• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

weight lifting belts / back support?

nothing wrong with a bit of extra support when your pushing your limits :) :p but again that comes down to personal choice :)

Never worn a belt, damn annoying silly things. Learn to use your abs kids.

I always thought that I used my abs then I tried a belt and my abs were cramping I was able to use them so much. This has carried over to when I lift without a belt.

I always thought that I used my abs then I tried a belt and my abs were cramping I was able to use them so much. This has carried over to when I lift without a belt.

Duh, I was just being inflammatory.

Belts are just not a thing I want to use. It's not out of some RAAWZZZ thing, I just see no need to use them personally.

That being said, I would use wraps only for a meet like ProRaw when there is cash on the line.

big fan of a belt for squats. keeps me rigid and the back straight.
deadlifts i dont care, the belt neither helps nor hinders

My personal opinion now is that belt allow you to lift more weight with poor form. And can entrench that poor form, and the end you get injured.
My front squat drop 30kg by loosing my belt, to me they make a huge difference to my total.

I think all training should be beltless, however if competing it could be used for peaking cycles before comps.

My personal opinion now is that belt allow you to lift more weight with poor form. And can entrench that poor form, and the end you get injured.
My front squat drop 30kg by loosing my belt, to me they make a huge difference to my total.

I think all training should be beltless, however if competing it could be used for peaking cycles before comps.

Just so you know your personal opinion is wrong.

Belts don't cause poor form.

Just so you know your personal opinion is wrong.

Belts don't cause poor form.

Your a Twat.

Someones personal opinion is just that.
If there was facts to say one way or another show them, otherwise understand these are peoples opinions and take from them what you will.

Your a Twat.

Someones personal opinion is just that.
If there was facts to say one way or another show them, otherwise understand these are peoples opinions and take from them what you will.

I never said is wasn't your personal opinion i just said it was wrong.

So which belt does one go for? Don't know if i want to spend a whole heap on one as i might not end up using it if i don't like wearing it.

I have an Inzer 10mm lever belt. Its awesome, but not cheap.

Undergroundelite do the same belt for $70 and a few guys in my gym use them. They seem to be a very good belt also, and much cheaper.

I'm all for wearing a belt, but you need to learn how to use it properly. Too many people I've seen wear them like something to keep their pants up. If you don't know how to keep tight during a lift and how a belt can help with that, best not to belt up, for you will have that false sense of security and will injure yourself.

Btw a belt slightly changes your leverage, so beware.

belts will feel uncomfortable on a DL if you a prone to being loose
dropping your chest and hitch

if you are tight, chest up, back tight and not like a fishing rod, it with assist you

grip it and rip it will always get you in trouble 'belt or no belt'
BEWARE!

I never squat (or deadlift) without my belt nowadays. When you know how to use it, it helps soooo much. And no, that is not a bad thing. I've never heard a sensible argument as to why you shouldn't use one. It allows you to lift bigger weights, it allows you to engage your abs more effectively, it helps create greater intra-abdominal pressure and thus protect the spine from rounding, etc etc etc.

a long while back i heard a fellow preach that his guys could do the same with or without a belt
and it was all about core strength
when i saw them lift i realised why
it was because everyone of them had poor injury prone technique and a belt just got in the way of them getting injured