• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I love watching Mikes battles haha, always getting it done.

Dude must be solely comprised of white fibers.

I also got to meet Aaron, one of the guys behind BioFlex Nutrion.
He popped into the gym tonight to check the place out and have a chat.
He seems like a really top guy, and Im very happy to have a genuine guy like him supporting the up and coming deadlift comp.

Aaron, if your reading this, it was great to meet you big fella.

Thanks Scott. Mate it was a pleasure to meet you too and check out the gym...even if it did make me feel pretty weak seeing your boys train! I've got to say I was also very impressed with yourself and the gym and great to see someone with a genuine passion for training and his gym, if I wasn't 1 1/2 hours away I'd definitely be a member of PTC Brissy. A great gym with one of the nicest blokes in the industry.

I'm psyched for this Sunday champ. It's gonna be awesome!!! Bring your strong!!!!

Sorry to butt in MaxB but I was there last night and thought I'd let you know. It's at the end of Beattie Street in Kallangur mate. Seriously awesome setup!

No problem, thanks for that Bioflex2 :) Wow certainly not 'central' to much LOL.

In all seriousness it looks like a fantastic setup and a like it has a excellent following. I wish them continued success :)

No problem, thanks for that Bioflex2 :) Wow certainly not 'central' to much LOL.

In all seriousness it looks like a fantastic setup and a like it has a excellent following. I wish them continued success :)

Thanks mate.

It's not that far from the city actually, though for southsiders it's a bit of a stretch.
I've had people from the gold coast, toowoomba, and the sunshine coast come down to train.
I myself travel an hour each way to get to the gym, and also travel over 1.5 hours each way to train with a few VERY strong lifters at a gym in the city as often as I can.

I suppose people that want to train with good equipment and other passionate lifters with similar goals, they will put in the effort to get here instead of training a the local day spa.

Just an update on the equipment we have

2 Force USA benches
1 Commercial GymDirect cage
1 Force USA cage with band pegs
2 pairs of JME olympic squat stands

5 ABC power bars
1 Pendaly olympic bar
2 Muscle motion 600kg bars
1 No name olympic bar
1 Saftey squat bar

Glute Ham Raise
Wall mounted dip bars
2400x2400 lifting platform
3mx2m dealift pad
Muscle motion comercial flat bench
Flat bench matt made.

440kg colored G2 bumper plates in a toaster
155kg IronEdge bumper plates (includeing 2.5kg and 5kg technique plates) in a toaster
887.5kg rubber coated steel plates
1 pair of 2.5kg Ivanko collars

2 x 4kg Kettlebells
2 x 8kg Kettlebells
2 x 10kg Kettlebells
2 x 12kg Kettlebells
2 x 14kg Kettlebells
2 x 16kg Kettlebells
3 x 20kg Kettlebells
1 x 24kg Kettlebell
1 x 28kg Kettlebell
2 x 32kg Kettlebell
1 x 40kg Kettlebell
1 x 48kg Kettlebell
1 x 56kg Kettlebell
1 x 64kg Kettlebell

Full set of PowerBands
velcrowed 3 board
25kg of chain
Various sized boxes
skipping ropes
Ropes for pulling cars and conditioning
3 tyres under 70kg for cardio
1 220kg tyre for man cardio (on loan)
1 Strong man log - 40kg (on loan)
1 2" fat bar - 40kg (on loan)
40kg keg
Lots of chalk

Things on order and awaiting arrival
Texas deadlift bar
Prowler

Great lifting today by all 12 lifters. Just about everybody hit PB's, 2 guys as high as 20KG!
Ben Bergmein suffered some sort of hamstring strain on his opening lift, I hope its nothing to serious, and wish him a very quick recovery.

Also, a huge thanks again to BioFlex nutrition for supporting the comp, and the lifters. Well done guys!

Here are the results:

Fion Chen 23yo 52kg 85 - 95 - 100x
Emma Eaton 35yo 45.6kg 87.5 - 97.5 - 105
Janette Hooson 37yo 89kg 120 - 135 - 142.5

Ben Bergmein 22yo 67.6kg 150kg - x - x
Cameron Phanthanouvong 18yo 91.3kg 190 - 200 - 212.5x
Zach Turner 18yo 117.6kg 190 - 200x - 205
Kurt Patrick 24yo 102.5kg 190 - 202.5 - 215
TTT 34yo 93.4kg 180 - 215 - 222.5
Ben Nolan 26yo 90.0kg 235 - 240 - 245
Rick Goodyear 36yo 105.7kg 240 - 250 - 270
Steve Psaltis 26yo 120.5kg 255 - 265 - 272.5
Marc wells 32yo 137.5kg 270 - 305 - 315x

Here is everybodys best lifts

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvAo4U4weLc]PTC Brisbane's DEADLIFT comp - 14/8/11 - YouTube[/ame]

Awesome lifts by everybody, some bloody big lifts there and video set to one of the best songs ever!!!!

...and thanks again Scott for a great day. Old Bioflex here felt pretty weak watching the guys and girls lift :)

Anytime there is another opportunity to support PTC Brisbane it would be a pleasure mate.

Awesome lifts by everybody, some bloody big lifts there and video set to one of the best songs ever!!!!

'Tis a good song, and I think it suits the lifting :).

Great lifting by all .
Sorry i couldn't make it Scott...

All good brother. Im sure I'll see you out at PTC again soon enough.

...and thanks again Scott for a great day. Old Bioflex here felt pretty weak watching the guys and girls lift :)

Anytime there is another opportunity to support PTC Brisbane it would be a pleasure mate.

Thanks for your generosity mate, and Ill reply to your Email asap.

90% of the world would feel weak just watching the girls pull. Defiantly some strong deadlifting happened.
Pitty you and the missus couldnt stick around for steak though. The kitchen shit themselves when a group of hungry PL'ers were ordering 2 mains each haha.

cheer sscott. was great to get out there and have a go.

will try and make it up more often to train.

Great to put a face to the name Cameron.
Awesome work on pulling 215kg AFTER the comp had finished lol.
How did you pull up from the UDL's?

Good night tonight.... apart from having to re-set the gym up after the comp lol.

Mike benched up to 140kg 5x5.

Matt benched up to 160kg x 1 TnG

Lozzo was going to squat, but was to shagged from cricket. He decided to bench a PB instead, 140kg TnG.
Followed in by 140 2x2 to a 3 board, rows and curls.

Emma Squatted 50kg for 5 triples fairly easily. She also benched 30kg 3x8. A rep PB, last time she only got 8,8,6.
After that Emma done some GHR's, KB rows and a plank.
Emma's next goal is the Big Bench In Paradise comp in October. She'd love to hit 40kg paused.

Kurt is having major issues with his bicep at the moment, its gotten to the stage that he cant squat.
He has decided to rest it, and focus on his assistance exercises such as GHR's and swings.

I sqautted for the first time in well over a week as I had a slight injury to both of my quads. They seem to have improved 110% so I decided to get a squat session in.
Worked up to a 10kg, 210kg. Then did it for 2 more singles.
Also tried out Mikes "Fury-X" bench shirt. Got 150kg to a 2 board, Fuck its hard to use!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td1r5PCXXuM]PTC Brisbane - Scott squats 210kg - 10kg - YouTube[/ame]

Mitchum came in tonight. His local gym was closed, so called Matty to see if PTC was open.
He came in for squats, and the weren't pretty. Problem with commercial gyms is they often wont bother correcting your form unless you pay them $40+ per session. I noticed so things that were pretty ordinary, so we spent a good hour fixing the issues.
He left very happy with how his squats are now, he says they now feel like he thought squats should. He squatted 60kg for triples.
I hope to see him again in the gym soon.

Last edited:
Jesus christ, strong people all around at the comp.

Scott, your lifts are going up like clock work. What ever you are doing is working very well, well done big fella.

Thanks mate.

My squats and bench are flying up at the moment. Ive run 3 cycles of smolov now, my body responds to it like magic.
I wont be running it for a long time after nats though. Its bloody tough and takes everything out of you.

How do you find constant heavy singles , triples and 5's on your joints?

My joints are going fine at the moment, but I'm not sure how much longer I could do this and remain free from a serious injury. I just need to get through one more set of singles, then the comp.

After nats, and ProRaw 2, I won't be going over 180kg for a while.