• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Revolting smell from a protein shake

thechosenone

I had this protein shake i drank in a shaker cup and left it in the back of my car. 1 week later i got it out and opened it and fuck me dead, it was the most revolting smell i have ever smelt it my life. I instatly threw the shaker cup in the bin, I was so close to spewing up it wasnt funny.

To clean the fuckin thing out straight away lol, What is in the protein powder that makes it smell so foul when its gone off. this protein powder was in water to.

This has happened so so so so so many times to me lol...I think I have one in the back seat thats been there for a few months...need to take it out...will never open lol

i have thrown out about 4 shakers over past few months from my laziness or forgetting about it... D I S GUSTING!!

you really gotta cleean the SH"$ and add boil water to those shakers

i only get the complimentary ones that come with speacials of on protein

that way i can throw them out...if ur good with ur sup guy just get him to give you a few

I had this protein shake i drank in a shaker cup and left it in the back of my car. 1 week later i got it out and opened it and fuck me dead, it was the most revolting smell i have ever smelt it my life. I instatly threw the shaker cup in the bin, I was so close to spewing up it wasnt funny.

I had this, but it was under my desk at work. I must of drank from it and put it away when something urgent came up. A few weeks later, I found it and was excited I had a shaker at work again....only to be met with the most foul smell!! I washed it about 3 times but the smell would not go away. So I eventually chucked it!

Lol! I imagine that most people have suffered this at some stage.

My brother thought it was a great idea to pre mix protein in huge bottles once upon a time, left it on top of his fridge as that way it didn't take up any room and after all it didn't need to be refrigerated (so he thought!).

Each day he complained about the taste a bit more, then after not training for almost 2 weeks opened it again!
Seriously, even after being washed down the sink the smeel hung around for ages. It was absolutely disgusting.

I was told you should drink your protein shake immediatly as it the nutrients break down.

I wash the shaker with warm soapy water. Add some vinegar. Give it a shake then rinse it out. Should be next to brand new

I have found a protein shaker under my car seat....have no idea how long its been there....will be chucking straight out when I get home....theres still the feeling of "i wonder what it smells like though" - I will try and stop myself from opening it lol

I have found a protein shaker under my car seat....have no idea how long its been there....will be chucking straight out when I get home....theres still the feeling of "i wonder what it smells like though" - I will try and stop myself from opening it lol

Try the bicarb and warm water, I've done it but it was only a mild smell that it got rid of, be interesting to see if it works on a REALLY bad smell

Try the bicarb and warm water, I've done it but it was only a mild smell that it got rid of, be interesting to see if it works on a REALLY bad smell

Nah man i'll just chuck it - id rather just spend 5 bucks and buy a new one lol

sometimes no matter how much you clean it , the smell still remains , it gets into the plastic or something
i've had a shaker have tried everything to clean it , boiling water , boiling water and lemon juice , bicarb soda and vinegar , bicarb and hot water , it did nothing so in the end tossed it in the bin
An IGA near me has them for $2.50 so have brought up a few of them

i've had a shaker have tried everything to clean it , boiling water , boiling water and lemon juice , bicarb soda and vinegar , bicarb and hot water , it did nothing so in the end tossed it in the bin

Sweet, that's what I wanted to know, if there was a point where the bi carb does nothing. Thanks admin

I find pine o-kleen does a good job of getting rid of the smell.

If youre worried about bacteria, dont be. Plastic is pretty good at repelling bacterial growth and a good disinfectant will do the trick. Warm water and pine o'kleen.... the smell does linger a little bit, but its not harmful.