• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Scott, want some proper photos done?

Need an excuse to buy a new lens :D.

Oh and place looks ripping, it's exactly how i pictured mine was going to turn out ;)

Thanks for the offer Liam, but ive already got a photographer for the comp. Her name is ellise Wetherill, if yiur into photography, check out her FB. She has some really cool shit.

Another great session last night.
Dan and lozzo came in for bench. Dan had never benched any heavier than 110kg. Last night he tripled 112.5, then proceeded to knock out a PB of 120kg very easily.
Lozzo also pushed out a PB on bench, 125kg, again quite easily. Lozzo is now on week 4 of the PPP 130kg cycle.

Steve also benched last night. He benched 90kg for 5, than paused 100kg for a 5kg PB. He loaded up 105kg, but unfortunately failed the lift at the top

Matt came in for deads, pulling 202.5kg 5x5. His hands were ruined by the end of it :D. Matts weakness in the deadlift is from just above the knee cap, so we worked on some rack pulls after that. He went to 170kg 3x3.

A new guy Kurt dropped in to check the place out. Kurt is keen to get into powerlifting and wants to find a gym where he is allowed to deadlift, clean, and use chalk :D. He was impressed by the set up we have, and says he will be back Monday.
Kurt is running smolov, for squats. His best ever lifts are 190/100/180, but has had a lay off from training. Last night he hit an easy triple at 160kg just to see where he was at.
Hopefully he sticks around, Kurt seems like a good bloke.

Last edited:
Wasn't very busy last night, so I didn't log it.
Main standout was matt working on paused squats. He paused in the hole with 180kg then powered out.
He then tried to equal mikes PB of 190kg, but unfortunately got stuck in the hole.

Today Steve, Tara and mike trained.
Steve hit an equal PB in his squat of 150kg, but failed 155kg very high. Steve and I both did some cardio at the end of our session which consisted of:
50m tyre flip
50m sprint
50m tyre flip
40kg keg C&P x 10
64kg UDL x 10
32kg Cannonballs x 10
24kg thrusters x 10

Repeat.

Mike squatted between 3 and 4 plates for triples and singles with wraps, then tried to get the hang of low bar.
He also decided to start squatting in chucks again, and It appears to have helped his squat somewhat. He said it feels a lot more natural too.

Tara deadlifted 60kg 5x5, and singles up to 90kg which she did easily.
Tara also benches 42.5kg 5x5 with the first rep paused, then a single at 50kg, 55kg, 60kg. The last to were both paused PB's, and the 60kg was a good fight. I'll post her 55kg bench if she says it's cool.

Great session.

Going great mate!
Hopefully i will come arround one day to check it out.
Working 6 days a week and getting up 4am doesn't allow me much time but will try to come in with Dan one saturday when i have an RDO.
You've done a great job with this setup .

Thanks mate.
Not a worry at all.... As soon as your ready pop in big fella.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sI8lKa3RVw]YouTube - Tara 55kg bench, 5kg PB[/ame]

This was the 55kg, I didnt get the 60kg on film unfortunately :(.

Sorry about the shakes too, Mike had literally walked out of the squat rack and started filming so needless to say he was stuffed!

About time you got a vid of her up, now just need one from behind of her squating or infront Im not picky.

Ok.... Joking is over with tara please :).

Lozzo came in tonight and deadlifted. He has changed from 5/3/1 to PPP 240kg. I like his decision.
He pulled 205kg x 3 tonight with out any trouble. 5 weeks to go.

Mike came in on his rest day for some cleans and cardio.

Pete came in for some squats 60kg 5x5, bench 62.5 5x5 70kg 3x3, KB rows, and WG pullups 3x5 using the red bands for assistance.

Tara had a similar session to Pete, she squatted 62.5 5,5,4,5,5. Missed a rep for some unknown reason. The squats weren't too hard. She then squatted 70kg 3x3. She benched with the first rep paused 42.5kg 5x5, then 3x3 at 47.5 kg. Then did some rows and stiff legs, and thought about jumping to the small box lol.
Tara's training is going really well at the moment. She is probably improving the most at PTC currently. She is looking at 250kg at bust-a-nut.

Matt come in for bench, I think it was around 140 for sets.

Was a good night.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igFTE1dPTtI&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Scott Jumps as high as Michael[/ame]

Nice updates Scott. Keen to have my deadlift session there this Saturday morning. Also I have a safety squat bar lying around that hasn't been used in ages that I'd be happy to donate to the gym if you want it?

That would be awesome mark, cheers.
I'm at the gym from 9-2 on Saturday's champ, so just pop in anytime :).

yeahh braa he will be getting shirts.. in the pipeline at the mo.... was a good session toinght by all Squatty aka stick aka branchy, steve O , quadsess and I all smashed our programs pretty easy..

Yeah I sure am mate. Im putting an order in this week for shirts and seeing as it coming into winter Im going to get some hoodies also.

Was a great session again tonight.

Mike, pulled 155 from a 60mm deficit, benched 127.5 for doubles very easily, and deadlifted 192.5kg to his knee's for 5x3 as assistance.

Steve pulled 225kg for a 5kg PB after doing his 5/3/1 which called for something like 170kg x 10 lol. He tried for 235kg, but had nothing left in the tank.

Tara pulled 70kg 5x5, 90kg x1 , 105kg x1. Her last attempt at 105 was hitched and a little messy. This one was a little slow off the floor, but once it got moving it was a nice smooth lift. This will be her last attempt at a single till comp. She did some deficits, and some WG pull ups.

Quite night tonight, never the less, more strength was gained :p

Lozzo was first in.
He did some paused benching tonight. Doubles at 100-110, went for a single at 120 which would have been a PB, but missed it.

Steve has decided to bin 5/3/1 on bench. It may or may not have been influenced by me :p. Steve benched 80kg 3x5 then 90kg 3x3. Steve benched 95kg when he first started at PTC. The next 6 weeks are going to be tough for him, but if he steps up to the plate, we should see a good increase from 95kg.

Kurt came in for some smolov love, or was it hate lol. Either way he squatted 145 5x5 and is backing it up tomorrow.

I pulled 5 plates tonight. Last time I pulled 5 plates was at nationals in august. Feelsgoodman.

scott 220.jpg

Last edited:
top work by sticky... the man is coming back from a injury and is getting strong real strong and quick... the rate at which some of these guys and Tara are improving is very inspirational for us more expierienced lifter to push on even further...

Cant wait to get in there tonight.