• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Open minded TRT doctor in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area?

jfiz

My testosterone came back at 12nmol/L in three different tests over the past 6 months, blood was taken at 7am.

Because its in the range(10-33) my doctor thinks its fine, but i dont feel fine. Im 27 and have had symptoms of low test for few years now.
Also my FSH is 4 U/L (range 3-20) which from my research is very low and shows the possibility of hypogonadism/tumor on pituitary..

Frustrated with my doctors relaxed attitude I am reaching out and asking for any recommendations for good HRT doctors on the Gold Coast or Brisbane.
Feel free to PM me any details, would be really appreciated :D

My testosterone came back at 12nmol/L in three different tests over the past 6 months, blood was taken at 7am.

Because its in the range(10-33) my doctor thinks its fine, but i dont feel fine. Im 27 and have had symptoms of low test for few years now.
Also my FSH is 4 U/L (range 3-20) which from my research is very low and shows the possibility of hypogonadism/tumor on pituitary..

Frustrated with my doctors relaxed attitude I am reaching out and asking for any recommendations for good HRT doctors on the Gold Coast or Brisbane.
Feel free to PM me any details, would be really appreciated :D

You need more labs done to see the problem...

FSH is low but was LH tetsed?

your missing

cortisol
SHBG
e2
t3
t4
tsh
prolacitn (needed to test for pituitary tumour)

as a start...

It could be as simple as your liver is not excreting excess e2 properly and imporving liver function and bowel clearence your test will increase.

It is VERY unlikley that you have a pituitary tumour... It is more likley that lifestyle factors have kicked your health out of wack and you need to get a few things back into place before you can move forward.

TRT is for life and is not something to simply go for. Fixing the problem is always the best solution.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response mate.
I understand I need more tests done, just want to find a doc who is very knowledgeable.

The reason why im thinking of a pituitary tumor is because my thyroid levels were way out over a year ago and I got put on thyroxine with no further explanation. My thyroid levels are perfect on the meds so I never thought anything further about it.

Heres the rest of my levels

LH 6 U/L (3-20)
FSH 4 U/L (3-20)
Testosterone 12 nmol/L (10-33)

DHEA 2300ng/mL (1000-4000)
CRP <5mg/L (0-6)

100mcg Thyroxine medication
TSH 0.05 mU/L (.5-4)
fT4 22 pmol/L (15-30)

Sodium 136 nmol/L (137-147)
Potassium 4.2 nmol/L (3.5-5.0)
Chloride 100 nmol/L (96-109)
Bicarbonate 25 nmol/L (25-33)
Other Anions 15 nmol/L (4-17)
Creatine 80 umol/L (60-130)
Cholesterol 3.6 nmol/L (3.1-6.5)

Anti dsDNA <4 IU/mL (0-7)
Antinuclear Antibody Titre (HEP-2) <80 (<80)

Serum Creatine Kinase 65 U/L (0-190)
Serum Ferritin Assay 313 ug/L (20-320)

Thanks for the response mate.
I understand I need more tests done, just want to find a doc who is very knowledgeable.

The reason why im thinking of a pituitary tumor is because my thyroid levels were way out over a year ago and I got put on thyroxine with no further explanation. My thyroid levels are perfect on the meds so I never thought anything further about it.

Heres the rest of my levels

Do you know what your thyroid meds levels were prior to thyroxine?

How is that going for you?

Were you ever tested for antibodies.. or even rt3?

Its hilarious how the conventional medical system treats TSH and t4 never checking the actual active thyroid hormone.. Its a shame. Your reverse t3 could be that high t3 is not able to work as rt3 is blocking its action.

You may need a endo. There is a hrt clinic on the gold coast named Clinica Colagrande Dr Ces Colagrande - Cosmetic Surgery and Anti-Ageing. I know of 3 competing bodybuilders who get there trt/hrt from him, 2 are over 50 and have won many comps. They do a full set of bloods (bulkbilled) He is sympathetic to bodybuilders causes without abusing the meds.

AZZA

I am on the gold coast and seeking a GP Doctor to prescribe Hormone Replacement Therapy Testosterone, i am 50yrs got weight issues and energy issues, cant get rid of fat around stomach, chest, seem to lose all mucscle from face when i lose weight, hoping to find doctor who understand my problem and willing to help, got tested for testosterone levels and 20ml so my doctor say all is OK but i dont think so, can someone email me

I am on the gold coast and seeking a GP Doctor to prescribe Hormone Replacement Therapy Testosterone, i am 50yrs got weight issues and energy issues, cant get rid of fat around stomach, chest, seem to lose all mucscle from face when i lose weight, hoping to find doctor who understand my problem and willing to help, got tested for testosterone levels and 20ml so my doctor say all is OK but i dont think so, can someone email me

Not a cop.

no i am not a cop, you would they have bigger things to think about than legitamate hard working people seeking to improve their health. Anyone can help then get in contact and can talk privately or anyway works for you.

I have tried all matter of professionals for 5 years, diet food intake & supplements don’t work for what I seek, I now realise the only way to get what I need is to get on some form of HRT.

I can lose weight easily but my main issue is;
1. The remaining flabby wiggly unwanted fat in my stomach, breast, hips, etc. which i cannot seem to get rid of (thinking of Liposuction)
2. I am also left with loss of muscle mass in face (gaunt look) and told by friends and work mates that I look sick/ill.

Fuck me lipo, trt. Big fan of the old shortcut aren't ya boss.

By the way if your in range and want test it isn't trt doctor your after its a dealer.

Fucking drs would be putting the bikies and lebs out of business if they just gave gear to anyone.

no i am not a cop, you would they have bigger things to think about than legitamate hard working people seeking to improve their health. Anyone can help then get in contact and can talk privately or anyway works for you.

I have tried all matter of professionals for 5 years, diet food intake & supplements don’t work for what I seek, I now realise the only way to get what I need is to get on some form of HRT.

I can lose weight easily but my main issue is;
1. The remaining flabby wiggly unwanted fat in my stomach, breast, hips, etc. which i cannot seem to get rid of (thinking of Liposuction)
2. I am also left with loss of muscle mass in face (gaunt look) and told by friends and work mates that I look sick/ill.
Your goal should be to loose fat not weight. Are you lifting weights or doing some form of resistance exercise while dieting? On the subject of diet perhaps it is inadequate and that's why you lose muscle mass.

Thanks fluffy for stating the obvious, when you turn 50 and have let your body go then you have no option but to seek Lipo, and TRT is obtained legally via doctors as part of preventative for those prone to health issues. If your fortunate to be young or taken care of yourself all your life or just have good genetics then be grateful for what you have and not mean to other, you may one day find yourself in my position maybe thru illness or personal circumstances.

GROAR, i have nutritionist and health trainers etc, they have me on food plans and Gym weights training in past, i have finally conculded some fat will never go , hence reason for drastic measures, thanks for the tip though

Thanks fluffy for stating the obvious, when you turn 50 and have let your body go then you have no option but to seek Lipo, and TRT is obtained legally via doctors as part of preventative for those prone to health issues. If your fortunate to be young or taken care of yourself all your life or just have good genetics then be grateful for what you have and not mean to other, you may one day find yourself in my position maybe thru illness or personal circumstances.

Sorry mate but trt won't cure lazy. Besides which your not a fucking candidate anyway. So stop trolling the net and dr shopper and go lift some fucking weights and only eat enough so your not fat. Its not fucking rocket science champ.

Sorry mate but trt won't cure lazy. Besides which your not a fucking candidate anyway. So stop trolling the net and dr shopper and go lift some fucking weights and only eat enough so your not fat. Its not fucking rocket science champ.

Lol. Fluff is spot on. The bloke has normal test but just looking to blame laziness on something else.

2 real options.

Find a drug dealer

Or harden up. Train hard, eat properly and come back in 2-5 years.

i have tried some heavy training but at age 50 i get joint and ligament injuries which put me out of action for months, which sets me back to start again, so i go back to light weights, i was hoping hormone give a boost and also aid my injury recovery but i have no knowledge and looking for men in my age group and condition to help, not sure about those on here or made negative comments if you truly understand my situation, i enjoy getiing in gym training, do it daily and gives me a great buzz until i get injury which plages me all day for months. I have used trainers to help with technique so thats not the problem its just i am old and body dont work like it did, hence hormone just to get to level of youth, there is a australian medical 2yr study in progress now where testosterone is injected in men over 50 who have good level of testosterone, not just for lazy people but maybe genuine issue for men over 50 regardless of hormone level. or maybe you are all correct and i am just a lazy pizza eating pig looking for easy way to health.

i get joint and ligament injuries which put me out of action for months, which sets me back to start again, so i go back to light weights
Do you warm up properly? I am 27 and my warm up goes for something close to 30 minutes. My warm up includes foam rolling of muscles, getting a lacrosse ball into into the glutes, calves, pecs and shoulders. Alot of dynamic stretching and mobility drills for the shoulders, hips, ankles, tspine, chest, shoulders, some distraction work using bands to help open up my hips and shoulders. I dont have good genetics, I was actually born with a mild form and cerebral palsy and I dont use it as an excuse. I have alot of mobility problems and stiff/short muscles but I always do my best. I was lucky and had alot of rehab and therapy when I was a kid and I was lucky enough to turn out fairly normal without to many major issues.

If I dont do this long warm up before I lift I will end up in agony the next day or injure myself lifting. I also do some foam rolling at home to aid in recovery.

I have used trainers to help with technique so thats not the problem
What type of trainers? I have NEVER seen a personal trainer teach proper technique when I trained at a commercial gym and even at a smaller privately owned gym. Ive had two PT's in the past, one was from a commercial gym he was ok but still didnt teach good technique and another guy who was a friend of a friend and he was worse. In the two real gyms I've trained at (shire speed and strength/PTC Sydney) I can safely say the coaches have taught me proper lifting technique. I think if you want to learn proper technique you need a good strength and conditioning coach.

Last edited:
i have tried some heavy training but at age 50 i get joint and ligament injuries which put me out of action for months, which sets me back to start again, so i go back to light weights, i was hoping hormone give a boost and also aid my injury recovery but i have no knowledge and looking for men in my age group and condition to help, not sure about those on here or made negative comments if you truly understand my situation, i enjoy getiing in gym training, do it daily and gives me a great buzz until i get injury which plages me all day for months. I have used trainers to help with technique so thats not the problem its just i am old and body dont work like it did, hence hormone just to get to level of youth, there is a australian medical 2yr study in progress now where testosterone is injected in men over 50 who have good level of testosterone, not just for lazy people but maybe genuine issue for men over 50 regardless of hormone level. or maybe you are all correct and i am just a lazy pizza eating pig looking for easy way to health.

You just making excuses. I doubt there is a day were I don't have some injury hampering my workouts.

Hormones are unlikely to help your problems anyway.

I'm 51 years of age ROC and lift as heavy as I can for the chosen reps with no injury issues.
You mentioned previously that you have a weight problem, maybe you need to look at your diet habits or perhaps the way you workout just may not be as good as you think it is.
50 is certainly not as old as you seem to imagine.