• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

sore shoulders when doing clean and jerks

lonesoldier

Ive always had a history of dodgy shoulders, ive never had any serious shoulder injurys, ive just gone through those periods of having really sore shoulders for a few weeks i usually ice them 3 times a day and do some rotator cuff exercises and they come good, but when i do clean and jerks my shoulders ( rotator cuffs ) get real sore , anyone else experience this.

Can I ask why your doing clean n jerks?? not being a dickhead just wondering if your training for something.

Clean and jerks are going to put alot of presure on the shoulders/shoulder joints so yea you do find some ppl have shoulder problems from the exercise.

If it casues you to much drama and clean and jerks are not totally needed for what your goal is then I would simply just not do them.

Can I ask why your doing clean n jerks?? not being a dickhead just wondering if your training for something.

Clean and jerks are going to put alot of presure on the shoulders/shoulder joints so yea you do find some ppl have shoulder problems from the exercise.

If it casues you to much drama and clean and jerks are not totally needed for what your goal is then I would simply just not do them.

You have no experience in Olympic weightlifting, do you?

My guess is a combination of tight pecs, bad posture and incorrect head positioning under the bar. The jerk should feel tight and comfortable when it's in the right spot above and behind the head.

That being said, OP provided us with wonderfully little information... training experience, training program, not even a video.

I know enough to say that if your not doing them prob then yea there could be issues with ya shoulders - not sure why you would need to be an experienced oly lifter to know this....

I think he needs to give more info on what his goals are to maybe even see if he needs to be doing such an exercise.

I know enough to say that if your not doing them prob then yea there could be issues with ya shoulders - not sure why you would need to be an experienced oly lifter to know this....

I think he needs to give more info on what his goals are to maybe even see if he needs to be doing such an exercise.

I had to reread that a few times... still not sure if you're making the clarification that they hurt the shoulders if done badly, or generally the movement is bad for the shoulders.

The first is obvious, the second is false.