• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Body building lifestyle cost me my relationship.

bullshit , fuck me , if she cracked the shits over that she has problems , you're better off without her

Agreed. If your doing ANYTHING i.e. saving money to pay off debt, educating yourself or getting fit and healthy etc that BETTERS you in the long run and your partner doesnt like it chances are she didnt really like you in the first place and she was more attracted to your wallett (the lifestyle you could provide for her). These women are dirty dirty whores. Your better off without her weighing you down.

Last edited:
Mate, balanced lifestyle is good. You don't need to eat every 2-3 hrs and never drink (unless coming up to a comp). I've been training 10+ yrs, been there, done all those mistakes.

At the end of the day, if that's what caused the break up, let it be. You're at two different stages, if you want to back off a bit, save some cash and give the bod a rest from clubbing and pubbing go for it. Let her do what she needs to do.

How old are you? My motto in life is 'Just FLAC'. (fuck like a champion). If you maintain this process you'll eventually find someone you're keen on, and who's on the same page as you. Try not to dwell on it. If I could turn back time, I would never have given a shit in my late teens or early 20's about anything relationship related. Live and learn I guess.

I have to somewhat disagree a little - yea she should support you etc in what your doing - but you have to also understand that she lives like she does.

I know bodybuilding is adicitve but unless your training to become pro or high level Am or whatever you really need to find that good mix inreagrds to training/being healthy and having fun.

I def got caught up in the "bodybuilding" lifestyle and nearly lost my friends over it, had a gf at the time that did support me but still you really need to think about is it worth hiding yourself away to look better for yourself....coz where do you draw the line? you cant bang bitches if your not going out...so do you reach a point and then start going out again???

You know for me now days mon-sat I train, I eat 100% clean mon-fri and upto about dinner time sat - then sat night I will go out with my mates and have a few drinks and enjoy myself - and to be honest I have never looked better lol

Its all about finding a happy medium when it comes to these things. If you really full on about this and want to see how far you can get as a competive bodybuilder then forsure do everything you need to...if not have fun mate...you must be young (18th bday party) so enjoy these yrs.

I have to somewhat disagree a little - yea she should support you etc in what your doing - but you have to also understand that she lives like she does.

I know bodybuilding is adicitve but unless your training to become pro or high level Am or whatever you really need to find that good mix inreagrds to training/being healthy and having fun.

I def got caught up in the "bodybuilding" lifestyle and nearly lost my friends over it, had a gf at the time that did support me but still you really need to think about is it worth hiding yourself away to look better for yourself....coz where do you draw the line? you cant bang bitches if your not going out...so do you reach a point and then start going out again???

You know for me now days mon-sat I train, I eat 100% clean mon-fri and upto about dinner time sat - then sat night I will go out with my mates and have a few drinks and enjoy myself - and to be honest I have never looked better lol

Its all about finding a happy medium when it comes to these things. If you really full on about this and want to see how far you can get as a competive bodybuilder then forsure do everything you need to...if not have fun mate...you must be young (18th bday party) so enjoy these yrs.

Yep, top post.

To many people get caught up thinking to look good you can't have any life outside of lifting weights and eating clean. What sort life is that for the average person not competing as a bodybuilder.

Also plenty on here look down on people that go out and get drunk on weekends. I don't see the problem if people are enjoying it. Fair chance those people are going to have a lot more fun in life and end up with many more friends than some of these wannabe hardcore bodybuilders.

having fun needs to be a major factor. You need a life... as joel said if you are wanting be a competitive bodybuilder and so on then yes do what you have to but for those of us lifting as a hobby or to just keep fit and looking half decent, fun needs to be had or youll go insane.

Life is what you make it - I understand this more-so now than ever! - make it a journey something fun, dont hold back - make sure you have good balance in your life and everything will be good. Believe me if you stay on this path it will get old fast and you will look back and go omg I wasted so much time....unless you become the next Ronnie Coleman lol

My comment was meant as a general one i.e. if your doing stuff that helps yourself and someone wants you to stop when there is no real reason it is impacting on them then they suck balls.

You should still be able to go out and have a good time just dont drink. Why the fuck do you both need to be drunk?

One another more ranty note: I dont see how spending an hour or 2 hours a day doing some form of exercise and not drinking is a fucking selfish thing to do. Im sure there a several government campagns out there telling people to do at least 30 mins exercise a day and to cut down their drink. Do you think you know more than doctors? I wanna see your doctorate you whiny little bitch.

End rant.

I may have been drinking

when i wrote this

Last edited:
My ex-girlfriends fat sisters tried to cause conflict in my relationship as I was losing weight, they were packing the weight on and tried to sabotage my relationship rather than hit the treadmill and swap their cakes for tuna.

Mate, this is a common problem. it happened to me, not to the extent were we break up but close.
the trainign life stlye takes a toll on you, your family and friends... its not easy..
my girlfriend at the time, now fionce, said that she was fed up with me not spending enough time with her (we didnt live together at the time) because straight after work i would go gym then cook and blah blah blah...
And she had a valid point. no doubt.
but i told her my side of things and how much it means for me to go to the gym and eat right. at the end of everything she said she would support me through all this, and that is the thing that means the most to me that she supports me through it all.
Training honestly like i said before takes a toll on everyone around me. if they are true friends and family they will stick by you through it all if they dont stick by you they are not true friends and i have distiguished "fake" friends like this.
So, to the OP, im not trying to be rude but if she left you because of your 'training' lifestyle, GOOD. TRUST ME, you will find somebody better, even if you dont think that right now, you will find someone better and someone who supports your discsions and sticks by you through it all!!!!