• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Boxing (pre-emptive thread)

tat maytals

If you care about mundine v wood - you should be ashamed.

Maidana fought Morales in his return fight on sunday with Katsidis on the undercard.

If you don't know about this and what happened but you are interested in the Mundine and Wood fight you are a muppet.

Sundays bill was awesome with a couple of cracking fights and a huge result.

Don't give any spoilers on Sundays fight, I'll try and track it down and watch it so don't wanna know the result.

I love boxing and follow all the overseas guns, the real stars, that you're alluding to. I know what you're getting at with your 'muppet' comment but I disagree. Not everyone is mad keen on boxing. Most guys who enjoy boxing do so in a casual sense. They'll be interested in Fenech, tzuyu, Mundine, Tyson etc but won't know much else. That's mainly due to limited media coverage. Everyone has a different level of interest.

DKD, I like you.

But mundine doesn't belong with those names. Even Fenech was a mug, but was worth watching and knowing about.

Watch the whole bill from sundays fight, it was an absolute cracker.

I got a copy of the Marquez vs Katsidis fight from november the other day. Cant wait to watch it. I was there and it was absolutely insane, so it will be great to relive it and see it more objectively at the same time (if possible).

Hell yeah, I agree Mundine doesn't rate with those guys. He wouldn't be in the top 100 pound for pound in the world ATM. Maybe not even top 200 or 300? But for the casual follower, when they think of name fighters to follow they just assume he's a gun.

I'd love to see more press coverage of guys like Juan Manual Lopez, Nonito Donaire etc but i know it's never gonna happen. I've been following it for a lot of years and it hasn't changed. It's actually gone backwards in a sense because international MMA stars are more widely known in Aus than the true overseas boxing stars.

As most people here know I am not a Mundine fan, so I hope he gets knocked out cold again.

Really?

Do you think Mundine will turn the tables?
Fenech is pretty confident that Wood will win easily.

Round 9 And... the get tangled up, just for good measure. Mundine needs to get some early momentum in this round I think. Wood finishing a little stronger. He's really made it his kind of fight once again. Mundine needs to fire at distance and cash in on the retreat as Wood charges. Not doing that at the moment and gets barrelled into the ropes once again. Mundine left thuds into Wood but not much damage done. Lacking power again is Mundine. Needs to make it up with volume of punches. Both fighters have spent half the bout complaining to the referee. Glancing left from Mundine! Wood is down and gets the count! Huge moment! He is fine and that may have been a slip. That's what he's saying. Boy of boy what a moment in this fight and that could be vital on the scoresheet

Mundine has it.

Final round Wood is understandably eager here. I think he knows he may be behind on the card and needs this round. Swinging wildly. Lovely from Mundine and Wood is down again! An upercut that time! Gets the count and if he can't knock Mundine out, this fight is over. Tape coming off Mundine's glove and it's stopped for running repairs. That count in the ninth was dubious but that was legit. Mundine finally caught him on the charge forward. Wait for it - Mundine just fell out of the ring and knocked my laptop flying! I salvage it and somewhere in there, he gets deducted a point. I'm still typing despite that setback! Mundine dancing and I think he knows he might have salvaged this one. That's it guys - stay tuned for the decision. That point was off Wood I've just been told, btw

The Decision And it's Mundine with the win. It's 96-92, 96-92, 95-93 in a unanimous decision.

Mundine has looked relatively weak to me since he dropped down so many weight divisions. His punches used to pack a reasonable amount of power (never huge though) but these days he's just too damn thin. I thought he was at his peak around the time he fought Danny Green.

Yawn.

Bring on Manny Pacquiao vs Shane Mosley. I'd be surprised if Pacman doesn't tear him a new arsehole.

I was ringside.

I don't doubt you were Shrek. I'm tipping you got in the ring afterward and tried a bit of argy bargy with Mundine, and then decided to strategically omit that part from your SMH blog. You gotta control that temper bro!

I like australian fights, im australian after all.

So where did you watch the katsidis fight? Thoughts?

I can see him sticking around for a while, but if I was his trainer I'd be advising to either retire now, or stop fighting to the top tier. He's going to be ridiculously punchy in 10-20 yrs. I kind of feel bad for him.