• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

NRL Training

piecone

Hi All,

I was wondering at the transformation of the physique of professional rugby league (NRL) players today. Most of them, even the big units in the front row, look harder and fitter than a decade ago.

They obviously do a lot of cardio for aerobic fitness but I suspect also a serious weight training program. Has anyone ever seen what sort of weights/programs these guys do? Just curious, that's all - there might be some interesting insights available for those who may lift weights but don't want BB competitive bodies?

Probably lots of power compound movements, like squats, DL, power cleans etc?

steroids!!! nah jks, have a look at this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82zK1n6Xsig]YouTube - ‪Weightlifting for Rugby Fitness - The Back Squat‬‏[/ame]
he has more in channel

Parra do plenty of power cleans (when Tahu was there he set the club record, 140kg for sets of 8) and broncos have probably the best S&C coach in the NRL, heaps of deads, power cleans, bench and squats

Guessing it would just be the usual Squat, Dead, Military Press, and Bench Press. It's helped me alot in footy.

Hi All,

I was wondering at the transformation of the physique of professional rugby league (NRL) players today. Most of them, even the big units in the front row, look harder and fitter than a decade ago.

They obviously do a lot of cardio for aerobic fitness but I suspect also a serious weight training program. Has anyone ever seen what sort of weights/programs these guys do? Just curious, that's all - there might be some interesting insights available for those who may lift weights but don't want BB competitive bodies?

Probably lots of power compound movements, like squats, DL, power cleans etc?

I know the Broncos do Westside training - and they prob have the best strength and conditioning program in the NRL.