• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What powerlifting federation

I actually did a Powerlifting Australia level 1 Coach course the other week (and now have 30 hrs work experience to do before they'll give me my piece of paper). I've never actually competed, myself, though.

I got the hours done in 3 days.. Advantageous of owning a gym.. heh

i did the level 1 but haven't handed in the post course hours yet so am not officially accredited with the certificate but its pretty informative and well structured over 2 days as im still new to oly lifting.. Level 1 just means u can show people how to lift without hurting themselves such as warm-ups and conditioning work.. People who are already lifting in this category over a long time probably would not get anything new.

thinking of doing level 2 but not too sure atm.

i did the level 1 but haven't handed in the post course hours yet so am not officially accredited with the certificate but its pretty informative and well structured over 2 days as im still new to oly lifting.. Level 1 just means u can show people how to lift without hurting themselves such as warm-ups and conditioning work.. People who are already lifting in this category over a long time probably would not get anything new.

thinking of doing level 2 but not too sure atm.

who taught you?

chris or dave?

i think existing lifters would still get a lot from the practicals
specialing the stretch shortening cycle explanation, demonstration and prac

we are talking about the Powerlifting Australia Level 1 Coaching Course? or is there another one?

no the australian weight lifting association (AWF)
Lynn jones and dave mitchell were presenting..

www.awf.com.au

I think i have read the title incorrectly ..sorry :D
u guys typed powerlifting australia my bad..

Im looking into the ESP in spotswood one though anyone know details on it?

Im thinking of doing that course. How was it?
Covered the basics. Exactly what gets focused on in the course will depend on who's doing the course and what they all want to get out of it. My group did a fair amount of prac, spending 2-2.5 hours on each lift (and that actually felt quite abbreviated to me). The second day ended with the theory test, which took me about 50min, I think.

On squats and deadlifts, there were some technique points being taught that I respectfully disagree with, but nothing critical. There was some discussion of assistance exercises but no prac work with regards to it. Programming was covered, although the variables relevant to a beginner, intermediate or advanced lifter weren't really looked at (the programming was mostly only concerned with peaking, which probably isn't that important for a total beginner, but would become more important as experience increases).