• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Music That Gets You Pumped In The Gym!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0hCKLNJ7DQ"]‪STEREO MC's - FEVER‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I get pumped by your grandma. I don't listen to music when working out....I'm just putting random selections in here.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-lrE2JcO44"]‪Maori Haka‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

lol not even maori.

i listen to my gyms stupid music when i workout, so bad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-58-36lSqG4]‪Bulls On Parade - Rage Against The Machine‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

wtf i thought they were australian and thought dkd was joking by his swedish comment.

Dancing Queen...listen to me carefully bud.

Quit school NOW, and spend your days glued to Ausbb....you'll learn more about life on here. I'd recommend reading up on some of Kindred's work....he's an outstanding philosopher.

Dancing Queen...listen to me carefully bud.

Quit school NOW, and spend your days glued to Ausbb....you'll learn more about life on here. I'd recommend reading up on some of Kindred's work....he's an outstanding philosopher.

lol dont worry only 10 weeks of school then full time ausbb with kindred. Thinking of moving into his house with him actually

Here's a music lesson for you.
ABBA first appeared in the Eurovision song contest in 1974 with the song Waterloo.
Surprise, Surprise the song won.
..And as they say in the classics, "The Rest is History"

Enjoy Waterloo.

[YOUTUBE]3FsVeMz1F5c[/YOUTUBE]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AADveMCgqhM]‪Tritonal feat. Meredith Call - Broken Down (Club Mix)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Only coz I wanna be like Zyzz

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENnAa7rqtBM"]‪TISM - Everyone Else Has Had More Sex Than Me [HD]‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I believe it’s all about how you’ve been acclimatised. I began my lifting career back in 1980 at a police boys club; no music. From there went on to the AIS, again, no music. In 1984, joined a bodybuilding gym where it was a radio station playing.

What do I prefer and like most? I like the sound of the lifting “atmosphere”, where only weights coming together are heard. Having said that, I can deal with whatever is served as I’m able to fully block it out.

However if this was about what turns you off the most kind of a thread? Then I would have to say girls who come into gyms with full make up and the latest sporting outfits, looking more like they want to be picked up then there to pick the weights up! I'm too much of an old school here hence; I would shut down places like Fitness First in an instant, as that's all I saw, having spent three long, very long months there once!

Fadi.

Last edited:
^ I love the sound of metal clanging together, weights bumping together during squats and bench, the sound of weights hitting the ground after deadlifts, even the dropping of dumbbells lol.

But before you go the gym, music is good. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ZyeWjJF7A]‪Professor Green - Monster feat. Example (Camo & Krooked Remix)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

^ I love the sound of metal clanging together, weights bumping together during squats and bench, the sound of weights hitting the ground after deadlifts, even the dropping of dumbbells lol.

But before you go the gym, music is good.
Yes LMD I agree, at times for me, bit of music I like or ones that bring certain powerful memories are all great. But I have to admit to you here that nothing but nothing could ever replace or beat some really vivid, and I do mean vivid bouts of visualisation. This morning at 2:30am (after work) I was so pumped from just having gone through the workout in my mind, that I got home and blasted 10 sets each on triceps and biceps. Today I feel great because of it. For me, vivid visualisation reigns supreme.

Fadi.

No music in the gym kills me, i dont like to do it...

It has to be loud and hard...

Especially for pbs or ME days

No music in the gym kills me, i dont like to do it...

It has to be loud and hard...

Especially for pbs or ME days

How do you do it in competition then? Or do powerlifting comps have background music playing? I know at the Arnold's classic, they always invite world class Olympic weightlifters for exhibition and the atmosphere is always loud, (people talking) and some music playing etc. But these lifters are usually toying with the weights in comparison to what they really lift in comps, juts so as to impress the American crowd.

Fadi.

However if this was about what turns you off the most kind of a thread? Then I would have to say girls who come into gyms with full make up and the latest sporting outfits, looking more like they want to be picked up then there to pick the weights up! I'm too much of an old school here hence; I would shut down places like Fitness First in an instant, as that's all I saw, having spent three long, very long months there once!

Fadi.

wtf??

I hope your dislike of people wanting to look good goes for men too.
I don't like fitness firsts either, but I can't understand you not wanting women around and being so critical of their appearance. If they want to dress with the trends and wear make up, that is their choice and totally fine by me.

wtf??

I hope your dislike of people wanting to look good goes for men too.
I don't like fitness firsts either, but I can't understand you not wanting women around and being so critical of their appearance. If they want to dress with the trends and wear make up, that is their choice and totally fine by me.

Have you trained in a real gym before?
The goal is to get big/strong/fit. Not pick up next Friday nights date.

Fadi- In reguards to your question to Christian.
We lift with CAPO powerlifting. They have music, and at our QLD comps, it's always heavy.
On yhe other hand, Im lead to believe PA comps however don't have music at all