• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PTC is a strength and conditioning gym on brisbanes northside.
We mainly lift for strength, but are open to ANYBODY that has goals, and works hard to achieve them.

Between our members, we have set or broken over 100 australian powerlifting records, and even a few world records, with more to come.

Our current set up, looks like this.

Just an update on the equipment we have

IMG_3356-1.jpg

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

Monolift

2 Force USA benches

1 Commercial GymDirect cage

1 Force USA cage with band pegs

2 pairs of JME olympic squat stands

1 IPF spec competition combo rack

5 ABC power bars

1 Pendaly olympic bar

2 Muscle motion 600kg bars

1 No name olympic bar

1 Saftey squat bar

Glute Ham Raise

Wall mounted dip bars

2400x2400 lifting platform

3mx2m dealift pad

Muscle motion comercial flat bench

Flat bench matt made.

440kg colored G2 bumper plates in a toaster

155kg IronEdge bumper plates (includeing 2.5kg and 5kg technique plates) in a toaster

887.5kg rubber coated steel plates

1 pair of 2.5kg Ivanko collars

2 x 4kg Kettlebells

2 x 8kg Kettlebells

2 x 10kg Kettlebells

2 x 12kg Kettlebells

2 x 14kg Kettlebells

2 x 16kg Kettlebells

3 x 20kg Kettlebells

1 x 24kg Kettlebell

1 x 28kg Kettlebell

2 x 32kg Kettlebell

1 x 40kg Kettlebell

1 x 48kg Kettlebell

1 x 56kg Kettlebell

1 x 64kg Kettlebell

100kg atlas stone

151kg atlas stone

158kg atlas stone

Full set of PowerBands

velcrowed 3 board

25kg of chain

Various sized boxes

skipping ropes

Ropes for pulling cars and conditioning

3 tyres under 70kg for cardio

1 220kg tyre for man cardio (on loan)

1 Strong man log - 40kg (on loan)

1 2" fat bar - 40kg (on loan)

Yoke

Farmers handles

34kg keg

45kg keg

56kg keg

63kg keg

70kg keg

80kg keg

93kg keg

Lots of chalk

Im going to use this thread to keep everybody up to date on what we do, what we achieve, and how we go about doing it.
If you have any questions, feel free to post :)

Last edited:
Last night michael benched 145kg @ 76kg... Not once, but twice! Was a top effort.

Also had a chat with an oly coach. He is interested in coming out, and bringing his commonwealth games gold medallist out for a lift. We are going to arrange a time next week .

Last edited:
She wanted me to put one in haha.
I think Ill leave that for her studio though. Not sure it would fit in well with the other guys lol

Here is a pic of michael last night.

208282_108055632612091_100002229642289_80008_4164925_n.jpg

Far out man, looking sick so far. I'm thinking of visiting while I'm on easter break so I can get my knowledge up. Need some more training tips for sure.

I think I speak for everyone when I say we would rather see a picture of Tara than Michael. When did this happen a PTC open up in Bris?

Sorry guys, no pics of tara.

Tonight lozzo squatted up to 150kg.... For 5 reps, then proceeded to deadlift his equal PB of 220kg, and getting 230kg to his knees. Fucking soilid session from the big fella.

Michael also pulled 220kg, and Matt pulled 240kg after 187.5kg 5x5

Top session tonight.

El Freako and The Ugly came out for a session today.
They both deadlifted, and they both pulled well.
The Ugly pulled a stupidly easy 180kg, and freako pulled an easy 240.

Dixoff came in for some squat assistance, squatted 200x3x3 with bands, then went up to 220kg. He squatted it, but I assisted him very slightly through the sticking point. He'll nail it next time.

Ducky ran through R&R program, and we also did some technique work on the deads. After that I made him do UDL's and foam roll..... He didnt like me after that haha.

Heres Freako's 220kg, not an ugly picture though.... It was to light for him to even strain lol.

IMG_1469.png

Great gym man! Awesome atmosphere, good gear, cool people. First time I've pulled 180 in a while. Hit mil press 12 x 60kg & a single set of 23 bodyweight dips as well.

It's a perfect size Shrek, 220m2. After I get the full set of KB (up to 80kg, a full set of DB (up to 70kg) and a few more boxes, the place will be nice and snug.

Lawrence is getting strong hey!

Do you have any beginners Scott?? It would be a buzz learning of you guys

I'm looking forward to a return visit.

Especially if Scott gets some stones in!

Ive emailed the guy already, just waiting on his response :).

Lawrence is getting strong hey!

Do you have any beginners Scott?? It would be a buzz learning of you guys

Yeah mate, I have 3 beginners to power lifting at the moment.

Pete, he trains for MMA, but needs to get much stronger. His 1rm bench is 70kg, but I havent tested his squat or dead yet, he had shocking form, but its good now. I think around 80kg dead, 60kg squat is where he will be at.

Tara, she trains now for strength. She is a pole dancer instructor and needs quite a lot of strength to do all that flippy upside downy stuff. She went 80-52.5-100, with a bit left in her dead.

Ducky, Ive trained since late last year. He came to build a little strength, as he trains primarily for marathons.
He couldnt bench 50kg, nor could he squat or deadlift. Now his best lifts are 127.5/112.5/190, with the squat being his obvious weakness. He only trains once per week at PTC now, so his progress is starting to slow.

Ducky, Ive trained since late last year. He came to build a little strength, as he trains primarily for marathons.
He couldnt bench 50kg, nor could he squat or deadlift. Now his best lifts are 127.5/112.5/190, with the squat being his obvious weakness. He only trains once per week at PTC now, so his progress is starting to slow.

That's impressive progress from a low base, all since late last year. Well done Ducky and Sticky!