what the bros are doing, show it doesn't matter. If this is not real life I don't know what is.

I don't care really. You stick to your 6.75 lt of water and 9.839 meals a day and I'll concentrate on things that actually matter.

How doesnt that matter?? - so diet and water intake dont matter to a bodybuilder lol

Brb drinking 400L of milk a day

Last edited:
How doesnt that matter?? - so diet and water intake dont matter to a bodybuilder lol

Brb drinking 400L of milk a day

Show me were I said diet and water don't matter?? Your trying to start a argument I'm not saying.

I'm saying excess water and very high meal frequency don't matter.

400Lt. Are you cutting??

I just drink when I'm thristy, I go through 1.5 Litres of water every training session.

I don't aim for a specific goal for daily water intake, just when I feel like it.

Show me were I said diet and water don't matter?? Your trying to start a argument I'm not saying.

I'm saying excess water and very high meal frequency don't matter.

400Lt. Are you cutting??

You said "I'll concentrate on things that actually matter" that being???

Hopefully this would put this medical myth to bed once and for all.

It’s a medical myth that one needs to drink 8 glasses of water per day. Okay then, let us go back to the person who told you that you aught to drink 8 glasses of water in a day. You won’t find it in any scientific literature.

The origin may be found here: in 1945, the food and nutritional board of the natural research council recommended and I quote: “A suitable allowance for water for adults is 2.5 Liters daily in most instances. Most of this quantity is contained in prepared foods.”

So now here’s where people went wrong. They focused on the first part of the message and forgot to quote the second sentence in that message. Hence, the message was now understood/misunderstood to imply one drink an additional 2.5 liters (8 glasses) of water a day and ignored the part that spoke of these water is mostly contained in the food/drinks we consume in our normal day.

Now that does not mean one does not need any additional water during the day if for example a need is warranted. This need could arise due to exercising intensely and perspiring profusely due to whatever circumstance.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDZuGYBXdH0&playnext=1&list=PLB6372F5C934A3928[/ame]

Fadi.

Last edited:
Hopefully this would put this medical myth to bed once and for all.

It’s a medical myth that one needs to drink 8 glasses of water per day. Okay then, let us go back to the person who told you that you aught to drink 8 glasses of water in a day. You won’t find it in any scientific literature.

The origin may be found here: in 1945, the food and nutritional board of the natural research council recommended and I quote: “A suitable allowance for water for adults is 2.5 Liters daily in most instances. Most of this quantity is contained in prepared foods.”

So now here’s where people went wrong. They focused on the first part of the message and forgot to quote the second sentence in that message. Hence, the message was now understood/misunderstood to imply one drink an additional 2.5 liters (8 glasses) of water a day and ignored the part that spoke of these water is mostly contained in the food/drinks we consume in our normal day.

Now that does not mean one does not need any additional water during the day if for example a need is warranted. This need could arise due to exercising intensely and perspiring profusely due to whatever circumstance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDZuGYBXdH0&playnext=1&list=PLB6372F5C934A3928

Fadi.

Good post fadi.

Sadly it probably won't do anything to change people's minds. As you can see you have believers who believe what they believe and nothing, facts, scientific evidence or anything will convince them that there gut feeling is wrong.

These sorts of myths are very strong in bodybuilding, health and fitness circles, as you would know.

Iam purely talking from a bodybuilding, powerlifting, athlete point of view. I know for a fact that most sports teams will do dehydration tests (piss test) before every training session if an athlete isnt hydrated they can not train.

For a normal person I agree that they could prob get away with only drinking when thirsty - but would never advise it because some ppl wont drink water for a day or 2 - and thats where you can run into medical probs such as bladder infections etc.

But again saying that we are not looking to be normal people and can not put ourselves in the same boat as normal ppl - as bodybuilders/athletes we should be doing the most so our bodies perform at a top level all the time.

Lol is this based of your expert medical opinion who doesn't listen to medial journals or medical science.

Athletes are humans too. They are not another species. You do exercise you sweat you get thirsty you have a drink. Your body is very good at regulating water. Look at the clip fadi put up. It doesn't have to be a glass of water people get a large percentage of there water intake through food not to mention milk, coffee and soft drinks and other liquids.

It would be interesting to see a study done on people who force feed themselves extra water. It may actually reduce athletic performance due to diluting the levels of salt in the body? I dont know, maybe maybe not, it would depend on how much water they are forcing down. We know it is dangerous to drink very large volumes of water and many people have died from doing this.

I drink water until my urine is almost clear..... I thought this was what you were ment to do?

On non training days I drink around 2L, on training days probably around 5ish.

I have long sessions.

Lol is this based of your expert medical opinion who doesn't listen to medial journals or medical science.

Athletes are humans too. They are not another species. You do exercise you sweat you get thirsty you have a drink. Your body is very good at regulating water. Look at the clip fadi put up. It doesn't have to be a glass of water people get a large percentage of there water intake through food not to mention milk, coffee and soft drinks and other liquids.

It would be interesting to see a study done on people who force feed themselves extra water. It may actually reduce athletic performance due to diluting the levels of salt in the body? I dont know, maybe maybe not, it would depend on how much water they are forcing down. We know it is dangerous to drink very large volumes of water and many people have died from doing this.

I spent time with the Brumbies/junior brumbies at the AIS and we were told that if we were not hydrated we would not train simple as that.

Again for a normal everyday person yes you could prob get a large % of your water intake from food and other fluids.

But AGAIN iam not talking about normal ppl - for an athlete I would say that an avg water intake would be anywhere from 3 - 6L per day - this isnt forcing ur intake either.

When I was training during summertime at the AIS sometimes I would drink upto 8L of water per day.

Nowdays I drink anywhere from 3-6L of water per day and that keeps my body hydrated.

Its a personal thing I think and upto the person to drink as much water as they feel they need - but def for a normal person not to drink enough water as I said can lead to medical problems.