• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
LOL, you big sook, they arent that bad. Did you bruise up?

Tonight lozzo squatted, benched, then squatted some more. He squatted up to 162.5 for a few singles, and paused benched 117.5kg. He attempted to attain a new 1rm of 125kg paused, but it hit the upright.

Matt pulled 220kg 3x5, then strict pessed 90kg for 7 triples.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJSM_dflcX4]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Matt 220kg x 5‬‏[/ame]

Mike and I had a rather easy session. Mike competed in Melbourne yesterday and went 190/150/235, and I just finished Smolov so we both decided to have an easy session.
I squatted 140kg 3x5.

Well done on 1.5BW bench Scott! great milestone!

Have to agree you are going great guns scott, awsome work mate I wish i was able to train everyday, in a decent gym,.....sighhhhh. gealous.;)

But reading you are at 1.5 makes me feel a little better, lol, you now lift more than me in kg ( heaps more) but i am still at 1.6bw lol..

Have to get back into a routine and play catch up on that weight...I was chasing 140 by years end....might be tough.

Race to 3 plate bench Mick?

Quite tonight.*

Tara squatted 70kg 5x3, box squatted 80kg to the GymDirect bench, then a 32cm box.*
She benched 50kg 5x3, did 2.99999 BW WG pull ups, 7 BW dips.*
She then finished the night with the Kettlebell Kleenex Komplex in 6.31.*

Mike MP'd 90kg 5x3.*
Then did cardio complexes with cleans, tyre flips, sprints, KB swings & snatches.*

Pete also came in.*
He refused to flip the 500lb tyre because we told him Tara flipped it and he didn't want to get shown up haha.*

3 plate bench at this stage would be 1.95bw, i am fading away mate lol..But fk it, its only about 20kg extra...will will see what happens at the bench comp in November.

Hopefully i will get to see the new gym in a few months, we will have to bring bub down to show all the relos, and the gym is only 10min from were we stay.

Screw squatting in wraps, I don't know how you guys do it... It was bloody painful!

The first time is by far the worst, after you've used them for abit they aren't too bad. The other thing is everyone cranks them up really really tight the first time, I squat ATG raw and when I first did wraps I couldn't even make depth I then ended up with bruises the whole way up the tendons on the back of my legs. Now I love them and train in them 90% of time, I do however have them about half as tight as I would in a comp.

Good to see you guys are getting a decent regular attendance, just goes to show there is a market there for a proper semi commercial power lifting gym. Good luck with your comp, hopefully you don't steal too many of our PA guys from the comp the week before.

Thanks Gumbs.

Was a great session tonight.
I started Smolov jnr for bench again, then did a BB complex.

Tara deadlifted 90kg for 5x3 without any issues. She did KB rows, pull overs and some curls for the girls.

Lozzo did some deads up to 207.5kg for singles and benched.

Mike did the same.

Matt squatted 162.5kg for 5x3 yelling NO, NAH UH, NOPE randomly. Its was quite strange :D.

Zach came in for another session. He couldnt squat when he started, he box squatted 100kg 5x5, then squatted 70kg 3x3 to a very deep box.
He also pulled 150kg x 3 and flipped the 500lb tyre.

Steve was last in.
He said he had to be quick, and just wanted to get out his deadlift session.
He has given up on 5/3/1 :), and is just doing the last couple of weeks of prep for Bust-A-Nut.
He pulled 210kg 3x3 like it was a warm up. Then pulled a PB of 130kg. Then pulled another PB of 240kg, which he made look like a warm up still. When Steve started training at PTC, he pulled a PB of 200kg. That would have been around 8-10 weeks ago.
Steve is making awesome gains, and will pull 250+ very soon.
Great work mate.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm0sNsA7HDk]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Steve 240kg deadlift - 15kg PB.‬‏[/ame]

After seeing Steve pull 240kg, lozzo randomly pops up just before he leaves and says "I'm going to pull that". He walked straight up to the bar, and ripped it off the floor. It got stuck 3" shy of lock out, but to his credit, he didn't let the bar dip, nor did he hitch it. It took about 5 seconds of ball busting effort, but he locked that sucker out!
Nice work man.

Last edited:
It was a good grind by Lozzo, nothing like a bit of competition to push yourself!

Things seem to be going pretty well since I stopped doing 5/3/1... I'd probably still be under 200kg for working sets, with 10+ reps. Mind you, it did help increase my lifts a bit, just at a lot slower rate.

Now to get my squat up there, it's about 80kg lower than my dead... Smolov? :p

R&R 2x a week for bench, 3x3 for deads (which is the topp end of R&R anyway :D) but still 5/3/1 for squats.

The squat is now the lift that needs the most work. It's 160kg.

No more 5/3/1 on squats now either :p Just heavy triples leading up to bust a nut, then I'm gonna give Smolov a go.

Thursday-
Matt benched 157.5kg for 3 doubles.
Steve benches 102.5kg 5x3, the did some band lock out work with 120kg - 2,2,3
He then squatted 150kg 3x3
I started pulling again. Speed pulls - 160 5x5

Friday-
Matt pressed 90kg 8x3
Tara squatted 75kg 3x3. Then worked up to 100kg x3 on bench squats.
She also benched 52.5kg 3,2,3
Lozzo benches 110kg 5x3, squatted 152.5kg for doubles, then squatted 130kg for 14 reps.
Mike squatted and benched.

Today-
Mike done sheiko.

Steve squatted 155kg 3x3, then 160kg EPB, then 165kg PB, then 170kg PB, then a 175kg PB, and the big fella still has more in him. He should go 4 plates at bust-a-nut.
Then he benched 105kg 3x3, and did some KB complexses.
He finished "DEATHWISH II". It was a superb effort.

I squatted 140kg x 15 for fun.

Tara and Erin and lozzo came in for cardio.
It was Erins first session at PTC. She told tara on the way over that she was a little a little concerned that she wouldn't get a good working out haha.
Whilst they were here, they warmed up with some tyre flips.
I worked on Erins bench and squat form.
Then Tara, Erin and Lozzo then did the "Kettlebell Kleenex Komplex":
5kg each hand thrusters x 15
12kg cannonballs x 15
32kg KB deadlift x 15
12kg KB swings x 15
Repeat 3 times without stopping.

Erin handled it quite well, better than the other two (yes Tara I know, 100kg box squats :D) and decided to have a go at another complex.
She did:
5kg each hand thrusters x 20
20kg cannon balls x 20
20kg swings x 20

My guess is she was worked well, and will be a sore girl tomorrow :p.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-bLEqr6oVA]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Steve squat PBs 4.6.11‬‏[/ame]

Great night tonight.
Lozzo and Dan did some sheiko, which was squat/bench/squat.
Dan did 140kg 5x3 on squats, 105kg 5x3 on bench then 122.5kg 5x5 on squats again.
Loz went 145kg 5x3, benched 115kg 4x2, then squatted 135 4x4. Lozzo is in his last week of Sheiko.

Matt pulled 227.5kg 5x3

Mike benched heavy for doubles, squatted heavier for triples.

I pulled 170kg 5x5, then C&J 70kg 5x3

Steve and kurt both did some pressing work, kurt also practised his paused benching.

We also had Gruffy pop in for a session. He lives south of surfers paradise, so its a good 4 hour round trip for him. That being the case, it wont be a regular thing, but it was great of him to come up tonight and introduce himself to us all. He is a very nice bloke, with a very nice squat.
He squatted 250kg for a double, and was feeling good, so went for a 10kg PB of 290kg, but unfortunately missed it.
After a wardrobe change, he well and truly made up for it though with a 180kg x21 set.

Gruffy is dieting down for a BB show at the moment and is sitting at a comfortable 110kg. Mike and I were in his ear all night to make the switch to PL .
Great meeting you tonight big fella.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w9Qo3BXlJM]YouTube - ‪PTC Brisbane - Gruffy getting his squat on.‬‏[/ame]

Quite night last night.

Kurt pulled 170kg x 4

Mike MP'd 95kg for triples.

Tara squatted 85kg for a 5kg PB, and hit an EPB of 60kg paused on the bench.