• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

danfit

Serious thread,

not sure if its the high protein diet?
maybe from oats/brown rice/cottage cheese/protein shakes?

Literally clear a dance floor/house/room...

anyone else rip them all the time? also how to reduce them?

kind of dutch oven the misses way to much

only dairy I have is cottage cheese...
haven't had it for 2 days and still ripping...

No, you're eating protein shakes, which have milk powder in them, and are notorious for causing flatulence (and I am proof!). :p

Try different shake types/brands, or none, and see what happens.

Probably the protein shake, maybe cut back a little if you're having too many during the day. But different things affect different people, so all you can do is experiment until you find the cause.

Cheers, Mike P

cheers dudes,
probably hitting 2-3 shakes a day, so I'll start eating more whole food meals aside from post w/o.

@Morgan
Amen to that!

Farts are caused by excess carbs. Although the smell can be caused by anything you eat. That's why kangaroo isn't great when bulking as they are rank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

when i have shakes and am eating a good amount of salad and vegie each day i rarely fart, i counted for a few days, and most i did was 5. the average is 14. a guy at work hit 14 by 10am

Generally farts are caused by the incomplete digestion of resistant carbohydrates (like cellulose etc.) Baked beans are complex and hard for you to break down so they make you fart. If you are lactose intolerant, you are not completely breaking down that particular carbohydrate. And if you eat stuff with sulphur in it it adds to the smell. Dried apricots etc are preserved with sulfur products.

There is a product called Bean-O that helps you digest the carbs in beans so you don't fart. And a product called asafoetida may help too.

I have seen evidence that swallowing air and not burping it can also create a fart stream.

As mentioned previously u may be lactose intolerant, the majority of adults are. If u are not taking in dairy check ur whey source, wpi is generally completely void of or near enough of carbs but wpc and blends tend to be higher. What happens is the lactose ferments in your gut and makes u gassy, it can also stop u from absorbing alot of the protein you are eating.

Also get more fibre into you, chuck a 10-15g of natural metamusil in water and drink that once in the morning and once at night.

Also eat more green veges. :)