• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Chicken in a can - the new Tuna?

candyflip

Fatty
I saw the ads for this on TV and thought, meh, wouldn't touch it. But having picked up a can in the super today and putting 2 and 2 together, I'm starting to see the point.

The ones that come in springwater are 72% chicken, 27% springwater, a little too much sodium for my liking, but otherwise seem fairly unadulterated. About 13% protein per small can, about $1.50 a pop.

Are these the answer to too much canned tuna in your diet? (i eat about 8-10 cans a week, so it could add variety I'm after)... Anyone using them?

I tried Chop Chop and the Wooiles brand. They are ok, not a huge fan. Won't buy again.

the chop chop one with lite mayo and chili is really nice in a sandwich but you need to buy the 160gram cans though

These has been out for years already.
Hasn't seemed to have become very popular or in demand.
I used to eat alot of it but always go back to tuna.

It's too expensive for what it is too.

Its just weird and to be honest what part of the chicken are they using...like really...I know some say breast...alot are made in thailand or vietaman....canned cat?

We could say the same about tuna of course - we don't believe that they are using the very best fresh maguro (sushi quality) for their canned tuna do we? Its more likely the off cuts that no-one else will touch, or that have been broken down during processing into too small pieces to be used for anything else...

But yes, suss of chicken in a can x 100%

We could say the same about tuna of course - we don't believe that they are using the very best fresh maguro (sushi quality) for their canned tuna do we? Its more likely the off cuts that no-one else will touch, or that have been broken down during processing into too small pieces to be used for anything else...

But yes, suss of chicken in a can x 100%

I think id rather take my chances with tuna than chicken lol