• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What powerlifting federation

I lift in CAPO mainly as I dont agree with the restrictions that PA enforces for competing outside of their organisation and I prefer the atmosphere at the CAPO comps - having said that I fully appreciate peoples reasons for lifting in PA so lift wherever you are happiest.
In defence of the record keeping at CAPO I know that a couple of the guys have made huge inroads into what was a mess and they are still working hard to get things right.

I'm personally wouldn't join pa too much bullshit red taPe due to my medication.

I also like the restrictions they put on people.. Ill lift where when and with whoever I want. That is lifting.

PA even through I'm from a state where CAPO is dominant
Reasons:
1) Drug testing to WADA standards
2) Can lift in NZ, and compare lifts with my birth country
3) International comps, can compare my lifts with any other IPF affiliate in the world knowing the refereeing is the same
4) consistent refereeing, and no gifts
5) I like the rules. Not a fan of monolift wide squats, and belly benching

The restrictions don't bother me. PA lifters can compete in any other strength sport like weightlifting, strongman, or allround weightlifting. The only restriction is not lifting with a competing federation

I don't agree with the "it's all one sport" mantra, I consider IPF and other feds completely different sports and only compare my lifts with other IPF lifters. I don't care what someone does in a different fed with different rules or non-tested.

PA even through I'm from a state where CAPO is dominant
Reasons:
1) Drug testing to WADA standards
2) Can lift in NZ, and compare lifts with my birth country
3) International comps, can compare my lifts with any other IPF affiliate in the world knowing the refereeing is the same
4) consistent refereeing, and no gifts
5) I like the rules. Not a fan of monolift wide squats, and belly benching

The restrictions don't bother me. PA lifters can compete in any other strength sport like weightlifting, strongman, or allround weightlifting. The only restriction is not lifting with a competing federation

I don't agree with the "it's all one sport" mantra, I consider IPF and other feds completely different sports and only compare my lifts with other IPF lifters. I don't care what someone does in a different fed with different rules or non-tested.

I always find this funny because it doesnt mean there are no drugs..

Not True. Can't compete in a gym comp. A lifter was banned for lifting in Prison powerlifting comp that has no affilation to any Fed

Should've used his brother and/or mates name lol!

Defeats the purpose :p

Anyway bullshit redtape and politics have no place in this sport...

Its just a matter of people trying to protect their own interests. "Give us money and no one else" Its a dirty trick and nothing good can come of it.

Can PA lifters come down to the PTC House of Pain novice lift off? If the answer is no then there is a fucking problem...

PA....

never had a problem with politics

best equipment (what beats Eleiko?), standardized refs internationally
Australia Sports Commission recognized as the governing PL body in AU

tested a few times a year at training and competitions
had diarrhea at a comp and the asada dude watched me in the cubical, good times

trained at melb uni, no talk about CAPO what so ever there (there seems to be a lot of talk about PA members always talking trash about CAPO, i can say that is the delusions of a few or one person at best used to promote there own ego/business, most CAPO members I know are great guys, and a couple are my best mates)

Now contrast this with CAPO's shallow squat, touch & go bench, inexplicable harshness in deadlift judging (ask Markos, he has videos to back it up), and their horrible track record with record keeping (numbers either aren't updated or are simply inaccurate - just ask the various guys & girls here who have competed with CAPO). I'm glad I didn't join them because they advertise themselves as "lifters organisation for people who want to move heavy shit". It's nice of them to think that way, but their poor organisational skills and lack of professionalism mean that they actually can't deliver on that promise.
this is also why im joining PA. i dont like how they pass lifts...

I always find this funny because it doesnt mean there are no drugs..

why is it funny? All PA lifters are subject to testing, and if they do fail a test they are banned from all registered sports in Australia. And the better you are the more you get tested, plus records are stripped from cheats.
The testing is also independent by a government body, the tests are the same as mainstream sports like swimming and athletics, and results are published.

CAPO claims to now offer drug testing, but you need to ask
who is doing the testing?
what substances are they testng for? Why are stimulants OK?
if testing is ONLY in competition does this mean that cycling off is accepted?
What if any sanction is applied to a cheater? Are they banned from ALL capo competitions, or just not allowed to lift in the tested division anymore?
is drug tested considered for beginners and weaker lifters and non-tested for better lifters?

why is it funny? All PA lifters are subject to testing, and if they do fail a test they are banned from all registered sports in Australia. And the better you are the more you get tested, plus records are stripped from cheats.
The testing is also independent by a government body, the tests are the same as mainstream sports like swimming and athletics, and results are published.

CAPO claims to now offer drug testing, but you need to ask
who is doing the testing?
what substances are they testng for? Why are stimulants OK?
if testing is ONLY in competition does this mean that cycling off is accepted?
What if any sanction is applied to a cheater? Are they banned from ALL capo competitions, or just not allowed to lift in the tested division anymore?
is drug tested considered for beginners and weaker lifters and non-tested for better lifters?

You say it like no one has ever taken drugs who competes in PA or mainstream sports and only people that get caught have taken them...

For starters what about the things they simply cant test for? It simply limits what people could be taking... You would be suprised at what alot of people take in these feds test suspension is a big one along with alot of peptides..

I think you're talking rubbish. In Australia testing is taken seriously, if I knew for certain that a PA lifter was taking drugs I'd be first on the phone to ASADA.

Always amazes me that those in non-tested federations are quick to point the finger at drug testing claiming that everyone is on undetectable drugs.
Every other legitimate sport in Australia has the same drug testing as PA.

Always with the drug thing...

I think I can see my tail ....

Someone lock this thread, everything in here has been said before.

I think you're talking rubbish. In Australia testing is taken seriously, if I knew for certain that a PA lifter was taking drugs I'd be first on the phone to ASADA.

Always amazes me that those in non-tested federations are quick to point the finger at drug testing claiming that everyone is on undetectable drugs.
Every other legitimate sport in Australia has the same drug testing as PA.

I belong to no fed. I call it how i see it...

I never claimed all PA lifters were tkaing undetectable drugs. I spoke about what i Know as fact.

So please dont make up stories and put words in my mouth..

I have had conversations with PA lifters in regards to cycles on forums and hormones in general as i am interested in this subject.

Will i name them here or ring ASADA? No, people have a right to their privacy. But please know what you are tlaking about before you jump the gun.

I'm 99% sure all PA lifters are drug free, the discussion of drugs was never brought up in comps or in trainings when I was lifting there, it was only about getting tested.

But one thing is that a lot of PA lifters are brain washed into thinking CAPO is one big drug fed (the dark side) But if you choose to lift in CAPO you know you could be lifting against someone who is full.

PA lifters should be able to lift in any comp they wish too. They still would
be under ASADA, they do out of comp testing so whats the big deal?

This policy should be scrapped its dividing our sport. I am a drug free lifter
I should not have to fill out a retirement from competition form from asada
and also told I can't lift for another 6 months or risk getting banned just because I wanna have a crack at CAPO.

small sample sizes...

make accepting or rejecting a hypothesis impossible

but on forums and in the gym are very believable

Paul, how many tests are conducted a year in PA by asada? compare that to how many PA members you are talking to?

Callan is a natural talent

Speed in the squat
And dl is not too bad, go head to head with him hammy
Aaron will beat you anyway but the prize is his 15 yr old brother :p

Y chrome plates for or blacken raw swedish steel?