• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

So tired and fatigued from bulking diet

The Hulk

Active Member, Site Advertiser
Does anybody else get tired and fatigued when on a bulking diet?

I'm on a 30 day bulk, on my 10th day so far.
5kg gained so far.
Problem is, I'm so tired all the time now and it's got to be from the excess calories being consumed.
I'm taking in about 2200 calories above maintenance daily, about 5200 calories in total.
Can't wait till this is over.

I had so much energy eating just 2 meals/day and was gaining lean mass slowly too.

I'll go back to this style of eating after my 30 day bulk.
Plan to hold my new bodyweight and slowly recompose through to the end of this year.

This is just a theory, but i imagine because of the significant increase in calories, your gastric tract is working overtime to digest the increased food. After a meal your body redirects oxegenated blood away from areas like major muscle groups and your brain in order to get increased oxygen to the smooth muscle tissues in your digetstive tract, this leaves you feeling tired, its why a post meal siesta is always so good. I would guess that because of your increased intake, your body has to work harder to digest, hence the increased fatigue.

This obviously isnt a solution to your problem, just a bit of an explanation, But i guess you probably had a fair idea of that anyways.

This is just a theory, but i imagine because of the significant increase in calories, your gastric tract is working overtime to digest the increased food. After a meal your body redirects oxegenated blood away from areas like major muscle groups and your brain in order to get increased oxygen to the smooth muscle tissues in your digetstive tract, this leaves you feeling tired, its why a post meal siesta is always so good. I would guess that because of your increased intake, your body has to work harder to digest, hence the increased fatigue.

This obviously isnt a solution to your problem, just a bit of an explanation, But i guess you probably had a fair idea of that anyways.

Yes, that what i figure is happening.

I wouldn't eat if I didn't have to, I hate eating.
Going back to minimal calories asap in 2 more weeks.

hey guys long time no speak!!!!

ive just started training again and bulking arghhhhhhhhhh!!

feeling your pain lads!!!

Made a goal for a challenge to myself, need to fulfill it.
No point making goals if you don't follow through.

Tried various types of creatine before, never had any reaction from it.

You should, We had a lecturer the other day who wrote his masters paper on creatine.

He says " it cant not work" especially when you are working with the ATP-PC system...

Made a goal for a challenge to myself, need to fulfill it.
No point making goals if you don't follow through.

Goals are good, even if they do seem a little crazy.

Mine was to get my squat from 140 to 150 in 8 weeks. Got it to 160, in 4. I also wanted to get upto 95kg in the same time. Sitting at 94.5 now.

Its good to push yourself, makes it interesting. As for The Hulk, the good thing about putting on weight, not all of it fat/muscle, some of it is water. So you might put on 4kg of muscle, 4kg of fat, and 2kg water, which would be a worse case scenario.

This thread should read "Tired from 'unnecessary excessive' bulking diet", you have been training a few years now, noob gains are long gone. Considering your age & thinking realistically 10kg of LBM isn't realistic in a year, let alone a month. I don't see why (at best) you want to gain 9kg of fat/water & 1kg of LBM? Then have to diet to lose all the fat? I'm all for setting goals and personal challenges but this seems like such a waste of time.

Does anybody else get tired and fatigued when on a bulking diet?

I'm on a 30 day bulk, on my 10th day so far.
5kg gained so far.
Problem is, I'm so tired all the time now and it's got to be from the excess calories being consumed.
I'm taking in about 2200 calories above maintenance daily, about 5200 calories in total.
Can't wait till this is over.

I had so much energy eating just 2 meals/day and was gaining lean mass slowly too.

I'll go back to this style of eating after my 30 day bulk.
Plan to hold my new bodyweight and slowly recompose through to the end of this year.

Dunno where u got this idea, but unless ur on gear and plenty off it, most of that weight will be water, glycogen stores and fat.

500 cal over maintenance is approx what u should start on in a bulk cycle. And don't attempt to gain more than 2lbs per week. If gaining less add more cals, If ur gaining more reduce cals. Adjust on a weekly basis.

Personally i think ur setting urself up for chubby guts. And with 5kg in 10 days I'd say u may be going down that road.

My personal opinion and advice is to stop that crazy cal intake.