• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

AAS and Growth Stunt

staunch308

Do steroids really stunt growth by premature closing of growth plates? After much research on it, it seems that it isn't the steroid itself that apparently causes growth plate closure but when the steroid is aromatased into estrogen that the excess estrogen is what closes the plates. Makes sense as why females are often shorter, they have more estrogen they males and causes growth plates to close quicker. I know that this wouldn't be a problem with someone 25+ years old, but more so someone under that age that could still have open growth plates.

I know that DHT derived roids don't pose this problem as being based off DHT they can't aromatase in estrogen. They used to treat children with short heights with Anavar which is DHT derived so no aromatase issues there.

I know someone who has gotten on aas at a very early age who ran test, deca and dianabol without an AI all of which aromatase and would seem like the perfect combo to stunt growth yet they grew slightly taller during the course and still growing to this day - this goes against the whole idea that AAS aromatasing into estrogen stunts growth.

Wouldn't this theoretically be possible to avoid with the use of an Aromatase inhibitor? It seems logical that an aromatase inhibitor would reduce excess estrogen that could possibly cause growth stunt.

Wouldn't this also mean that all DHT derived steroids can't cause growth stunt due to the fact they can't aromatase into estrogen?

Last edited:
thinkgeek_lmao.jpg

I'm going to get flamed for this but oh well.

I did my first cycle at 17 and was 6'4" and now im 19 and 6'6", didn't have the affect on me.