• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Golf

l'd love to see how you'd go with a driver specific for long drives. The shaft length is a little longer at 45-47 inches over the normal 43ish. You'd have a stupidly big arc which wouldn't do great things for consistency but if you ever got a hold of one, holy shit.

l dont mind Wembley at all, the old course is looked after a bit better than the tuart course (not sure if l've remembered them the right way around). Greens are decent and there is a drivable par 4 one each 18 to keep things interesting.

Being the tall bastard I already had all my clubs lengthened by 2 inches. Certainly helped.

I've stopped, got decent, then was never happy, and the enjoyment had been sucked out of it..
I plan on playing again one day, for now it's just a casual round every few months with mates where I take all the money...

Only thing I'll say about getting clubs fitted, get shafts fitted, no point on getting clubs fitted IMO, unless your off single figures.. The lie angle if the club will be irrelevant as the swing will vary from week to week

I've stopped, got decent, then was never happy, and the enjoyment had been sucked out of it..
I plan on playing again one day, for now it's just a casual round every few months with mates where I take all the money...

This sounds like me. Same thing happened once I got down low. Having more fun now hacking it about once every couple of months or having a bash on a simulator while having a beverage.

Where's your nearest simulator KFG?
I remember seeing an ad for indoor golf once, looked it up but never ended up going

Where's your nearest simulator KFG?
I remember seeing an ad for indoor golf once, looked it up but never ended up going

In joondalup. I think they may only have a facebook page at the moment as they dont have everything up and running yet but theyve got the simulators set up. Its called opti golf.

Are they accurate and realistic? I'd imagine they would be.
The one I was looking at ages ago was the Par3 in Canning Vale. They say people bring their own clubs and balls so it must be pretty full on?

The overall distance and shot shape seems pretty good to me. The only thing that seemed a little off was the trajectory of my longer shots. The distance ended up around the same but my drives were these low piercing shots when I usually fly it my total distance. If youve used tracman at all (used for club fitting / lessons) that seems more accurate numbers wise if you were going to get anal about it but their program is pretty good.

Yeah, either 1 person in the group or everyone brings their clubs. They do have sets their though you can use / hire.

Seems like a good spot to get a bux fo started in the morning, theyve got a couple of simulators in a closed off room so that would be perfect for having a couple of toppies being beer wenches for an hour or so.

Starting playing again the last month or so.

My putting is ok. My driving is ok. But irons always suck, how can i improve irons?

Have been having fun

I've always found irons easier to hit. Played for a long time without ever using the driver when I first started

Starting playing again the last month or so.

My putting is ok. My driving is ok. But irons always suck, how can i improve irons?

Have been having fun

Your driver swing and iron / wedge swing is slightly different. Driving is more of a sweeping action hopefully hitting the ball on an up swing and irons / wedges need to feel like you're hitting down on the ball almost squeezing it out. Focussing on hitting down on the ball a little more should give you some better contact and higher ball flight. With your wedges do that same thing but after you've made connection feel like you're exiting left with your follow through, this will help you created some more spin and a tighter shot dispersion over purely swinging through the ball. Not sure if that made sense or not as it's easier to learn when you see / feel it rather than reading words l find anyway.

Played at kingston yesterday. 7th hole i think it was pulled a off a crazy shot for birdie.

Teed off (short par 3), landed in steep bunker. Ive never had issues getting out of bunker in 1 shot but this was amazing.

Steep bunker shot (hole not visible) popped her out (pin maybe 7m away or so) then she rolled and sank in the hole!

I was stoked best shot ive ever pulled off. The other blokes could not believe their eyes

Fuck yeah, nice work mate. It's always a bonus getting it up and down from a bunker let alone sinking it. One of my weaknesses is my bunker play from 20-40m where it's too close to nip the ball but too far away to just explode it out....

Played on Saturday for the first time in a while and hit driver, 9 iron into a par 5 which is a bit of a joke. Ended up 2 stabbing as per usual. My driving and irons were really on point and l ended up with a 41 on the front which isn't the worst score ever but when l had 20 putts that really doesn't help....

Last edited:
I have played a lot of golf in my time, I typically cycle between golf and weights in 2-3 years periods.

when I was at my peak interest in golf 2-3 years ago I was playing off a handicap of 2, I now play off 8 but would be lucky to play once a month (not at all since I started lifted weights again 2 months ago)

re long drive distance, technique is definitely the most important, as a lot of club head speed can be created with correct sequence and angles. The hips and core create the speed, then the forearms and triceps are the power beyond that.

when I was fit, and flexible (ish) I weighed 115kgs, and was playing off about 5 at the time. My average drive would go about 270metres. I would hit the occasional one over 300, but that was quite rare.

My cousins partner is right into it.. even watching it.. Chit drives me nuts.

I think he's got a 1 handicap or sum chit... I hear that's doing ok.

I have played a lot of golf in my time, I typically cycle between golf and weights in 2-3 years periods.

when I was at my peak interest in golf 2-3 years ago I was playing off a handicap of 2, I now play off 8 but would be lucky to play once a month (not at all since I started lifted weights again 2 months ago)

re long drive distance, technique is definitely the most important, as a lot of club head speed can be created with correct sequence and angles. The hips and core create the speed, then the forearms and triceps are the power beyond that.

when I was fit, and flexible (ish) I weighed 115kgs, and was playing off about 5 at the time. My average drive would go about 270metres. I would hit the occasional one over 300, but that was quite rare.

This was me this year.
Took up golf at the beginning of the year, just as I was getting consistent with my weight training.
Then got addicted to golf and totally dropped the training, still hopeless at golf, it's so frustrating.
Now I've been solidly back into training for the last month and hardly touched golf.....
Golf takes up so much time and commitment if you want to be good.
It's hard to do both at the same time, unless you don't have to work and have lots of free time.