• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What powerlifting federation

CAPO
Was going to go with PA originally but didn't like the amount of restrictions they seem to place on other events eg Iron Edge rep challenge

If you think PA is bad, try dealing with Australian Weightlifting.

My rule of thumb is, pick the fed that doesn't have government regulations up its ass.

From what I've seen, CAPO is actually promoting the sport, that aren't exclusive, no bitchy politics. Just a lifters organisation for people who want to move heavy shit. The WPC acts accordingly.

This thread is gonna end well... lol

I was going to join CAPO but decided to go with PA in the last minute due to joining the Melb Uni PL club. My dealing with PA is like this: zero politics that affects us lifters, very supportive coaches & fellow lifters, excellent equipments (Eleiko all over in training), top notch professionalism with the running of competitions, the top quality judging and record keeping. To me, THAT is a federation FOR lifters. The comps are always run with zero hassles for lifters, and 3 days after we lift, the numbers are up with 100% accuracy on the federation's website, which is very well maintained.

Now contrast this with CAPO's shallow squat, touch & go bench, inexplicable harshness in deadlift judging (ask Markos, he has videos to back it up), and their horrible track record with record keeping (numbers either aren't updated or are simply inaccurate - just ask the various guys & girls here who have competed with CAPO). I'm glad I didn't join them because they advertise themselves as "lifters organisation for people who want to move heavy shit". It's nice of them to think that way, but their poor organisational skills and lack of professionalism mean that they actually can't deliver on that promise.

This thread is gonna end well... lol

I was going to join CAPO but decided to go with PA in the last minute due to joining the Melb Uni PL club. My dealing with PA is like this: zero politics that affects us lifters, very supportive coaches & fellow lifters, excellent equipments (Eleiko all over in training), top notch professionalism with the running of competitions, the top quality judging and record keeping. To me, THAT is a federation FOR lifters. The comps are always run with zero hassles for lifters, and 3 days after we lift, the numbers are up with 100% accuracy on the federation's website, which is very well maintained.

Now contrast this with CAPO's shallow squat, touch & go bench, inexplicable harshness in deadlift judging (ask Markos, he has videos to back it up), and their horrible track record with record keeping (numbers either aren't updated or are simply inaccurate - just ask the various guys & girls here who have competed with CAPO). I'm glad I didn't join them because they advertise themselves as "lifters organisation for people who want to move heavy shit". It's nice of them to think that way, but their poor organisational skills and lack of professionalism mean that they actually can't deliver on that promise.

Point taken. Though i think that's something CAPO can resolve with enough demand from lifters.

Other question is... do you want to use drugs? Whether recreational or performance enhancing? I've has ASADA assholes chasing me with a cup since I was 14.

Just wondering what powerlifting federation people out there belong to and why. :)

I just realised you're in Adelaide.

The only comps you are gonna find here are gonna be in Mannum for PA, or Fortus gym meets. I'm also looking to do a pushpull at mine in July if you are interested.

That being said, when PTC Adelaide opens, we will be the ones holding CAPO meets 10 minutes from the CBD as well as our own gym meets/pro raw meets. Keep that in mind.

Now contrast this with CAPO's shallow squat, touch & go bench, inexplicable harshness in deadlift judging (ask Markos, he has videos to back it up), and their horrible track record with record keeping (numbers either aren't updated or are simply inaccurate - just ask the various guys & girls here who have competed with CAPO)..

I disagree with the first comment on the shallow squats, however I 100% agree with the record keeping. After the QLD state comp I should have had my record put up, nope never was. Other people got theirs up though.

^ From videos I've seen CAPO judges seem to white-light higher squats when compared to PA judges. The only meets I've been to are PR1 and PA Raw Nationals to watch my GF lift, and even though PR1 had good judging in the squats even more depth was expected at the PA meet.

Raw nationals was well run, everything was very professional and that was impressive. They could do with some music or a more lively commentator though.

Currently training at Melb Uni PL as I'm doing some clinical practice at the Royal Melbourne. The gym is great, excellent Eleiko bars plates and racks all around. But more importantly there are experienced coaches and lifters there to help you out. The quality of lifter there is outstanding, the majority are pretty lean and I'm one of the weaker guys there.

In the five weeks I've ben training there I haven't heard any politics. I'm not sure why there is so much hate between CAPO and PA.

I'm a member of ProRaw, I joined because it was easy to sign up to and PR1 was a blast and an easy first meet.

Last edited:
Will probably join CAPO since PA don't hold any meets in Canberra (That way I can do Battle of the Gyms ect.).

Would be tempted to join PA because their lower qualifying standards for raw comps means I could make the nationals.

I just realised you're in Adelaide.

The only comps you are gonna find here are gonna be in Mannum for PA, or Fortus gym meets. I'm also looking to do a pushpull at mine in July if you are interested.

That being said, when PTC Adelaide opens, we will be the ones holding CAPO meets 10 minutes from the CBD as well as our own gym meets/pro raw meets. Keep that in mind.
count me in if your having a comp my deads are shit but will give it a go did lift last year at mannum in PA event in the bench only hope to lift in the masters games in october . cheers .

count me in if your having a comp my deads are shit but will give it a go did lift last year at mannum in PA event in the bench only hope to lift in the masters games in october . cheers .

Are you on the RADelaide Power Lifting facestalk page?

We will be making an announcement about the push pull meet in the next week or so :)

If you are thinking about competing in both feds the easiest way to do it is join CAPO first. Once you join PA and if you want to leave or lift in other comps you will have to
fill out a asada retirement from competition form. Stating you will be retiring from
competition.

I disagree with the first comment on the shallow squats

Plenty of lifters squat deep at CAPO, just that the majority of them are PTC lifters (because that's how Markos trains them) and the judges pass other squats that are clearly high, which is unfair to the deep squatters. CAPO and WPC are both guilty of this. Markos has posted plenty of videos on this very forum. You can see the ones from Max's trip to the World.

Why do you think Markos and the judges had that speech at the start of ProRawOne on squat depth and judging? It's because he doesn't want ProRaw to be tainted with the shallow squat reputation.

Bench has the same problem. I've watched CAPO comps and I've seen touch & go get passed. Also seen a bench that went haywire, hit the upright, bounced back to lockout that got passed (ask Markos about this beauty).

This isn't something I learned from PA. This is what I saw with my own eyes at CAPO comps and from the videos posted up by CAPO lifters.

I agree that it happens sometimes, no doubt. Just the QLD states I lifted in, imo there was no high squats passed, no bad benchs passed. I had a perfect angle too (lifers were sitting side on etc).

PA..

The main reason for me was that i don't use juice so i wanted a more level playing field.. there may be guys that are geared up to their eyes balls in the ipf, however i like to beleive that majority are from Russia and Bulgaria.. there are worse things than pissing in a cup in front of someone..

The other reason which came later was in regards to single ply vs. double ply.. single ply for me is scary enough with regards to carryover and dialing in hnique.. double ply.. i'm just not there.. although i have wanted to see how i would go for shits and giggles..

I guess it comes down to what you want to get from it..? Where do you train.. are you on gear..? single ply or double.. both do raw now.. and when are the competitions..

It takes a big step to get up on that platform and lift.. kudos for that alone..