• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Every power lifter i talk to has had a knee/elbow/back injury/operation. I'm in the wrong sport. hahahaha.

East coast rivalry. ;)

AWESOME session tonight!
Steve was first in tonight. He came in for a deadlift session. His "PB" was 200kg, he missed 210 a few weeks ago. After his work sets tonight he decided to have a crack at it again. He pulled 200 very easy, so went 210. He pulled that even easier than the 200, so he then went 5 plates. He nailed that very easily, but called it a night there. A 20kg PB isnt to bad lol.
I have a vid and picture which Ill post if he gives me permission.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOr5U2_NWW0]YouTube - Steve nails 5 plates for a 20kg PB[/ame]

Pete came in after that for his 3rd session. His form is much, much better, so we decided it was time to see where his strength is at.
He squatted 90kg, missed 95. He benched 75kg, missed 80. He deadlifted 90kg missed 100.

Mike came in for a squat. He wanted to see how his knee is holding up 5 weeks post surgery. He squatted 170kg so freaking easy it looked like 50kg. I started loading up 4 plates because he would have nailed that, but he decided to call it a day on squats, and went and paused a 140kg bench lol.
Strong mike is strong.

Tara came in to test her deads so we can get some prep work in for the comp. She pulled a super easy 100kg, but had a little difficulty locking out the 105kg. She did it though, but I made her do it twice because she slightly hitched up the first one.

Josh (and his mate josh ) from the forum came in to do some form work on the bench and squat. He was turning the squat into a good morning at the start, but we got that under control now.
His bench wasnt too bad, just needed to get his scaps in and a few other minor things. Josh benches with a really close grip as he has had some dislocations of his shoulder, so at this stage his tricep strength is his limiting factor.

All in all, a top night.

Last edited:
its funny how u get strong guys together and u just seem to push an extra 5-10%. I seriously dont get anything like that at other gyms. No doubt the mental aspect has something to do with it.

Great lifts there by all the attendee scotty.

im loving PTC brisbane... great place to train..... Ill be having a powerlifting comp with myself friday night see what I can total for the 3 big lifts if anyone else want to join me.

im loving PTC brisbane... great place to train..... Ill be having a powerlifting comp with myself friday night see what I can total for the 3 big lifts if anyone else want to join me.
Awesome, can't wait to see where you're at now Mike post op!!

Can't make it then, I'll be on a yacht halfway to Gladstone racing from Brisbane. If I don't post again on this forum you'll know it wasn't because I thought you were all a bunch of turds, but because I didn't get off the yacht safely at the other end... ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Small session tonight.
Lozzo and Dan came in and done some bench work. Got through their work sets very easily, so they done some chain work and reverse grip benching.

Steve also came in for some bench work. His form is terrific, but lacks a fair amount of strength through his triceps. He is currently running 5/3/1 on the bench, and got through it easy.
We decided to see where his strength was at, and he TNG 100kg, and paused 95kg. Fresh, he'd pause 100kg no worries at all. After his benching, we did a bit of tricep work and worked out what he will be doing for his assistance exercises on bench days.
He will bench 120kg very soon. I expect steve will be a good all round lifter. He is about 6'4 and 115kg.

Tonight was a good night as usual.
Pete came in and benched, rowed, dipped, then flipped.
When we opened PTC, Pete benched 75kg x1, tonight he did 60kg 5x5.
He also flipped the "BAD" tyre 2 times, and 2x 100m sprints in 1.57.

Tara came in for some bench. She benched 37.5kg 5x5 very easily, then did 3 paused singles at 45kg really working on technique. she then did 50kg for a paused PB, then did 55kg..... But she unfortunately did not wait for the press call. Great benching though.

Michael, 5 weeks post surgery wanted to test his 1rm's tonight in the lead up for nationals.
At 77kg he totalled 190/145/230 - 565kg.
The day after michael's surgery he was in the gym benching. As soon as michael could LIMP around on his knee he was box squatting. As soon as he could make depth without his knee blowing up too much he was sqatting full ROM. This is the kind of dedication you need if you want to mix it with the best in your chosen sport. Michael will do very well,

TTT also came down for a session.
He squats low bar, and much better than he gives himself credit for.
After getting through his work sets, he decided to do some heavier squatting. He equalled his previous PB of 160kg very easily, so went to 170kg. After nailing 170kg, and a little egging on from Mike, TTT loaded up 4 wheels. He got under the bar tight, and everything looked great. He came out of the hole with plenty of speed, but unfortunately failed the lift. Keep in mind, this was after all his work sets, and it would have been a 20kg PB. I have no doubt he would hit it fresh.
TTT noticed Mike was deadlifting after that.... and thought he'd join in. Walked straight up and pulled 150kg x 3, then his equal PB of 190kg....... In SQUAT shoes. I recommended he takes the shoes off and has a pull at 200, which he smokes and it looked easier than the 190kg.
He then took a stab at 210kg, but was just to gassed......... But who wouldnt be lol

Mikes Vid from last night.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVch1st7ZEg]YouTube - Mike 555kg 5 weeks post knee surgery.[/ame]

Wow strong Mike, very strong.
Great job on the gym Scott, Dan keeps telling me to come in .
I just started training (first cycle of 5/3/1)
Hopefully i will come in one day to meet you guys :)

Great night tonight.
Mike started his new modified sheiko/smolov program.... Looks brutal. He benched and squatted.

Matt, Ben, and myself squatted. Ben is running PPP, Matt and myself are running R&R. Things are humming along nicely so far on that front.

Steve and Lozzo also trained, doing MP and Keg presses. The boys seem to love the keg :D.

Big Tim came in for deads, pulling a very easy 270kg for a 10kg PB. I honestly think 300kg could fall within 6 months for the big fella. Tim weighing in at around 140kg (?) tried to jump to the 1020mm high box, but missed it by an inch.

Get turn out and an even better effort for a public holiday.

Not very busy tonight.
Matt came in and done some benching. He benched 130kg 5x5. I think he is on about week 4 of his 11 week program.
He then done some speed work with the doubled over RED power bands with 30kg for 8 triples.

Lozzo came in and done some deads and bench. He pulled 175kg x 8, then tried some sumo pulls from 160kg to 200kg. He was disappointed in his efforts lol .
After his deads, Loz walked over to the bench, warmed up, and punched out a rep at 120kg. It came out of the groove, but he managed to recover it, and lock it out. It was a PB by 5kg.

Tonight was a good session.
Pete came in and squatted 50kg 5x5 really easily, benched 55kg 5x5, sldl, bb row, MP 30kg 3x8.
Pete had never preformed a proper squat when he started here. His form is now really good and we will be piling on the weight over the next few months.

Tara benched 40kg 5x5, and squatted 60kg 5x5. She got through the first few sets very easily, but started to run out of gas.... FAST. That's when I learned she had only eaten 2 cupcakes all day! I let her know how I felt about that, and now she will (I hope) be eating a lot better.... Especially on her training days. We ended up cutting her session a bit short.

Mike continued on his ridiculously massive program..... Man it looks brutal! Pretty sure he ended up doing 190kg or 195kg for 5 triples.

Steve came in to do his deads. Im pretty sure I spied 4 plates for reps. I'm not sure how many sets the big fella did all up tonight, but I'm pretty sure it was around eleventy zillion. He just kept going and going :D.
He then tried a body weight pull up, and think he got 1 or 2. This is an area we are defiantly going to work on. He will be repping with added weight in no time.