• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Have you ever taken Steroids?

• Yes

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 81 81.8%

• Total voters
Unfortunately yes i have. If i could go back in time and not use them i would.

Can I ask if there is any particular reason for this?
Maybe those who are thinking of using can take into consideration your experiences.

Thanks

Maybe those who are thinking of using can take into consideration your experiences.

Thanks

Well he started at 17 and undertrained ( my guess ), phsycologicaly any gains made off would I presume appear to take forever...

Thanks

A couple different reasons.
I've been training since i was 15, i had perfected my training and nutrition and hit a platue and wasn't moving forward, so i decided to use steroids. Although if i had of kept training naturally i probably would of moved foward, but it would of taken alot longer.

I have low self-esteem and thought it would boost it up a bit, and i admit it did. Until the depression kicks in during PCT and i stopped training and eating and looked like crap.

It is so easy to get your hands on, a few of my older friends at the time were using and showing unbelievable results, so i thought what the hell.

My advice to those around my age, just keep training and eating hard. You might think steroids are the magic drug, in a way they are but it comes with cons such as gyno, aggression and depression. Not to mention the soreness from the injections and a couple of infections. I took everything to avoid the gyno but it still occured. In the end your not going to listen to what people tell you (because i didn't), just for your sake please do it safely and have a solid PCT!

Of course.

I always felt lethargic and depressed. Now I feel great and am happier than ever, I recover properly and have been able to put on a bit of weight.
My recent bloodwork showed me at 29nmol, with normal ranges 8-40 so it not like it boosts me to above levels.

How did yo find out you needed treatment? I have the same problems and have always wondered if increased testosterone would help me function better as i'm always tired, depressed and do find it hard to lift most days. Maybe i'm also just a pussy:p

How did yo find out you needed treatment? I have the same problems and have always wondered if increased testosterone would help me function better as i'm always tired, depressed and do find it hard to lift most days. Maybe i'm also just a pussy:p

I knew something wasn't right, so I went and got blood tests, researched the results myself, and then found somebody that would help.

It has improved my day to day life substantially.

Beware though, everything comes at a price.

I knew something wasn't right, so I went and got blood tests, researched the results myself, and then found somebody that would help.

It has improved my day to day life substantially.

Beware though, everything comes at a price.

So its an easy blood test at the doctor? I will be seeing my doc tomorrow anyway so I may as well hit him up about it.

I might do some research into test levels, any ideas?

So what is the price of everything, so to speak? That is if you wouldn't mind explaining further

Yes its a simple blood test from the doctor.
Tell him/her that you are feeling crap, have little sex drive, and that you would like a FULL blood panel to see what you are at.
Get a copy of the results to take home.

Shrek, admin..... Price talk?

Some forums allow it, some dont.

I just want to check with these guys first Mick.

How do you know what feeling shit is? - like I feel tired during the day sometimes, sometimes sex drive is low, other times its high...always wondered about my test levels but never knew what is normal inregards to how u feel when they are low.

Well, it would differ from person to person.
My diet was healthy, didnt drink or smoke, plenty of sleep, plenty of exercise, in a solid relationship........
All things considered, I didnt think I should feel the way I did, so I got tested.

Its ok to feel shit and down from time to time, I still do. Hell, I even knocked back a shag last night cause I was to tired lol, but you shouldnt feel like crap constantly if you look after yourself.

Yes its a simple blood test from the doctor.
Tell him/her that you are feeling crap, have little sex drive, and that you would like a FULL blood panel to see what you are at.
Get a copy of the results to take home.

Shrek, admin..... Price talk?

Some forums allow it, some dont.

I just want to check with these guys first Mick.
Price for blood tests??

I got mine done for free.

Price for blood tests??

I imagine he means prices for legal steroids?

I'm not sure why that would be against website rules though, legit from a pharmacy.

Since it is a prescription item you'd be looking at $5.99 if you're a concession card holder and the medication is covered by PBS. If you're safety net it's free. If you're just a regular medicare patient, then the prices are too varied from pharmacy to pharmacy and drug to drug. If it isn't covered by PBS (which will include most testosterone injections) then you'd be looking at least around $80, but up to $300-400 a script, again, too many variables.

If the doctor has prescribed you steroids for HRT or other disorders than I'd recommend shopping around for pharmacies that are willing to give you discounts for regular filling of prescriptions, generally a self owned pharmacy's are more willing for that.

The Government will be watching how often you get scripts and how often and how many times you fill it (don't do any dodgy shit, you will get busted) use it like you would any other medication, follow the directions given by doctor.

please explain why roids suck?

Because IMO most (90%+) users are on them because they're looking for easy answers to a complicated question.

Because IMO most (90%+) users are on them because they're looking for easy answers to a complicated question.

Yes, some people will always look for an easy route.

But what do you say to those who have been training for 5+ years naturally, so close to their natural limits, and take steroids?

Steroids are just stupid IMO. So many side affects, small dick, moody, hardened artery's, and basically just a cheaters way of getting big without doing the hard yards.
Personally i just think they are stupid.

Steroids are just stupid IMO. So many side affects, small dick, moody, hardened artery's, and basically just a cheaters way of getting big without doing the hard yards.

Your post is so full of dumb it's not funny.

If your ignorant, that's fine, learn.

IMO, if you have no idea wtf your talking about, you shouldn't have an opinion, or at least not voice it.

It's like me saying Julia Gillard is a shit PM.
I have no clue about pollitics, so I don't really have a place to make that comment, do I.

Comments like this are just as stupid and misinformed as the people that go the other way and underplay the side effects of steroids.

Might as well inform you that your dick doesn't shrink. Your balls shrink, temporarily, due to natural testosterone production being shutdown as your body detects there is excess test than what there should be and therefore stops producing it. They return back to normal, correct PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) is needed for to kickstart your natural test production.

Moody, yes it can effect mood, varies from person to person and in some cases the type of steroid.

Hardened arteries, I know that Clenbuterol is associated with this side effect however hardened arteries a side effect of AAS? I'm not sure but it might be possible depending on dosages and length of use. Cholesterol levels can be put out however.

Do your research buddy then like Sticky said, you can have an opinion.

Last edited:
I'll also add, I have a pair of very plump set of nuts.

Testicular atrophy (shrinkage) is completely avoidable if you do your research and aren't a tight arse.

I'll also add, I have a pair of very plump set of nuts.

Testicular atrophy (shrinkage) is completely avoidable if you do your research and aren't a tight arse.

Are you talking about shrinkage begin avoidable, or shutdown during a cycle being avoidable (never come across this being avoidable always under the impression that ALL AAS will shut you down if not cause partial shut down). Or am I wrong?