• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Boxing (pre-emptive thread)

Yawn.

Bring on Manny Pacquiao vs Shane Mosley. I'd be surprised if Pacman doesn't tear him a new arsehole.

Im not really interested in this fight to be honest.

I'm keen for ortiz v berto this weekend.

Berto is on the edge right now. He's had a great run and looks good, but he's pretty much been picking and choosing his fights, not too dissimilar to our boy mundine...
Once Berto takes on a couple of the big boys then I'll be more convinced. I really like him though, so hopefully he shows them up.

I know what you mean Tat...Mosley showed nothing against Mayweather, but i love watching Pacquiao fight anytime against anyone. He's running out of opponents. I reckon he'll move to politics full-time soon if Mayweather doesn't step up.

Ortiz is a talented fighter but he showed a lack of ticker against Maidana. I'll tip Berto there.

EDIT - I've seen the 2 fights you mentioned in the OP. Maidana v Morales was a humdinger, I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of the weight difference there but Martinez is a bit too heavy for him, although I still reckon Pacman would beat him.

Tat probably knows the weight classes better than me, I've never been able to follow the different categories cause there are too fkn many of them. Different division every 4 pounds at the lighter weights.....ridiculous.

If we were to talk UFC I could quote you each of the 7 different weight categories and the weight limits for each, it ain't that hard to follow if you're a fan. But boxing seems to have dozens of weight classes. When you combine that with all the alphabet soup organizations (WBA, IBO etc etc) you end of with plenty of belt holders that really don't deserve one.

Martinez holds the junior middleweight and Pac the junior welter. They could easily meet in the middle.

I know what you mean Tat...Mosley showed nothing against Mayweather, but i love watching Pacquiao fight anytime against anyone. He's running out of opponents. I reckon he'll move to politics full-time soon if Mayweather doesn't step up.

Ortiz is a talented fighter but he showed a lack of ticker against Maidana. I'll tip Berto there.

EDIT - I've seen the 2 fights you mentioned in the OP. Maidana v Morales was a humdinger, I enjoyed it.

What did you think of my boy Ishida?? Destroyed the knock-out machine!!

took him on with 8 days notice and was a 40-1 chance. That was a flat out win, imagine the odds if you backed him to win the way he did, in the first round!!! Probably was paying 120 or 150 - 1.

Oli, I just looked up the weight classes and was thinking the same thing. I think Pacman could go up one weight class, some of the guys he's beaten are in that division.

Tat, I just saw highlights of that one. Hell of an upset.

Pac v May will never happen.

You might get Mayweather or Pac against Berto if he beats ortiz and can then topple margaritto or maybe even morales. I think he'll avoid marquez, but pacquiao might take him on for number 3. Depends on the weights.

Boxing needs pacquiao v mayweather right now before they are both too old. I don't think Mexico and Japan will be able to support it by themselves, although they are doing a great of it right now.

I'm really excited to see where Darchinyan goes in the next few years, he's at that point where he's changed styles a few times and he's built up a lot of experience so he has to put it all together to make history or he'll miss out, he's too old to be able to reassess again.

Oli, I just looked up the weight classes and was thinking the same thing. I think Pacman could go up one weight class, some of the guys he's beaten are in that division.

Tat, I just saw highlights of that one. Hell of an upset.

lol, the whole fight was the highlight.

I'm not a Daechinyan fan. He's an arrogant twat and his herky jerky fighting style shits me. Im really into Nonito Donaire lately. What a gun, beautiful combination of athleticism and artistry. I've heard talk of him fighting Darchinyan again. He's definitely improved since the last time he knocked out Vic, so I see Donaire giving him even more of a hiding this time.

Oli - I can't tell if you're taking the piss there or not.

DKD - Donaire is great. That win against Darchinyan was an upset. In saying that, Donaire has improved alot since then, but so has vic, his style has changed twice which has resulted in him being a better fighter. I'd like to see them fight again one day in a heavier weight class to allow for their bigger hits. But there are better fights to look at first.